Film: Devil's Prey
Devil's Prey is a 2001 horror B-Movie of the slasher variety. It revolves around five college kids who get invited to a rave and run into a girl who claims to have escaped from a group of Devil worshipper's called "The Shadows" who were planning to sacrifice her. The Shadows waste no time in tracking down the girl and want to capture the rest of the kids for helping her.The film veers into So Bad, It's Good territory given its obvious low budget and patchy acting but it still manages to entertain with its good plot and actual Character Development unusual for a slasher film.
This film provides examples of:
- Alpha Bitch: Sam could count as a deconstruction. While she fits the bill — blonde, bitchy, rich father — she breaks down in the film and says that her father never pays any attention to her except when she's got herself in trouble and she says that she doesn't want to end up like her parents.
- Adults Are Useless: The kids stop in a small town where nearly every resident belongs to the cult. And the sheriff is an asshole.
- Asshole Victim: Subverted pretty uniquely for a standard slasher film; Eric and Sam are the asshole couple for the majority of the film with Eric being the drug dealer on parole and Sam just being a Rich Bitch. Then once they're alone Sam admits she doesn't want to depend on her father for everything and Eric admits he wants to turn his life around. Then they get killed off.
- Badass: Eric, David and Susan.
- Bare Your Midriff: The women who get sacrificed by The Shadows.
- Black Dude Dies First: Joe, the fifth wheel in the group lasts only two minutes after they find Fawn.
- Blondes Are Evil: Sam though she's just a bitch really. The real evil chick in the film is brunette.
- Blood-Splattered Wedding Dress: Not actually a wedding dress but Fawn is dressed in a white gown when the kids find her (see Woman in White below). The blood may be fake though.
- Death by Pragmatism: Joe admits he's been in juvey about two minutes before he's killed off.
- Death Equals Redemption: Eric.
- Dressing as the Enemy: Susan takes one of the cult member's robes.
- Every Car Is a Pinto: Eric manages to blow up a barn with a truck.
- Face-Heel Turn: Fawn, Seth, Grace and Eli.
- Fan Disservice: Fawn and Seth's sex scene intercut with clips of Sam being sliced up.
- Fanservice: The topless dancers at the rave.
- Final Girl: We can pretty much guess who will live within the first five minutes.
- Horror Films
- Human Sacrifice
- Religion of Evil
- Sinister Minister: Seth.
- Virgin Sacrifice
- Woman in Black: Fawn after her Face-Heel Turn.
- Woman in White: Fawn, when they first find her. She's covered in blood though.