is a 2001 horror B-Movie of the slasher variety. It revolves around five college kids who get invited to a rave and run into a girl who claims to have escaped from a group of Devil worshipper's called "The Shadows" who were planning to sacrifice her. The Shadows waste no time in tracking down the girl and want to capture the rest of the kids for helping her.
The film veers into So Bad, It's Good
territory given its obvious low budget and patchy acting but it still manages to entertain with its good plot and actual Character Development
unusual for a slasher film.
This film provides examples of:
- Alpha Bitch: Sam could count as a deconstruction. While she fits the bill — blonde, bitchy, rich father — she breaks down in the film and says that her father never pays any attention to her except when she's got herself in trouble and she says that she doesn't want to end up like her parents.
- Adults Are Useless: The kids stop in a small town where nearly every resident belongs to the cult. And the sheriff is an asshole.
- Asshole Victim: Subverted pretty uniquely for a standard slasher film; Eric and Sam are the asshole couple for the majority of the film with Eric being the drug dealer on parole and Sam just being a Rich Bitch. Then once they're alone Sam admits she doesn't want to depend on her father for everything and Eric admits he wants to turn his life around. Then they get killed off.
- Badass: Eric, David and Susan.
- Bare Your Midriff: The women who get sacrificed by The Shadows.