"It's at moments like this where I realize the only reason we let Brad Dourif act is because we're afraid of what he'll do if he doesn't."
"The special guest tonight is Brother Edward, played by Brad Dourif, who you might remember from your nightmares."Bradford Claude "Brad" Dourif (/ˈdɔrɨf/; born March 18, 1950) is a BAFTA-winning, Academy Award-nominated American actor, voice artist and comedian who gained early fame for his portrayal of Billy Bibbit in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, and has since appeared in a number of memorable roles. He is best known for portraying Charles Lee Ray / Chucky (both live-action and voiceover) in the Child's Play franchise, Deputy Clinton Pell in Mississippi Burning, Younger Brother in Ragtime, Piter De Vries in David Lynch's Dune, Gríma Wormtongue in The Lord of the Rings trilogy and Doc Cochran in Deadwood.Dourif is an institution of horror, sci-fi and fantasy genre, to the point where he has even been cast as a Red Herring for the real villain on shows due to his status as a legend of genre.
- 1975 One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest as Billy Bibbit
- 1979 Wise Blood as Hazel Motes
- 1980 Heaven's Gate as Mr. Eggleston
- 1984 Dune as The Mentat Piter De Vries
- 1986 Blue Velvet as Raymond
- 1988 Child's Play as Charles Lee Ray/Chucky
- 1988 Mississippi Burning as Deputy Clinton Pell
- 1990 The Exorcist III as James Venamun
- 1990 Spontaneous Combustion as David/Sam Bell
- 1991 Jungle Fever as Leslie
- 1994 Color of Night as Clark
- 1997 Alien: Resurrection as Dr. Gediman
- 1998 Urban Legend as Michael McDonnell, gas station attendant
- 2000 The Prophecy 3: The Ascent as zealot
- 2002 Lord of the Rings as Gríma Wormtongue
- 2007 Halloween as Sheriff Lee Brackett
- 2009 The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans as Ned Schoenholtz
- 2011 Priest as Salesman
- 1994 The X-Files as Luther Lee Boggs
- 1995 Babylon 5 as Brother Edward
- 1996 Star Trek: Voyager as Lon Suder
- 1997 Millennium as Dennis Hoffman
- 2004 Deadwood as Dr. Amos 'Doc' Cochran
- 2011 Once Upon a Time as Old Beggar / Zoso the Dark One
- 2011 Fringe as Moreau
- 2011 "Psych" as Bernie Bethel
- 2014 Agents of SHIELD as Thomas Nash
Video Game Role
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: In interviews, he generally comes off as kind and laidback, whereas onscreen, he's known for playing villains and eccentrics.
- Nightmare Fuel: He's practically made a career out of being this.
- Production Posse: He's worked very often with Werner Herzog and has worked ocassionally with David Lynch.
- Star-Making Role: He may have gotten acclaim for his turn as Billy Bibbit, but he was thrust into the public consiousness as Chucky.