Billy Coore is a YouTube
user who loves nostalgia and his childhood, especially in two particular areas:
- Carolina Circle Mall, a shopping center he frequented when he was young (the first reason for creating his account); and
- Old Windows 95 computers, especially Packard Bell computers, as his first computer was a Packard Bell Legend 822CDT.
He has also made videos of an old car, a 1995 Honda Accord LX sedan. It was his parents' car originally, but they gave it to him after they bought a new car.
All of his videos can be found here
. Official Facebook page here
On May 20, 2012, Billy announced that because he was having a problem with trolls, he would be leaving YouTube. On May 22, 2012, he announced that he would be staying.
He co-created the website Packard Bell Planet
with some friends of his.
Billy's videos provide examples of:
- Buffy Speak:
- His Packard Bell Legend 814CD has a "something-something-speed" CD-ROM drive.
- He used to call one of his old games "the purple game" because it had a purple cover.
- Catch Phrase: "Hello, this is Billy Coore from homeofcarolinacirclemall.com / Carolina Circle City / carolinacirclemall.org / the Carolina Circle Mall Wiki..."
- And at the end of his videos, "This is Billy Coore, signing off on [date he's recording the video]."
- "Didn't know I could make that noise."
- Comically Missing the Point: In his overview of the Packard Bell Legend 3540, he opens by showing the computer with a stuffed Kermit the Frog toy. He says "Wait a minute. Something's not right here. Something is obviously not right here... I forgot to take this floppy out of this Packard Bell!" He does... and knocks the Kermit toy off of the computer in the process.
- Corpsing: He bursts into laughter several times in this video.
- Deadpan Snarker: Billy is starting to show shades of this.
- Don't Ask: Says this after typing "Merry Christmas! Don't put a fruitcake in your Packard Bell's floppy drive!!!!" in the Legend 814CD overview.
- Early-Installment Weirdness: It can be a bit awkward to watch his oldest videos centering around computers. His first Packard Bell video was much less in-depth than his others and it wasn't recorded with an HD camera.
- Failed a Spot Check: In his Legend 818 CDT unboxing video, when he prepares to turn the computer on, he realizes he forgot to plug it in.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: Played straight; the closest he has come to swearing in his videos is saying "crap".
- Mood Whiplash: He experiences one in his Packard Bell Platinum 2240 overview, playing Skyroads Christmas Special.
- Nostalgia Filter: What most of his videos run on.
- Offer Void In Nebraska: He jokes about this when he notices the $99 Microsoft Works upgrade offer in his Gateway ML3109 Laptop review.
- Running Gag:
- Sarcasm Mode: "Oh my gosh, my life is complete! I now know what to do with Navigator's Info Guide! WOW!"
- Self-Deprecation: "I'm not a very good gamer, am I?" from his second Dell Dimension 2350 video.
- Usually subverted: "I really need to get a life... not!"
- Shout-Out: In his early videos, he gives many to his friends.
- In the unboxing of his Legend 818CDT, he makes the "fra-gi-le" joke from A Christmas Story.
- Take That:
- In one of his videos, he plays through the Living Books version of The Tortoise and the Hare. At one point, the Hare flushes a toilet; Billy says, "Must've eaten at Taco Bell last night!"
- Later versions of Packard Bell Navigator included a version of Kidspace for older kids called Myspace. When he goes over it for the first time in his PB2990 review, he remarks "Not to Be Confused with that social network I hate with a passion."
- Tonka Tough: When he first got out his Legend 822CDT, he accidentally knocked it off the desk onto an HP power supply. The supply was completely smashed, but the computer got a tiny, easily reparable chip in it with no other damage.