Anthony Mackie (born September 23, 1978) is an American actor who made his debut in Eminem's 8 Mile. In 2014, he joined the Marvel Cinematic Universe as Sam Wilson / Falcon, making his first appearance in Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
His films include:
- 8 Mile (2002)
- Million Dollar Baby (2005)
- Eagle Eye (2008)
- The Hurt Locker (2009)
- The Adjustment Bureau (2011)
- Real Steel (2011)
- Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (2012)
- Gangster Squad (2013)
- Pain and Gain (2013)
- Playing It Cool (2014)
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (2014 — present) as Sam Wilson / The Falcon:
He provides examples of:
- The Big Easy: He is a very, very, very, vocally proud native of New Orleans.
- Catch-Phrase: Going by the extra features of the Winter Soldier Blu-Ray, he's fond of saying "Cut the check!" (In the sense of "Good job, guys; we earned our pay today.")
- Keet: Just watch him playing superhero charades.
- Promoted Fanboy: He's such a big fan of The Falcon that he was actually disappointed when he found out the filmmakers weren't going to have him wear the red spandex costume the character wears in the comics.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: Plays up a rivalry with Tom Holland, due to the younger actor stealing his Catch-Phrase on set of Civil War. Consider this montage of him (and Sebastian Stan) roasting Holland.
- So My Kids Can Watch: He claims he pursued the role of The Falcon in the Marvel Cinematic Universe so that his son and other African-American children can see that there are superheroes who look like them. Mackie was pretty excited to see there'd be kids dressing up like him on Halloween.
- Those Two Actors: He's starred alongside Chris Evans in What's Your Number?, A Many Splintered Thing, Playing It Cool, and in multiple Marvel films.
- Token Minority: Mackie himself has joked that he often ends up playing the lone African American character in many of his films.