Anna Kay Faris is an American comic actress born November 29, 1976. She might be best known for playing the lead in the Scary Movie films. A natural blonde, she had to dye her hair black for the role to give her a more Neve Campbell look.Mostly a face actress in comedies like The House Bunny, Just Friends and The Dictator but has recently done a couple of voice acting gigs - Sam Sparks in Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and Jeanette in Alvin And The Chipmunks: The Squeakquel and Chipwrecked.Won the "Stoner of the Year" award at High Times magazine's Stony Awards, in Los Angeles, on October 13, 2007, for her role in Smiley Face.She currently stars in the CBS sitcom Mom and hosts a podcast called Anna Faris Is Unqualified.She was married to Chris Pratt before they mutually decided to file for separation. Also her first name is actually pronounced "Onna".
This actress provides examples of:
- Amusing Injuries: Many of her roles.
- Braces of Orthodontic Overkill: She's told the story of being stuck in headgear for most of her adolscence, which motivated her to be funny since traditional popularity wasn't an option.
- Chubby Chaser: Has admitted that she likes it when her husband Chris Pratt is chubby.
- Cute Clumsy Girl
- Dumb Blonde / Brainless Beauty / The Ditz: Certainly not an airhead in real life, but easily two-thirds of her roles have her playing one of these.
- She plays a sort of parody of her characters in Lost in Translation.
- Subverted in Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs, where her character Sam actually is very smart but pretends to be airheaded because peers would tease her.
- It Is Pronounced "Tro-PAY": Prefers her name be pronounced 'Ah-na'.
- Ms. Fanservice: In some of her roles, but especially The House Bunny, where she plays a Playboy Bunny and even has a nude scene from behind, showing off her fit body and her great ass.
- She Really Can Act: Tends to get this reaction whenever she appears in a non-slapstick film, particularly her cameo in Brokeback Mountain and her recurring role as herself in Entourage.
- Slapstick Knows No Gender