(born March 29, 1961) is an actress and comedian, best known as Jerri Blank on the cult TV series Strangers with Candy
. She has also written a book called I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence
She is the younger sister of the humorist and This American Life
contributor David Sedaris
This actress provides examples of:
- Beauty Inversion: Sedaris wanted to avert Hollywood Homely for her character in Strangers With Candy, so she made the character into The Grotesque.
- Irony: She is currently appearing in a TV advert for a washing machine additive, and is dressed as the perfect Stepford Wife in fifties clothes and hairdo. It is obvious she's exaggerating the stereotype for laughs; and the pose becomes hilarious when you discover she is also Jeri Blank...
- Older Than They Look
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: She stands at only five feet tall.
- Real Women Don't Wear Dresses: Averted- Even though she's one of the best living arguments against the whole "Women can't be funny or strong" claim, she's often seen dressed like a Fairy Princess Homemaker.
- Refuge in Audacity: If you've seen her show, you know what we're talking about.
- Sesame Street Cred