Kyra Minturn Sedgwick (born 1965) is an American actress. She hails from Upper Manhattan's socialite circles - her cousin is Edie Sedgwick, who inspired "Like A Rolling Stone" and "All Tomorrow's Parties".She is best known as Georgia-born, CIA-trained Brenda Leigh Johnson, Chief of the LAPD's Major Crimes Division, on TNT's crime drama The Closer. She has been Emmy-nominated six times for the role - finally winning in 2010 - and won a Golden Globe in 2007.She has been married to Footloose star Kevin Bacon since 1988 and has two children, Travis and Sosie. On Discovering Your Roots, she and Bacon were discovered to be (distant) cousins.
- Blue Blood: About as blue as it gets.
- Creator Couple: Her husband Kevin Bacon has directed several episodes of The Closer, and she was an executive producer on one of his films.
- Fake Southern: She hails from Manhattan. Brenda hails from Georgia.
- Real-Life Relative: She's co-starred with Kevin Bacon four times. Their daughter Sosie played Brenda's niece Charlene during Season 4 of The Closer.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: Once upon a time, Kyra met a woman named Mary McDonnell and hit it off with her in spectacular fashion. The two decided they absolutely had to work together, and so a character called Sharon Raydor, Internal Affairs cop and annoyance extraordinaire, joined The Closer. Three years later, when Kyra took her last bow as Brenda Leigh Johnson, she passed the reins of the Major Crimes Division to... Mary McDonnell.