Comic Book: World Of Warcraft Comic
The World of Warcraft Comic
is a Comic Book
series set in Blizzard Entertainment
universe and released monthly in a standard western comic format. The World of Warcraft comic is set to run for twenty-five issues (October, 2007-January, 2010) and chronicles the adventures of Lo'gosh the amnesiac gladiator as he rises up and discovers his true identity. The comic is published by Wildstorm and written by Walter Simonson with Louise Simonson.
As of December 2009, the old crew of the comic was completely replaced and the comic split into 2 different series: World Of Warcraft: Alliance
and World Of Warcraft: Horde
It is a major part of the Warcraft Expanded Universe
. In fact, many plot points are brought into the game by way of patches.
This comic book series provides examples of the following:
- All There in the Manual: A lot of King Varian's character development is in the comic book instead of the game, which leads to complaints from the fans who don't buy it.
- The reverse is also true from those who don't play WOW but read the comic.
- Amnesiac Dissonance: Rough and tumble Lo'gosh is actually The noble King Varian of Stormwind.
- Badass: All three of our protagonists.
- Badass Normal: Both King Varian of Stormwind and Lo'gosh are able to kick ass in a world of ridiculously powerful wizards and demons. Which is understandable since they are the same man.
- Bold Inflation: Lots and lots.
- Bus Crash: Aegwynn, from the viewpoint of World of Warcraft fans who have wondered about her whereabouts but didn't read the comic.
- Cool Sword: The weapons of Lo'Gosh and Varian.
- Determinator: King Varian.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Valeera Sanguinar's struggle with Fel magic is meant to be a nod to heroin addiction.
- Evil Chancellor: Lady Prestor is actually Onyxia the Black Dragon.
- Fantastic Racism: King Varian of Stormwind HATES orcs. To a lesser extent, everyone hates Blood Elves too.
- Gladiator Games
- Gladiator Revolt: Lo'gosh wants to do this but the problem is the "Evil Overlord" is Thrall who is a good guy.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Varian' scars.
- Implacable Man: King Varian. Lo'gosh.
- Knife Nut: Valeera.
- Large Ham: Dear God, everyone. The speech of most people in this comic is Punctuated! For! Emphasis!
- Ms Fan Service: Valeera Sanguinar, Jaina Proudmoore, Garona.
- Meaningful Name: Valeera Sanguinar is a Blood Elf.
- The Obi-Wan: Broll Bearmantle is wise, noble, and the guy who generally coaxes both Lo'gosh and Valeera to greatness.
- Power Trio: Varian, Broll and Valeera. Also Thrall, Rehgar and Garrosh.
- Put on a Bus: Broll, headed to Teldrassil off-screen.
- Red Right Hand: The non-evil Broll Bearmantle sports a pair of antlers that everyone just shrugs off. Then again, it IS Azeroth. They've probably seen weirder sights.
- With druids being rather rare, they've probably shrugged it off as a sign of his druidic powers. Which is the case, although only a few druids are known to have done so, such as Furion Stormrage.
- Rightful King Returns: One of the storylines.
- Re Tool: The comic is being split into 2 different series, each of which will have a completely new creative team. Hopefully they'll do a better job.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: King Varian, the Warrior King.
- Save The Prince
- Scaled Up: Lady Prestor.
- Stripperiffic: ...Just about every female character, especially Valeera.