Comic Book: Magic: The Gathering (IDW)
An ongoing comic series based on Magic: The Gathering following the planeswalker Dack Fayden, greatest thief in the multiverse, in his quest to find and kill the evil planeswalker Sifa Grent and avenge the destruction of his village.
Tropes in this series:
- Ambiguous Gender: Ashiok. Rather infamously, Dack refers to Ashiok as male – Word of God had to step in and clarify that this is just Dack’s perspective.
- Arabian Nights Days: The briefly visited plane of Alkabah.
- The Cameo: Dack’s story occasionally crosses over with that of characters from other storylines. So far, Sorin Markov and Malfegor have made appearances.
- Cut Short / Schedule Slip: The most recent issue came out in february 2014 and ended with a massive cliffhanger. Since then, no announcements about the future of the series have been made.
- Doomed Hometown: Drakeston, where Dack comes from.
- Nightmare Sequence: When Dack falls under the influence of Ashiok on Theros.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: This is the central theme of the first three miniseries.
- The Underworld: The final volume of the Theros miniseries end with Dack about to enter Nyx, Theros’ underworld.