Comic Book / Captain Alcohol
Captain Alcohol is an obscure Canadian superhero comic. It was created by the Canadian government to discourage alcohol use in the North West Territory. It lasted four issues. In the actual story, Captain Alcohol is an alien from the planet Barkelda. However when piloting a space ship, he crashed on Earth (specifically the North West Territory). He decided to become a superhero, but finds his alcoholism is interfering with his heroic acts. Needs Wiki Magic Love
Provides examples of:
- Addiction-Powered: Averted. Getting drunk hinders his abilities.
- The Alcoholic: Captain Alcohol, Al's dad and Billy Vermin
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Flush Fantom has greenish skin, which is never commented on.
- Blatant Lies: Captain Alcohol claimed to be a teetotaller despite using every possible opportunity to get drunk.
- Captain Ersatz: Lois Alley is blatantly based on Lois Lane.
- Damsel in Distress: Lois Alley becomes this when Billy Vermin kidnapped her.
- Death by Origin Story: Al accidentally killed his family minus his dad by starting a fire. He becomes an astronaut to distract him from his guilt.
- Forgot About His Powers: The first issue explains Al has Super Strength due to Earth's lighter gravity. Aside from one use in the first issue, this powers is never used or mentioned again.
- Gang of Hats: The Ravenmen seem to this. They all wear identical bird-themed costumes.
- Generic Doomsday Villain: All of the villains have little to no personality.
- Jekyll & Hyde: Somehow Al's dad's alcoholism transforms him into the villainous Firey Fritz.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: Firey Fritz is actually Al's dad that broke into a space ship and ended up on Earth.
- My Nayme Is: Firey Fritz' name always spells "Fiery" as "Firey". Similarly, Flush Fantom spells "Phantom" as "Fantom".
- No Name Given: Al's father is never referred to by his actual name.
- Pet the Dog: Billy saving Al in the first issue.
- Planet of Hats: All we know about Barkelda is that there are no laws to control alcohol use.
- Police Are Useless: Averted as the Mounties stop Billy Vermin not Captain Alcohol
- Pyro Maniac: Firey Fritz is seen burning down a building for seemly no reason.
- Steven Ulysses Perhero: Captain Alcohol's real name is Al Cohol.
- Thematic Rogues Gallery: With the exception of the Ravenmen, all of his villains are alcohol-related. For example, Billy Vermin is addicted to alcohol and the Captain's dad turns into Firey Fritz when he cannot fight the urge to drink.
- Rogues Gallery: Billy Vermin, Firey Fritz and Ravenmen