For those not in a gang.
Jet the Buizel
Jet is a Pokémon who has been living on his own for quite a while and who gets involved in a myriad of events by virtue of meeting a particular Sneasel.
- Cuteness Proximity: Suffers this effect when Plug is around.
- Game-Breaking Injury: Suffers one with heavy blood loss when fighting the Drillbur Quirky Miniboss Squad, forcing all his teammates, including Eltenios and Sluggard at that point, to step forward and barely make it.
- Making a Splash: via Aqua Jet.
- Razor Wind: a predominant part of his tactical arsenal.
- The Un-Reveal: that "secret" house? Everyone seem to know where it is located.
- Will They or Won't They?: With Kori the Weavile.
- You Can Barely Stand: Manages to avoid this at the last
turnmoments in his fight with Breloom.
LickitungKnown more commonly as the "Tongue of Arceus" and the second strongest Pokemon in the city, after Absol. Fights using Tongue Fu.
- Lethal Joke Character: You wouldn't think something that fights by using its tongue as an appendage would kick so much ass.
A dragon who patrols the skies of The City. Unlike the others of his kind, Tatsu is a very calm-minded Pokemon and will look before leaping. He is very loyal to his justice and is self-sacrificing when there is injustice done to innocents.
- Dark is Not Evil: so far he mostly goes around dishing beatdowns to those who oppress other peoplemons in The City.
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Dragons
- Multiple Head Case: and they reference their 'dex entry about them having had to fight each other for food.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: This to the entire City.
A Joltik who is very fun-loving and rather innocent. He's 2 months old and is capable of surviving on his own. He is most often seen trying his best at whatever it is he does.
- Catch Phrase: "Hey Guys!"
- Cool Car: Made from an 8-oz. bottle, 2 toothpicks and 4 Rare Candies.
- Cuteness Proximity: Triggers this from Jet when he's finally seen by a group of the main characters.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: The smallest character thus far. Given his species, it's no surprise.
- Shock and Awe: Possesses the move Electroball, but doesn't know it.
- Stealth Hi/Bye: Many of his appearance turn up as this.
Eltenios the Arcanine♂A Pokémon who dedicates himself to do errands, moving stuff from here to there, anywhere across The City so long as it means he has to run.
- Continuity Cameo: two. He's the same Arcanine of "Playfield". He later gets an expy (or an actual cameo?) as Blue's temporary Arcanine in We Are All Pokémon Trainers.
- Curiosity Killed the Cast: or the dog. He just couldn't take it his current employer was "indisposed". Luckily he was left to live.
- Kill It with Fire: His only available Fire-type attack is Heat Wave.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Suffers one from the Blades when he tries to attack them due to their killing of the Thorn Gang's leader, then gets tossed into a box of bubble wrap.
For those characters in the Flame Gang.
The Surf Gang
- Fantastic Racism: Averted. There are no limits on typing or moveset when joining the Surf Gang.
- Surfer Dude: The majority of members talk like this, due to the potential application process.
- Undersea Base: The gang's HQ. Used to be a lab dedicated to various inhumane experiments. Now a giant housing facility/gym with a buffet table open on the weekends.
Sluggard the Slowbro
Leader of the Surf Gang by virtue of being the best surfer, despite not knowing the HM. Maintains the position because he can kick the ass of anyone in the gang and refuses to do so until they get too far out of line.
- Hell-Bent for Leather: Wears a leather jacket he stole from a human biker.
For those in the Surf Gang.
Lux the LuxrayLeader of the Volt Gang.
- Ambition Is Evil: More will be revealed.
Sparks the Pichu
A rather uppity and happy Pichu, rather laidback about the world around him and curious. This all changes when the Volt gang comes knocking and he gets pulled into the gang, somehow becoming the future leader of the Electric-types.
- The Chick
- Badass Adorable: Because he has some of the most powerful moves in the group, whilst being The Chick.
- Shock and Awe: His power over electricity of course!
- Cute Bruiser: See Badass Adorable.
Em the Emolga
Ghost Gang/Boo Brigade/Spook Squad