Characters: Wizards Vs Muggles
open/close all folders
Members of the Ministry's crack special situations team; appearing in no particular order...
- "Lita is Psychic Wizard Stalin."Rena The Archmage.
- Action Girl
- Badass Bookworm
- Beware the Nice Ones: Has the strength to cast a Fiendfyre, and the skill to control it for eight minutes while nearly starved, tired, and suffering mild withdrawal symptoms.
- Break the Cutie.
- Brainy Brunette: Pleny Os in her OW Ls, and would have had them in her NEW Ts if it wasn't for the war...
- Can't Get Away with Nuthin' : Got a great deal of detentions at school, got shot when trying to distract a thug with a gun, got attacked when shooting a fireball at the enemies...
- Animals Hate Her: Got attacked by a guard goose when she visited Jack Gordon Ball's farm.
- Cute Bruiser: Broke a nose no problem.
- Cultured Badass
- Cunning Linguist: Downplayed, has shown to have a talent for languages, and speaks English and Spanish fluently as well as a little of most Romance Languages. Being one of a few polyglots means it is far less noteworthy than the trope would imply.
- Doesn't Like Guns: Has pointed out a distaste for them often.
- Emotional Powers.
- Eloquent In My Native Tongue: When she began Hogwarts.
- Functional Addict: At times.
- Gratuitous Spanish: Often.
- Good Is Not Dumb: So she might be a little idealistic, but the girl managed a patronus wandlessly during her kidnapping, she's not an idiot.
- Good Parents
- Got Volunteered
- Kill It with Fire: Main strategy against the heartless.
- Little Miss Badass
- Motor Mouth
- Noodle Incident: In a hat! With a turkey!
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse.
- Plucky Girl.
- Power Incontinence: As of after Romania, her wandless patronus tied her magic closer to raw emotions. That coupled with the stress and crap she went through is making her magic harder to control and more likely to have strong violent outbursts. Lita is scared she'll end up like Ariana Dumbledore because of this.
- Reckless Pacifist: She's gained some shades of this after the Fiendfyre.
- The Woobie: Or the Butt Monkey.
- Think Happy Thoughts: When kidnapped.
- Street Musician: And got paid!!!
- Silly Rabbit, Idealism Is for Kids!
- Teens Are Short
- The Nondescript: A played-down version, Lita is not really described as being nondescript per-se... but she has brown hair, and is the only currently active character with boring brown eyes. She's of relatively mixed heritage because of being Spanish, meaning her melanin levels can vary a lot, also providing her with the ability to look vaguely Caucasian instead of very notably one race, and could probably pull off passing for a number of fake nationalities. Lita is shorter than most other characters— but that's because most other characters are described as being relatively tall, and she usually slouches. She's actually average sized for a Spanish girl. Lita is not ugly, yet she's not particularly pretty, and she's of average build. Her behaviour and personality, as well as her youth, are the most notable things about her, and those can easily be disguised. This would be very good if she'd WANTED to be a spy. She looks like some 85% of the female population in most Spanish-speaking countries.
Czesława SzymańskaPlayed by Hotel Kilo, character profile can be found here.
- Eloquent In My Native Tongue
- Genius Bruiser: See below.
- Hidden Depths: So far her team mates know her as an angry drunk with a large shotgun. She has a doctorate in Comparative Literature, a Masters in Polish Literature, and several medals for bravery as a police officer. Presumably Karla is aware of this.
- Hulk Speak: In English, the worst of her languages
- Iron Woobie
- Knight in Sour Armor
- Old-Fashioned Copper: Implied in her previous job as a police officer.
- Omniglot: German, Polish, Russian, and English. Justified since she needs most of them to speak to her family.
- Running Gag: every time her oversized shotgun (scavenged from the body of a Romanian commando) is brought up, the GM reaches for a drink.
- Smoking Is Cool
- Taking the Knife: Played with; at one point she was surprise stabbed when intervening in what turned out to be a kidnapping.
- Trickster Mentor: background materials reveal that she was friends with an old man named Markus Wolf when she was young. Yes, that Markus Wolf.
Grace-Ann MayPlayed by Windee, Profile can be found here.
- Action Girl: Presumed, we haven't seen her in action yet.
- Gun Nut
- Winged Humanoid: Can shape-shift into this.
Jacob Jones (JJ)
Played by Namuri; character profile can be found here.
- Badass Longcoat: Has a black trench coat that he wears as much as possible for this specific reason.
- Faking the Dead: His great great grandmother, and the magical relative from which he gets his powers did this about fifty years ago so as not to arouse suspicion among her muggle family.
- Genre Savvy: Wears a kevlar vest and has a gun, just in case magic isn't enough.
- Hard Work Hardly Works: Averted, it's only through working hard that JJ was able to become an Auror.
- Older Than They Look: His boyish face and huge amount of freckles, as well as general demeanor, make him seem a few years younger than he actually is.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: It's JJ, not Jacob or Jake or anything like that. Just JJ.
- Training from Hell: Auror training was this
- Tranquil Fury: Would be this, if it ever came down to it.
- True Companions: What he automatically thinks all his teammates will be.
OCCULUS (Muggle) Characters
The muggle counterpart to Black Magic, an affiliate unit of Rainbow Six; appearing in no particular order...
Warren PeacePlayed by Kino, character profile here.
James DamonPlayed by Deadbeatloser22, character profile can be found here.
- Cold Sniper: Or at least called one at one point.
Alex FieldsPlayed by Firock Finion, character profile here.
Arthur ClarkPlayed by Wysp; character profile can be found here.
- Guile Hero
- Honesty Is the Best Policy
- Master of Disguise: Face that's not his own; etc, etc
- The Social Expert
- Tuxedo and Martini: Averted/Subverted.
- Vague Age.
Played by Namuri; character profile can be found here.
Non Player Characters Controlled by the GM Sabre's Edge
- Ascended Extra: word of GM is that "Karla" was intended to be a nom de guerre adopted by an existing character as a nod to The Quest for Karla, until it was recognized that it wouldn't work and she took on the role for herself.
- The Chessmaster: a near-job requirement for her job, namely, the head of one of the Ministry of Magic's intelligence apparatuses.
- The Faceless/Master of Disguise: a variation. It is stated that she usually goes around under the disguise of Polyjuice, and her true appearance has not been seen.
- The Handler
- Iron Lady
- Lady of War
- Not So Stoic: Karla's slipped out of her dry, sardonic tone very few times.
- Only One Name: that we know of, so far.
- The Handler
- Voice with an Internet Connection: for the McMurdosford run, where he supervised the exercise from the airbase.
- Shout-Out: Tom Clancy fans may recognize the original Ritter, who like this iteration apparently had something to do with a mole in Hungarian intelligence.
- GMPC: to some extent. GM's stated intent is for him to avoid stealing the spotlight as much as possible, with the players in the lead role and Price as a supporting character whenever possible.
- Hand Wave: due to Early Installment Weirdness, Price's appearance was credited to mysterious offscreen forces. Players are asked not to inquire further.
Arkady Ivanovich Serov/Arkady RenkoOriginally-planned character of Sabre's Edge; character profile here. Re-purposed as an NPC after his player took up GM duties.
- Fauxreigner/Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: he got away with pretending to be Russian, until Price (who had actually been around Russians) remarked that his accent was worse than Sean Connery's.
- Mythology Gag: to some extent.
Miss Lisa Peace
Norwood "Nobby" Flint
Inactive P Cs