Characters: Tales of the Gold Monkey
Jake Cutter (Stephen Collins)
- Ace Pilot
- Berserk Button: Hurting Corky.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome
- Daddy Issues: His father was not married to his mother and has never acknowledged him.
- Failure Is the Only Option: Never gets a hold of Jack's eye for very long.
- Guile Hero
- Knight in Shining Armor: Becoming one was his childhood ambition; largely for the Damsels in Distress.
- Nice Hat
- Secret Keeper: Only person on the island who knows Sarah's a spy.
Sarah Stickney White (Cailtin O'Heaney)
- Action Girl
- The Chanteuse: Her cover.
- Damsel out of Distress
- Disney Death: In "The Late Sarah White"
- Femme Fatale Spy: Spy for Uncle Sam
- Fiery Redhead
- Woman in White
- You Killed My Father: Her father was an Adventurer Archaeologist murdered by Anubus worshipers.
Corky (Jeff MacKay)
- The Alcoholic
- Bumbling Sidekick
- Book Dumb
- Mr. Fixit
- Non-Action Guy
- One of Us: In-universe: Seen reading Action Comics in one episode.
- Small Reference Pools: Thinks the Riddle of the Sphinx is from The Burns And Allen Show.
- Sweet Tooth: Likes chocolate.
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: In "Naka Jima Kill" the woman he's smitten with turns out to be a very male assassin.
Princess Koji (Marta DuBois)
- Big Bad
- Dragon Lady
- Everything's Better with Princesses
- Lady of War
- Noble Demon
- Training from Hell: Makes her personal warriors go through it.
- Villainesses Want Heroes
Rev. Willie Tenboom (John Calvin)
- Anti-Villain: A German first, and a Nazi...not at all.
- Becoming the Mask: Shows signs of this.
- Chivalrous Pervert
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: Doesn't take his duties to the Reich very seriously....
- Really Gets Around: ...the fact that he has so many "blessings" to give to the native girls may have something to do with it.
- Punch Clock Villain
Bon Chance Louie (Ron Moody/Roddy McDowell)
- Born Lucky: Saved from execution with the guillotine blade wouldn't drop.
- The Casanova
- Cheese-Eating Surrender Monkeys: Averted; one of the most Badass characters on the show.
- A Day In The Spot Light: "Last Chance Louie."
- Camp Straight:
- French Jerk: Averted, one of the nicest characters on the island. Of course Beware the Nice Ones
- Mysterious Past: And how!
- The Other Marty
- Papa Wolf: Willingly sends himself to the guillotine to protect his illegitimate daughter.
Todo (John Fujioka)
- Axe Crazy
- Bad Boss: Decapitates an oarsman for rowing too slowly.
- The Dragon: To Koji
- Enemy Mine: With Jake in "Naka Jima Kill" against the Japanese Defense Minister's would-be assassin.
- Everything's Better with Samurai
- Satellite Character
Jack the Dog (Leo)
- Evil-Detecting Dog
- Grumpy Old Man: From the Universe Bible: "think of Jack as an eighty-year old man who's seen enough of the world and ridiculous things people insist on doing to pretty much know what's coming next..."
- Intellectual Animal: One bark for yes, two for no. (Most of the time).
- Security Blanket: His eye.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Never lets Jake off the hook for (repeatedly!) loosing his eye.