Characters: Snake's Revenge
Since this Solid Snake is in an Alternate Continuity
, tropes that only apply to this version should be put here.
For other characters in the franchise, see the Metal Gear
character index at Characters.Metal Gear
Lt. Solid Snake
- Field Promotion: Unlike in the canonical sequels, Solid Snake stayed on FOXHOUND, and was apparently promoted to Lieutenant for his actions in Outer Heaven.
- Heroic Mime
- Knife Nut
- Sleeves Are for Wimps: The character sprite (both in overhead and side-view segments) depict Snake wearing a tank top.
- Black Dude Dies First: He is the only one of Snake's two allies who is confirmed dead by the end of the game (John's fate is left ambiguous)
- Token Minority: The only black guy among the FOX HOUND team deployed to Operation 747.
- Trojan Prisoner: He allows himself to be captured in order to lessen security on the base enough for Snake to infiltrate. Unfortunately, he ends up being replaced with an imposter shortly thereafter.
- "What Now?" Ending: He is kidnapped by the enemy early in the mission and replaced by an imposter who tries to gain Snake's trust. Whether the real John died or is being kept prisoner somewhere else is left uncertain.
- No Name Given: The only one of Snake's radio contacts who is never named.