YMMV: Snake's Revenge
- Broken Base/Contested Sequel: Oh dear.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The game's title is pretty nonsensical in the context of the game's plot. Snake's Revenge? What does Snake want revenge for? It's Big Boss who wants revenge. But then Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater came along and revealed that not only Snake is a clone of Big Boss, but Big Boss' original codename was actually Snake as well. It also features Big Boss/Snake using a knife, something that had only happened in this installment.
- And now comes Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, which is about Snake (Big Boss) getting revenge on Cipher for sabotaging the development of Metal Gear ZEKE and destroying his headquarters Mother Base. To top off, Big Boss becomes a partial cyborg in this one, having his left arm amputated and replaced with a prosthetic.
- Narm: It falls somewhere between Reverse Funny Aneurysm and Crowning Moment of Awesome, but the final boss is Big Boss who, upon defeat, transforms into an invincible giant purple robot and chases Snake down the halls breathing fire. Anything we could put here would completely fail to describe how this actually feels to play.
- Nick's death is a fairly dramatic moment, but it's spoiled by miscolouring one pixel on his heaving back. As a result, instead of appearing to pant out his last words, he appears to have a long, firm sausage-shaped object on his back that jiggles up and down like a wagged finger.