open/close all folders
The Player Character
The Player Character/The Patient
- An Axe to Grind: The first weapon the player gets in either games, and a very reliable one at that.
- Ax-Crazy: Very possibly so in the sequel, seeing how much he has gone through in the first game, only to end up getting mind-raped again.
- Bad Ass: He went through a mansion and an abandoned hospital filled with zombies and other paranormal activities while being constantly mind-raped and haunted by a ghost, and somehow still managed to come out alive.
- Featureless Protagonist: No details about him is known.
- Implacable Man: Survived two zombie assaults, numerous mind-rapes, large explosions, fire hazards and more.
- Heroic Mime: Never speaks or even make a sound.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Turns out near the end that turning off the radio equippments allowed The Core to influence a greater distance, consequentially results in the death of the SWAT squad, their evac chopper, and his one chance of getting out of here.
- No Name Given: Referred to simply as "the Patient" by the SWAT guys.
- Player Character: The only one in the series so far.
- Unwitting Pawn: Romero and Emily are bothing using him, the former to further his experiments, and the latter to get revenge on the former.
- Your Mind Makes It Real: A lot of the zombies he fought are actually hallucations conjucted by either Emily or Romero.
The Stringy Haired Ghost Girl/Emily
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Expy: Of Alma.
- Good Is Not Nice: Yeah, she wants Romero dead and, yes, she's a good guy, but she will kill the player if he tries to leave before taking out Romero.
- Jump Scare: Does this very often.
- Psychic Powers: Capable of tossing people around the room, ripping open your stomach, and (possibly) inducing hallucinations.
- Stringy-Haired Ghost Girl: Not the typical kind.
- Walking Spoiler: Her backstory and motivations are not revealed until the end of the second game.
- Big Bad: Reveals himself to be this in the second game.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing
- Cruel and Unusual Death: The Ghost/Emily violently throws against walls like he's a ragdoll before ripping him into pieces.
- The Heavy: Neither of the games could have happened if he hadn't wronged Emily and created The Core.
- Faux Affably Evil
- For Science!: How he justifies most of his crimes, though he also strays in The Evils of Free Will territory.
- Four Eyes, Zero Soul
- Mad Scientist
- Manipulative Bastard: Tricks the player into increasing the power of The Core by having him destory the jamming signals that are in the hospital.
- However when he tries to talk Emily down he fails.
- Morally Ambiguous Doctorate
- Puzzle Boss
- Mission Control: Acts as this in the second game, telling the player where to go next in order to help him escape the hospital.
- Mission Control Is Off Its Meds: When the player starts to confront him he's turns into a Type I
- Smug Snake: Is extremely overconfident in his fight between him and the player
- The Sociopath: While he initially seems apologetic for his actions he eventually reveals in his boss fight that he couldn't care less about what he's done, and he even brags about killing the SWAT team.
- Treacherous Quest Giver
- Villainous Breakdown: Has one when the player starts destroying The Core
- Walking Spoiler