open/close all folders
The King of Altador, it is named after him.
- Founder of the Kingdom: He founded Altador.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: During The Faeries' Ruin, he arms himself and seeks to find out the cause of the faeries' petrification instead of staying behind in Altador.
- Start My Own: He came from a city ruled by the corrupt and set out to find a new city for his people to live in once he was old enough, only to find more cities ruled by the corrupt wherever he went. Eventually, he found a place he noted would be perfect for a city, and the rest is history.
- The Good King: King Altador rules a land that was among the most cherished in Neopia before its disappearance, and continues to be adored long after its rediscovery.
- The High King
The wise, knowledgeable king of Brightvale.
Lord of Darigan Citadel.
- Dark is Not Evil: He was just looking out for his own people.
- Hates Small Talk: If you visit his chambers just to say hi, he will shoo you out.
- Heel–Face Turn: He is described as "once evil".
- Disney Death: In the first war he fell to his apparent death, but was found and nursed to health by a child.
- Demonic Possession: He was possessed by The Three.
- Big Bad: Of the second war with Meridell.
- Blackmail: One of the many methods he used to get others to work for him.
- Mind-Control Eyes: His eyes turn green when he gets visions from the Three.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Ambition Is Evil: One of them is named Ambition.
- The Corrupter: They try to inspire the emotions they are named after until the person they corrupt is incapable of feeling anything else and they usually go for rulers.
- Fat Bastard: One of them is a Skeith.
- The Fair Folk: One of them is a Faerie.
- Greed: One of them is named Greed.
- The Man Behind the Man: To both Darigan and Kass.
- Revenge: One of them is named Revenge.
Queen of the Faeries.
- Arch-Enemy: Of Xandra.
- Badass in Charge: She has the power to back up her authority.
- The High Queen: She has been shown to be calm and reasonable, even when recovering from being encased in stone.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Or, in this case, purple.
- Nice Girl: She is said and shown to be extremely kind. And she's female.
- Really 700 Years Old: She is older than you can imagine, but looks like a young woman.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: She did a bit in the Xandra plot.
- The Stoic: See The High Queen.
- Arch-Enemy: To Illusen. She will ban you from her quests for 12 hours if you've already done one for Illusen.
- The Cynic
- Fetch Quest: She sends players to fetch items for her.
- It's All About Me: She thinks she is the best faerie.
- The Fair Folk: She's a faerie.
- Dark is Evil: She is evil and a dark faerie.
- Noodle Incident / Riddle for the Ages: Why is she enemies with Illusen?
- Nothing Is Scarier: The citizens of Neopia are terrified of her, not because of what she's done, but because of the fact that she hasn't actually done anything evil yet, which is very abnormal for a dark faerie as powerful as her.
- Pet the Dog: As nasty as she is, she will reward you handsomely for completing her quests. Whatever else Jhudora is, she's not a liar.
- The Rival: To Illusen.
- Sickly Green Glow: She is often surrounded by dark green smoke.
- Silly Rabbit, Idealism Is for Kids!: She says that the happy stuff Illusen does is silly and frivolous.
- Too Good to Be True: She promises "rewards beyond your wildest dreams".
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Dark purple with green streaks.
- You Have Failed Me: Her Neopedia article shows her doing...something...to a Kacheek who was five seconds late with her requested item.
Delina (also known as the Crafting Faerie)
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: (or purple)
- Mr. Fixit, or Miss
- Gadgeteer Genius: In her crafting.
- My Species Doth Protest Too Much: She's a Dark Faerie, but not evil.
- The Medic: She is the Healing Springs Faerie.
- Power Incontinence: she can only heal you once every thirty minutes.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: She is blond and heals Neopets for a living.
- Healing Spring (she works there)
- Light Haired Swimmer: Lives in a pool and has blonde hair.
- Water Is Blue (her pond is)
- Our Fairies are Different she has a mermaid tail.
- Nice Girl: She heals Neopets and is female.
- The Eeyore: When you're not on a quest and visit the Rainbow Pool, she'll be looking dejected and saying things like "Oh no, my beautiful magic is gone :("
- Fetch Quest: She sometimes sends you one these, but only if you're lucky.
- Skunk Stripe: She has an aqua stripe in her hair.
- Our Fairies are Different: Has a mermaid tail like all Water Faeries.
- Dark is Not Evil: She is a witch, who resides in the Haunted Woods and can be pretty creepy, but she's not evil.
- Eye of Newt: Her potion ingredients can be anything, from food to board games.
- Fetch Quest: She sometimes sends users on quests to fetch potion ingredients.
- Power Incontinence: Apparently she accidentally turned some Feepits into Feepit Pie once.
Sophie the Swamp Witch.
- Broken Bird: Her grumpy personality likely stems from the fact that as a little girl she was forced to flee into the woods after her brother unwittingly brought a curse upon their hometown that transformed its citizens into monsters. She lived in isolation and wasn't reunited with her family for years afterward.
- The Medic: She was the one who cured the Neovian Curse.
- The Stoic: She saw the skeleton of a deceased Acara, but stayed stoic.
- Nice Girl: She "would turn you into a petpetpet, but is too nice".
- Dark is Not Evil: She is a loner, lives in the Haunted Woods, and is, of course, a witch, but she is not evil. In fact she cured the Neovian Curse.
- Crazy Cat Lady: Downplayed. She's female and owns several Meowclopses, which are sort of like cats.
- Find the Cure: In the Tale of Woe plot she sought a mystical flower that cured the Neovian Curse.
- Solitary Sorceress: She is definitely this.
- Big Eater: He is always hungry.
- Fetch Quest: Users can fetch items to feed to him.
- Extreme Omnivore: He can eat anything.
A pirate's island
- The Captain: of the Black Pawkeet.
- The Leader: of his crew.
- The Hero: of the Curse of Maraqua plot.
- Disney Death: In the Curse of Maraqua plot, he is thrown overboard and presumed dead but comes back to life.
The moon of Neopia.
Home to the cities Sakhmet and Qasala
- Noble Wolf: Or Lupe, rather.
- Our Ghosts are Different: He's a fairly benevolent one that haunts an obelisk.
- Character Death: He died, but now he's a ghost.
- The High Queen: Of Sakhmet.
- Princesses Rule: She hasn't changed her title since inheriting the throne out of respect for her late father.
- King Incognito: When she wants to get away from all the palace intrigue.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Does her best to understand the lives of average citizens so she can be one.
- Decoy Protagonist: Looks like a (if not the) main character early on, but ends up doing nothing significant. The real leads were Nabile and Jazan.
- Street Urchin: As a child.
- Thieves' Guild: A member of a local one called the Desert Scarabs.
- May–December Romance: The May to Jazan's December.
- Royal Blood: The descendant of a princess Jazan once loved.
- The Smart Girl: To the Desert Scarabs.
- Street Urchin: As a child.
- Strong Family Resemblance: To a princess Jazan once loved.
- Thieves' Guild: A member of a local one called the Desert Scarabs.
- And Now You Must Marry Me: Attempts this by trapping Sakhmet in another dimension as he thinks marriage is a Curse Escape Clause.
- Curse Escape Clause: He thinks that marriage will free him and the city of Qasala from their curse, but it turns out not to be the case. Turns out it just brought Razul back and killing him was the real escape clause.
- May–December Romance: The December to Nabile's May due to having been undead for centuries.
- Really 700 Years Old: He's been cursed for a long time.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: In his undead form.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: He is carrying out his own investigation in the Faeries' Ruin plot.
- The Undead: Until Razul dies.
- Villainous Friendship: With Nightsteed.
- Hellish Horse: Just as undead as Jazan was.
- Mummy: Has the bandages of one.
- Really 700 Years Old: He's at least as old as Jazan.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- The Undead: Even after the curse was lifted. He's used to it by now, though.
- Villainous Friendship: With Jazan.
- Winged Unicorn: He's a Uni.
- Archnemesis Dad: To Jazan.
- Big Bad: Of the Lost Desert plot.
- Dem Bones: He's a fiery skeleton dressed in robes.
- Killed Off for Real: By Jazan.
- No Ontological Inertia: His death lifts the curse in Jazan and his city.
- Playing with Fire
- Sorcerous Overlord: He used to rule Qasala and was responsible for the curse in the first place.
- The Undead
- Adipose Rex: Like Skarl and Hagan, Kelpbeard is a pretty portly patriarch.
- Early Installment Weirdness: Back when Maraqua was first destroyed, King Kelpbeard looked much different, and was known as King Koi instead of his actual name.
- Adipose Rex
- Fat Bastard: Well, he did start a war with Darigan for their resources, and he is fat as all Skeiths are fat.
- Big Eater: He eats a lot on his lunch breaks.
- Disk One Final Boss: For all the players siding with Darigan. He had the stats to live up to it.
- Grumpy Old Man: He's elderly, male, and grumpy.
- The Cynic: It takes a lot of work to cheer him up.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He started the Darigan War, and is very grumpy, but is a fair king and didn't mean to start the war.
- Nice Girl: Gives Neopoints to the poor, makes plants grow, and provides shelter in times of war.
- The Quest: Sends players on quests
- Fetch Quest: To fetch objects.
- Nature Lover: She is an Earth Faerie, and is shown to enjoy nature.
- Nature Hero: Is a heroine as well as liking nature.
- Skunk Stripe: Her green strip in her hair.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Cream cookies.
- Disney Death: Apparently dies from falling off of the floating Darigan citadel in the second war. After the war ended, it turned out he'd been saved.
- Doomed Moral Victor: Implied to be his fate in the original timeline.
- Fish Out of Temporal Water: Originally the equivalent of a modern-day child.
- Going Native: But growing up in a medieval world has had the greater effect on him now.
- Knight in Shining Armor: A textbook example.
- Noble Lupe
- Action Girl: Well, she did lead the group of heroes.
- Ascended Fangirl: Originally the equivalent of a d&d nerd, along with her friends.
- I Know Mortal Kombat: It proves surprisingly effective against the bullies she dealt with in school. Then she starts shooting spells from her toy(?) wand...
- The Leader: of her group of heroes.
- Took a Level in Badass
A steampunk and lava inspired world 7,000 feet underground.
- Action Girl: Makes no qualms about flying close to Neopia's core in the climax of Atlas of the Ancients.
- Gadgeteer Genius: According to her Neopedia entry.
- Spirited Young Lady
- Wrench Wench
Mayor of Moltara
- Our Ghosts are Different
- Grey and Gray Morality: He seems like a villain, but can do good in Random Events.
- Revenge: He seeks revenge for his death, and likely that of his bride as well.
- Senseless Sacrifice: The Ghost Lupe was in life a knight named Sylva. He died attempting to rescue his bride from the natives of Mystery Island. Apparently, she did not survive either.
Jhuidah the Island Faerie
The overseer of the Neopian Pound
- Dark is Not Evil: While the room he works in is dark with lots of spiders in, and his name is Dr Death, he actually takes good care of the ownerless pets.
- Grumpy Bear
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Nice Guy: Despite his grumpy exterior, he is actually this.
Pound Uni and Pound HissiThe other pound workers. The Uni works at the Adopt door and the Hissi works at the Transfer door.
- Authority in Name Only: It's implied that he spends all of his time playing Dice-a-Roo while his chancellor Advisor Broo actually runs the kingdom.
- A Dog Named "Dog": His name is King Roo, and he's a Blumaroo.
- Lonely at the Top: He was not exactly lonely, but quite bored before Dice-a-Roo was invented.
- Benevolent Boss: Seems like a pretty reasonable leader to the Gaze sailors.
- The Captain: Of the Cyodrake's Gaze.
- Everything's Better with Llamas: He is a Gnorbu.
- Nice Hat: He wears a red hat with black spots.
- The Atoner: He at least had the good graces to apologize to Hoban after the incident.
- Berserk Button: Do not insult his cooking.
- Butt Monkey: Every time a user tries to use his cooking pot at Culinary Concoctions, it explodes in his face. A successful recipe has yet to be found.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Shoving Hoban overboard in the middle of a raging thunderstorm for insulting his cooking was a little extreme.
- Lethal Chef: The other crewmembers seem to think so, especially Hoban. He may not be entirely wrong, given Linae's side comment about a particularly bad anchovy casserole.
- Berserk Button: Don't call him a "bad omen".
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: He's aggressive and short-tempered, but is a competent ship's navigator, all things considered. He hand-wrote an entire map book by himself.
- Does Not Like Spam: Doesn't like Bonju's cooking.Item description of Hoban's Leftovers: It's pretty much full. He barely touched the meal, after all.Item description of Anger Management for Navigators (a book): Rule #1 - always eat the chef's meals, even if it tastes like cardboard.
- Eyes Always Shut: Averted. Most Aishas always have their eyes closed, but Hoban's are always open in the comics to give him a wider range of emotions.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: He doesn't seem to get along with the other crewmembers. He's first seen threatening to sail them into a storm during an argument, Linae thinks he's a bad omen because of the previous threat, Anshu is not happy that he won't make a detour to stop for medical supplies, Bonju shoves him overboard for insulting his cooking, and Kentari calls him a lazy bum (though not to his face). That said, all of the above happened during a thunderstorm where everyone was in a bad mood, so we haven't seen how they get along with him normally. And they did recruit the rest of Neopia to search for him when he went missing, and didn't give up until he was found.
- Grumpy Bear: His Neopedia article states that he "[enjoys] a constant state of disgruntlement".
- Jerkass: He seems to be rather grumpy and temperamental, easily getting into arguments.
- The Napoleon: He's fairly short, as well as short-tempered.
- Nice Hat: He wears a little cone-shaped green and brown hat with holes for his ears, which was distributed as a prize to players after the plot.
- Older Than They Look: According to his Neopedia article, he's thirty.
- Spare Body Parts: He's an Aisha and has an extra pair of ears mounted on stalks, which incidentally would be very helpful in his job navigating the seas.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Unlike most of the other Gaze crewmembers, he did not reappear in Shenkuu following the plot and it is unknown what he is doing currently. He did reappear in the Neopets Puzzle Adventure video game and made a few appearances on Better Than You, so it's not like he vanished entirely.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: His hair is whitish-blue.
- The Medic: The Gaze's medic, and sells medicine for players to purchase at his shop in Shenkuu.
- Non-Mammalian Hair: He's a Ruki, an insect-like Neopet, with a long white mustache and beard.
- Cats Are Mean: After the thunderstorm began, she was quick to accuse Hoban of having started it. However, she seems to be fairly amicable in all other appearances.
- Does Not Like Spam: She's not a fan of Bonju's cooking, either. "That anchovy casserole really did a number on my—"
- Panthera Awesome: She is a Kougra.
- Pink Means Feminine: She's the only female member of the Gaze and is a pink Kougra.
- Flat Character / Living Prop: Does not get any characterization, doesn't do anything, and doesn't get to tell his version of the night of the thunderstorm.
- Number Two: Captain Tuan's first mate. That's all we know about him.
- Our Dragons Are Different: He is a Scorchio.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Like Hoban, he didn't reappear in Shenkuu following the plot.
- Cool Helmet: He always wears a black one.
- Depending on the Artist: In the second chapter of the comic, some panels give him mitten hands and others give him hands with fingers.
- Master Swordsman: He is the Gaze's weaponmaster, and sells weapons at his shop in Shenkuu, Wonderous Weaponry.
- Our Dragons Are Different: He is a Shoyru.
- Breakout Character: He starred in his own flash game, Revel Roundup.
- Out of Focus: Didn't get much attention in the plot, because he was locked in the storeroom during the thunderstorm and couldn't give evidence about Hoban's disappearance. He later got his own shop, selling foods in Shenkuu, and a game was released where players could play as him.
- Mr. Fixit: He is a toy repairman.
- Grumpy Old Man: He's elderly and a bit grumpy, calling people "fur-biting, good-for-nothing prawns".
- Nice Girl: Is very kind.
- The Medic: Downplayed. She is shown to have healing powers and used them on Hannah.
- We Help the Helpless: She is said to wander Terror Mountain finding Neopets who got lost in the snow and saving them from freezing to death.
- Fetch Quest: She sometimes sends users out on quests.
- Action Girl: She's an adventurer and explorer.
- Ascended Extra: She started off with her own Flash game and a two-part Neopedia article about her adventure, which were both high quality and more than most Neopets characters got, but nothing that implied there would be anything more to her. Then they threw her into a more serious plot...
- Badass Boast: At the beginning of the Ice Caves comic, she sings about her adventures in a tavern.They call me Hannah the brave, Hannah the quick / I'll get you the gems and be out in a tick / Pirates and monsters are no match for me / When they see Hannah coming, they all turn and flee!
- The Hero: If Hannah and the Ice Caves.
- Fountain of Expies: Many later plot protagonists borrowed traits from her.
- Married at Sea: At the end of Curse of Maraqua, she is seen aboard a ship marrying Kanrik.
- The Cutie: She's cute, and cheerful, and likes ice cream.
- Nice Girl: Sometimes gives users advice in the form of Random Events.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Her love of ice cream has spawned its own flash game.
- Sweet Tooth: Loves ice cream.
- Big Eater: It is shown that she eats a lot of ice cream.
- An Ice Person: He is a huge ice wyrm that can fire icy blasts.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Hence why he sleeps in a big cave.
- Berserk Button: If he catches you stealing his treasure, hope you like an icy blast to the face.
- Dragon Hoard: He guards a gigantic pile of treasure in his cave, which users can try to steal from when he's asleep.
- Riddle for the Ages: Where did all the treasure in his cave come from??
- Promoted to Playable: Received his own Flash game in 2010, Wrath of the Snowager, where the player controls him trying to get his loot back from a thieving Chia.
- Too Dumb to Live: Instead of doing something sensible when the Snowager comes after him like hide in a building or leave Terror Mountain, he just tries to evade him by running around and around in circles.
- Action Girl: "Just because Grarrg is the Battle Master doesn't mean I don't know how to put up a fight. Why do you think Grarrg is second in command anyway?"
Virtupets Space Station
Myra the Space Faerie
- Action Girl: Is a heroic faerie.
- Ambiguously Brown
- The Hero She saved the Grundos from imprisonment
- Our Fairies are Different: She has a sci-fi type outfit and telepathic powers and is a Faerie.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Inverted as she is a good guy with red eyes.
- SpaceX: She is called the Space Faerie.
- Psychic Radar
Dr. Frank Sloth
- Cartoon Creature: His species is unknown, but he is not a Neopet and he does not like being mistaken for one.
- Cut Lex Luthor a Check: Actually, he does go into "legitimate" business when not the focus of a plot. He's the prime source of almost all of Neopia's high-level technology.
- Do Not Call Me "Paul": Does not like being called Frank.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Black Cloak Of Evil
- Take Over the World: He likes to try and take over Neopia.
- Big Bad
- The Rival: He is Myra's nemesis.