open/close all folders
- Ace Pilot
- Buffy Speak
- Dark and Troubled Past: Danvers' early superhero career included rape, sudden pregnancy, kidnapping, and being depowered.
- The Determinator
- Embarrassing Nickname: "Cheeseburger"
- Flying Brick: Danvers has flight, super-strength, resistance to injury, and the Most Common Superpower. Twist: She can absorb ambient and directed energy, and project energy blasts from her fists (though she also had a sort of "seventh sense"/luck power for a while), but despite her impressive power level she has always been something of a second-stringer. This was played with in the House of M event, where in that Alternate Universe she was the greatest non-mutant superhero in the world. And since people kept their memories of the House of M reality, her knowledge that she could be that good has spurred her to new heights, her own monthly title, and leadership of The Avengers.
- Hollywood Atheist: Averted. Carol is the rare atheist protagonist who isn't a nihilist.
- I Have Many Names: Danvers' codenames have included Ms. Marvel, Warbird, Binary, and Captain Marvel.
- Genius Ditz
- Legacy Character
- The Teetotaler: Danvers used to have an alcohol problem. She later got sober.
- You Fight Like a Cow
Moonstone (Karla Sofen)
- Alpha Bitch
- Ice Queen
- Legacy Character: Karla Sofen became Moonstone by manipulating the previous Moonstone (who happened to be one of her patients) into handing over their power source.
- Psycho Psychologist: Sofen is practically the ur-example for the Marvel Universe. She used to enjoy convincing suicidal patients to kill themselves.
MODOK (George Tarleton)
Doomsday Man (Kerwin Korman)