open/close all folders
- Ace Pilot
- The Alcoholic: For a time, during Avengers Vol 3. She was unceremoniously booted off the team for it, and it took some time for her to recover.
- Arch-Nemesis: Mystique used to be this, having made it her mission in life to destroy Carol. Then it passed to Rogue, then... nothing.
- Boisterous Bruiser: In the 2014 Captain Marvel issue #1 her two favourite things are Star Wars and punching stuff.
- Break the Badass: Again, and again, and again, and again.
- Buffy Speak
- Damsel in Distress: Started off as this for Captain Mar-Vell. Only in the sense that she was taken captive, though. Carol Danvers didn't bother with the damsel-ness.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Danvers' early superhero career included rape, sudden pregnancy, kidnapping, and being depowered.
- Depower: Lost her Binary powers years ago. They come back sometimes, but they never stay for long. She also had another one during Avengers Vol 3., which drove her to drink.
- Distaff Counterpart: What she started out as. She's long since gotten out from under Mar-Vell's shadow.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: For one of Marvel's longest serving heroines, she doesn't get much respect from her fellow heroes. It's why she took up superheroing again after M-Day, to prove she could be one of the world's greats.
- Embarrassing Nickname: "Cheeseburger"
- Flaming Hair: As Binary.
- Flying Brick: Danvers has flight, super-strength, resistance to injury, and the Most Common Superpower. Twist: She can absorb ambient and directed energy, and project energy blasts from her fists (though she also had a sort of "seventh sense"/luck power for a while), but despite her impressive power level she has always been something of a second-stringer. This was played with in the House of M event, where in that Alternate Universe she was the greatest non-mutant superhero in the world. And since people kept their memories of the House of M reality, her knowledge that she could be that good has spurred her to new heights, her own monthly title, and leadership of The Avengers.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Has a bit of Kree DNA in her, due to how she got her powers.
- Hollywood Atheist: Averted. Carol is the rare atheist protagonist who isn't a nihilist.
- I Have Many Names: Danvers' codenames have included Ms. Marvel, Warbird, Binary, and Captain Marvel.
- Genius Ditz
- Legacy Character: For Captain Mar-Vell.
- Mind Rape: What happened when Rogue took her memories. It took all the emotion behind them as well, and nearly killed Carol.
- Military Superhero: At times.
- One of Us: Likes Star Wars, as evidenced in the 2014 Captain Marvel series by her cat Chewie and her attempt to deceive some alien police by telling them "These are not the droids you are looking for".
- Ship Tease: With Spider-Man after she agreed to go on a date with him. when she was possessed by the symbiote, Venom suggests to Spidey she has feelings for him. Despite mild flirting on both sides, they've become Platonic Life Partners, though it's implied Peter wishes they got a Relationship Upgrade.
- Stay in the Kitchen: Old Man Danvers was an utter dick to his first-born child. It's why she joined the military in the first place, to prove him wrong about everything.
- Super Strength: Hard enough to send someone flying through several floors.
- The Teetotaler: Danvers used to have a serious alcohol problem. She later got sober.
- You Fight Like a Cow
Moonstone (Karla Sofen)
- Alpha Bitch
- Ice Queen
- Legacy Character: Karla Sofen became Moonstone by manipulating the previous Moonstone (who happened to be one of her patients) into handing over their power source.
- Psycho Psychologist: Sofen is practically the ur-example for the Marvel Universe. She used to enjoy convincing suicidal patients to kill themselves.
MODOK (George Tarleton)
Doomsday Man (Kerwin Korman)