The hero of the game and the chief engineer at the Royal Research Center in Schutzheim.
- Fish out of Water: The world he comes from is quite different from the world he ends up in. He excuses his weirdness by saying that he's from somewhere beyond the sea and brushing off further inquiries as simply too difficult to explain and of no relevance anyway.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Frain is nice and far too trusting.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: He's even a natural at it, having been a scientist for the first twenty or so years of his life and presumably never having so much as touched a sword, yet taking to it with ease and skill when Aulin gives him one.
- Last Name Basis: When he first introduces himself to Aulin, his two names confuse her, as people in her world have Only One Name. He tells her that Knighthalt is basically a nickname and to just call him Frain.
The first major character you meet, Aulin is a mercenary who likes saving people who get into trouble. She'll save Frain from a group of Panchos outside Col, but won't join until after your first visit to Dandong Castle.
- Action Girl
- Action Girlfriend: Assuming Frain chooses her.
- Badass Arm-Fold
- Bare Your Midriff: Though the text box normally covers what her top does not.
- Betty and Veronica: Veronica to Bell's Betty.
- Boobs of Steel: Physically tough and very well-endowed.
- Boyish Short Hair
- Fingerless Opera Gloves: Could also be seen as a form of detached sleeves with a small strip covering the back of her hands.
- Scarf of Asskicking: In the typical red color. You'd be forgiven for mistaking it for a Badass Cape, as her portrait doesn't show it very well.
- Sleeves Are for Wimps
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The rough-and-tumble counterpart to Bell.
- You Gotta Have Purple Hair
A Sister of the church in Col. She found Frain after his encounter with the Thabitors after he fled outside Dandong Castle, then decided to join the team after Aulin.
- Betty and Veronica: Betty to Aulin's Veronica.
- The Dulcinea Effect: Aulin accuses her of offering to join Frain once he wakes up just because he's good-looking.
- Hair Decorations: A white headband and a green bow.
- Heroes Want Redheads: If Frain chooses her; her hair is a light brownish-red shade.
- Long Hair Is Feminine
- Pink Means Feminine: Her robes are a reddish shade of pink.
- Significant Green-Eyed Redhead
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The very feminine counterpoint to Aulin.
ShaftFrain's superior who sends the former on the mission to save the world.
- Walking Spoiler: He actually has a much bigger role by the end-game.
FraiyaAn assistant in Frain's laboratory. She is in love with Frain, and is reluctant when Frain is going for his mission.
- Yandere: That Scary Shiny Glasses scene at Lecom castle should be you first clue. Although turns out that she was also under Shaft's brainwashing.
- "Politics is merely warfare without drawn weapons."
- Four Eyes, Zero Soul: Gives off this impression, what's with his immediate suspicion on Frain and that Aulin and Bell are quick to dislike him.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Shoulders of Doom: Wears a pair of nice epaulettes with gold tassels.
- The Stoic: He never loses his cool no matter the situation. Such as the attack on Col at the beginning of the game, Aulin's constant unpleasant replies to him, having the secret that the Dandong king is already dead for three years without heir being uncovered...
- You Gotta Have Green Hair