Video Game: Machine Knight
Machine Knight is an RPG by Kemco Games. The player assumes the role of Frain, a young man of science who is trying to save his world from their own scientific mishaps. Frain travels through a gate and winds up in another world, parallel to his own, in order to search for a new energy source for his world.
This game provides examples of:
- Apocalypse How: Frain's goal is to avert The End of the World as We Know It.
- Character Portrait: Important characters get one. Unimportant characters don't.
- Eastern RPG
- Evil All Along: Shaft. He's the one responsible for Fraiya's behavior, and he wants to take the soulstones for himself to create the ultimate weapon.
- For Science!: Frain and his entire world follow this philosophy. Unfortunately, it lead to the creation of a "black sun" that threatens to end the world - oops.
- Functional Magic: Apparently, everyone on the fantasy world can do magic.
- Informed Equipment: Natural for a sprite-based game. Of note, Frain's portrait shows him carrying a sword on his back at all times, even at the start of the game when he's just an unarmed scientist, making the trope work both ways.
- Pokémon Speak: Pancho only speak their name.
- Saving the World: Frain's original motivation is saving his own world.
- The Magic Versus Technology War: The world Frain arrives at is a classic fantasy world, but the forces that threaten it are mechanical.
- When Dimensions Collide: The invasion of a Standard Fantasy Setting by a Cyber Punk one.