Characters in Gold Digger
open/close all folders
Super-scientist and archeologist who embarks on bizarre adventures both within and outside of our dimensional realm, with the help of her family.
Britanny 'Gia (nee Diggers)
The last known full-blooded were-cheetah. She was found by Theodore and adopted into their family. On an expedition to El Dorado, she ran into Stryyp, the prince of the lost city. It was lust at first sight, then developed into true love. They are currently married with a daughter.
An accidentally created composite clone of Gina and Britanny. Brianna is almost as smart as Gina and almost as tough as Brit' (and roughly as lecherous as them both). She really
- BFG: Brianna loves her guns.
- Cloning Blues: She inherited all of Gina and Britanny's memories, abilities and feelings up to the moment she was created, which made it terribly difficult for her to carve out her own identity and individuality. She especially had trouble coming to terms with Britanny's strong love with Stripe, since Brianna could never be with him.
- Facial Markings: A stripe over her left eye inherited from Brittany's genes.
- Happily Married: To a Wild Man named Zan.
- Shotgun Wedding: They were going in that direction already, but got accelerated when Bri forgot to recharge her high-tech contraceptive.
- Has Two Mommies: Technically, Gina and Brittany could be considered her biological parents (and she even addressed them as such at first), but they're all much happier as sisters.
- Kill and Replace: When she was born, she was driven to do this by the deadly curse Gina and Brit were trying to get rid of when they ended up making her.
- Nice Hat: ...which is exactly like Gina's.
- Meaningful Name: Brianna is a combination of Britanny and Gina.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Inherited Brittany's love of tuna.
Jonathan Diggers / The Lich King
Once a kind explorer (Like his son and granddaughter would become), Jonathan was caught in an explosion of magic energy that turned him into an evil lich. Banished to the realm of the Undead, he eventually took it over.
Dr. Theodore Diggers
An archmage and explorer who's Gina's father.
A barbarian warrior from the world of Jade. She met Theodore after his well-meaning assistance cost her a tournament win. She made him help her raid a dungeon to make up for it, and the rest is history. When her daughters were young, she ended up stranded on Jade by the actions of the Lich King, unable to return to Earth except for short periods of time, until Gina and Brianna finally figured out how to break the curse.
- Action Mom
- Missing Mom: For the first volume or so, then they came and explained why.
- Older Than They Look: Julia already looked good for her age, then she accidentally refined her master's "Renewing Breath" technique and shaved thirty years off. Granted, she eventually had to give up that extra boost, but she still looks good for her age.
- Shipper on Deck: She had tried to set her student Gar up with Britanny, but he was too shy to make a move.
- Trapped in Another World: Technically, she was trapped on her homeworld, but otherwise separated from her family.
Stryyp'Gia / Strike
The Krynn Prince of El Dorado, married to Britanny.
- Amazon Chaser: Though she chased first.
- The Apprentice: To Agent M, who is grooming Stripe to be his successor as leader of the superhero team Agency Zero.
- Lightning Bruiser: While starting out weakbutskilled, the Kryn Heirlooms turn him into one of these.
- Papa Wolf: He forces his artifact-weapons to consume his own being for fuel in an attempt to protect Tifanny and rescue Britanny. He half-wins.
- Playing with Fire: His primary offense post-artifacts, control and creation of flames via Flameraker
- Prince Charming: While just of a small city, Stripe's both actual royalty, and quite charming.
- Punny Name: It's pronounced the same as "stripe," and as a result that's sometimes how it's spelled.
- Taken for Granite: One of his artifacts grants him both defensive abilities, and the power to turn targets to stone. He rarely uses the latter, for ethical reasons.
- Upgrade Artifact: Several, really. When needed to confront a cosmic threat facing his people, El Dorado pulled their rare and dangerous heirlooms out of storage in order to get him to a level where he could fight ASAP.
- Weak, but Skilled: Before he has the Kryn heirlooms and their powers implanted, he relied on his skill and lightning quick reflexes in combat, though he was still overshadowed by the greater strength of Brit and the like.
Britanny and Stryyp's daughter.
Team Gold Digger
A Rakshasa the Diggers sisters found in an ancient tomb. Currently married to Seance, and Brianna's best friend.
- Gender Bender: Rakshasa are so rare that they need to be able to switch gender in order to continue their magic-based species.
- If It's You, It's Okay: Kinda. Genn pretty much gives up her male transformations after falling in love with Seance.
- Life Drinker: Actually, they drink Mana
- My Beloved Smother: Madrid the genie is her mother, who doesn't care about Gennadrid except when it's blackmail time.
- Our Monsters Are Different: Rakshasa in Gold Digger are gender-neutral shapes-shifters who drink magic energy. However, they have to exhaust their "victim" physically first. They typically do this through combat or sex.
- Sexier Alter Ego: They can shapeshift into male and female versions of their normal form, as well as disguising or mimicking individual people.
An aura mage and student of Theodore Diggers. Ex-boyfriend of Gina. Currently married to Genn.
- Dirty Mind-Reading: When first introduced, he had trouble controlling his ability to read the surface thoughts of others. Both Gina and Genn's imaginations were rather "inspired", much to their embarrassment...
- Everyone Calls Him Barkeep: "Seance" is a title, not his birth name.
- Kung Fu Mage: Had himself turned into one, but then found out the change wasn't as permanent, nor as desirable, as he thought.
A martial artist treasure hunter, occasional rival and often ally of Gina and Penny. Gina's ex-boyfriend.
- Adventurer Archaeologist
- Ki Attacks: Through much practice, Ryan eventually learned how to huck balls of ki at his foes.
- Photographic Memory: Ryan can copy any martial arts move he sees once- though choosing the right one for the moment is up to his learned skills.
A Djinn whom Gina recovered. A Djinn tends to take on characteristics of the people most liked by the person s/he
likes, so he eventually went from six-armed, bronze, bald and bearded to a blend of the males who get the most positive reactions from Gina. Currently back together with his ex-wife, after her heelfaceturn.
- Genie in a Bottle: A literal genie in a lamp when he's first found.
- Multi-Armed Multitasking: His extra arms, and the skill in multitasking his experience with them gave, made him a fantastic lab assistant.
- Our Genies Are Different: Not beings of smoke nor, exactly, a wish granter, but Dao does have extra magic powers that kick in when helping others.
Once she was the Djinn princess of Yl'Daljim. She wanted to have the power Yl'Daljim magic sun, but in her attempts to seize it she released invaders that enslaved the Djinn. She was in a temple in India until Fauntleroy stole her from the said temple. She then came into Gina's possession where it is revealed that Genn is her Son/Daughter. She then asks Genn to make her body genetically similar to Gina's so she can take Gina's place so that she can go to Yl'Daljim. In the final battle between Gina and Madrid, Gina tricks Madrid into being trapped on a base on the moon. She eventually made it down to earth, where her backstabbing ways promptly got her into trouble again. Several weeks of humiliation at the claws of some cruel dragons finally broke her spirit, driving Madrid to turn her life around. She normally explores the Astral Rifts with Dao and Subtracto.
A professional martial artist and friend of Ryan Tabbot, with terrifying eyes and a mysterious past even she doesn't know about.
- Adventurer Archeologist: A newbie one, only recently getting into it via her friends.
- Blessedwith Suck: Her terrifying eyes, which she regards as a curse.
- Death Glare: Unfortunately an 'always on' effect for her.
- Disney Princess: [[Spoiler: When Mistress is kidnapped by the Prince Lowtor of the 'evil' Uompa-Luompias (who she finds cute, and who in return find her 'evil eyes' cool) and his witch hits her with amnesia magic, she adopts a Disney Princess-esque persona, complete with songs, and begins converting them to good.]]
- Dominatrix: Ayane's Mistress persona draws a lot from dominatrix imagery.
- Ninja: Her fighting style is a mix of ninjutsu and capoeira.
- The Woobie: Despite being an extremely badass fighter, the fact that even her best friends have trouble looking her in the eyes, lack of ability to fulfill her 'cute' side, and her questions about her own past make he quite the woobie.
- Victory Through Intimidation: When Mistress wants to scare someone into submission, her scary eyes can go to downright terrifying!
Penelope "Penny" Koss (nee Pincer)
A fellow explorer and former rival to Gina. (They swapped many a wedgie in the early days of the comic.)
Kevin "Ace" Koss
A pilot for hire who is a close friend (and frequent transport) of Gina's, as well as Penny's new husband. Considered to be one of the best pilots on Earth.
A bio-engineered harpy unleashed by the villain Alfred Peachbody as a mindless attack beast. After Peachbody's defeat, she started to develop her own will and personality, and was taken in by Penny as a bodyguard (much like Brit' is to Gina).
- Cheerful Child: Although this may fade, as she's begun entering the equivalent of early adolescence.
- Lightning Bruiser: According to Penny, she is stronger and maybe even faster then Britanny. It's mostly her attitude and innocence that hold her back.
- Winged Humanoid: She looks mostly human, except the yellow, feathered skin, wings, and talons for hands/feet.
- Younger Than They Look: Despite her adult body, Charlotte has only been in existence as a sapient being for a few years, and has the mentality of a kid.
An elite group of warriors who help keep the peace on the magical realm of Jade. Many members of the Northern Edge-Guard are werecats.
- Captain Ersatz: Most of the original members of the guard were pretty much based on the Thundercats. Indeed, their names are anagrams.
The leader of the Edge-Guard.
Garfield "Gar" Silvear
A werejaguar who was trained by Julia Diggers.
Garfield's younger sister and Raphael and Calandra's current superior.
- Badass Adorable: In Sheila's werejaguar form she's small, she's cute, she knows it, and is at least as badass as most of her teammates.
- Glass Cannon: Her human form has all the power (and body), but her hybrid form has the regeneration and invulnerability. She stays in her hybrid form to avoid being one.
- Mundane Utility: Sheila has been known to use her ice sword to chill her drinks.
- Older Than They Look: Her hybrid form looks like a teenager. A young teenager.
- Tsundere: She has a thing for Tirga, but can't stand his womanizing ways.
A were-cheetah who just happened to show up the day of Brittany's wedding. Was eventually revealed to be a golem created by a romantic rival, who tried to destroy him for failing to break up Brit and her fiancÚ. Brianna was able to save a piece that contained his "soul" and with some help, eventually gave him a real body. He currently serves in the Northern Edge Guard.
An Amazon Breeder who was taken with Raphiel. Unfortunately, her attempts to get into his pants eventually resulted into her being cursed.
- Action Mom: Breeders are fertile Amazons whose primary duty is to seek out suitable mates and birth new members of the tribe. Before/between/after that, they're as tough as any Amazon.
- Sadly, a later GD issue revealed that uncursing Sil has also rendered her sterile.
- Baleful Polymorph: Got turned into a Were-Wabbit.
- Killer Wabbit: Wabbits look like cute little bunnies with long tails, but they're carnivorous, have Absurdly Sharp Blades on the end of those tails, and can infect people like a were-creature and turn them into Wabbits.
- Petting Zoo People: When we see Sil and Raph again, she's at least regained a humanoid (Wabbit-based) form, but apparently at the cost of her fertility.
- Team Pet: As a wabbit.
A werelioness who trains with Raph and Sheila.
- Plain Jane: Flat out called one by Tirga. Not so much ugly as normal and unexotic next to a number of the others in the female cast.
- Sixth Ranger
The world's former equivalent to the Justice League or Avengers, the group quit openly superheroing after a costly final battle against their nemesis made them realize his actions (and many lesser threats) were as much [[Motive Decay
vendettas against them] as they were about his own ambitions. Restructuring themselves as an MenInBlack-like
organization, They fight supervillains as anonymously as possible, to keep budding bad guys from having a target to fixiate on.
Agent M / Miracle
Leader of the Agency and all around heroic person. Partner of Agent Gia (Stryyp).
- Captain Ersatz: He's the local 'Superman'.
- Hope Bringer: As Miracle. After a particularly bad incident, he decided it wasn't worth the trouble it attracted and decided the heroes would be best served by going 'zero profile' instead.'
- The Mentor: M's grooming Stryyp to be his successor.
- Time Stands Still: M's greatest power, he can briefly pause time allowing him to save the day 'like a miracle.' Unfortunately it's effectively Cast from Hit Points, so repeated use can leave him looking like crap.
Princess D'bra / Debra / Agent Star Platinum
Dragon Princess, superhero, and office manager.
- Guile Hero: Debra made her human form to be small and agile knowing some of the time a smart adventuress and not a giant dragon is what the situation calls for.
- Office Lady
- Our Dragons Are Different: Platinum dragons lack wings per see, instead having 'ether vents' allowing them to channel magic like jets to hover or fly in strait lines at incredible speed.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: At 5'4", her human form isn't exactly imposing.
- Wizards and Witches: The team magic user. Her five-minute-amnesia spells help a lot in Agency Zero keeping to the 'zero profile' part of it's mission.
The Nubian Avatar of Battle
Former partner of Crimson Avenger.
- Amazonian Beauty
- Genius Bruiser: Invented the chemical that gave her powers, and generally smart.
- Sizeshifter: Able to go from her natural, very small size, to a towering amazon.
- Super Strength: In her large form
- Must Make Amends: While being blackmailed by a villain, she killed who she thought was a gangster... but was really an undercover cop. Despite having all records of her crimes erased when Crime Syndicate X was defeated, she turned herself for whatever crimes she could be charged with.
NOT a member of Agency Zero, though not for lack of job offers. Former partner of Britanny when they were both high-school superheroes ('Pink Avenger and the Cheet').
- Badass Normal
- Bash Brothers: First with Cheets, then with Crush.
- Building Swing
- Fangirl: Of Miracle and several of the other old guard supers... which is why she's also disappointed they've gone the zero visibility route instead of standing up to inspire.
Montgomery / Phyrogoth
Head of the Adventurer Society, martial arts champion, and former Dragon.
- Largeandincharge: He's over seven feet tall and covered in muscle as a human.
- Golem: What his 'human' body really is, after his original body died and his spirit was transfered to an artificial one to save his life.
- Heel-Face Turn: Upon his first death.
- The Atoner: When he was a dragon, he partnered with one of the worst in pursuit of power, betrayed an elf he fell in love with... and now he seeks to make up for what he's done and free her trapped spirit.
- National Anthem: As a fighter, he uses 'God Save the Queen' as his theme music when he enters the arena.
The Vaultron Force
Five Leprechauns who pilot robotic shoes that form one 'giant' human-sized robot. They help the Diggers sisters, especially Brianna who helped them build their robots, on several occasions.
Lydia Iceron McKraken
A blonde, waifish were-rat girl with a very headstrong attitude, best known for unleashing streams of profanity when under stress (or just when speaking in general). She is the de facto
leader of of the "Mall Rats" and has proven herself to be effective, though at times she can be more bossy than necessary. In the Throne of Shadows
special mini-series, Lydia also shows that she'd rather her friends hate her than see them die. She is later revealed to be the daughter of Gothwrain and Sherisha.
A blue-haired were-rat, Romeo is the only male of the group and seemingly the lowest on the totem pole. (In fact, he's just as good a fighter and assassin as his two friends/lovers; he's simply more willing to take their punishment for the sake of group harmony.) He is overly dramatic in a quasi-Shakespearean manner. While Lydia is the best combat leader, Romeo could be seen as the group's emotional anchor, ever the demonstrative and cautious individual.
Moisha RichThe Chick
of the Mall Rats, a purple-haired were-rat. She is best known for her very large chest, having some of the most generous proportions in the comic. She speaks in Valley Girl
and acts bored in most circumstances. Chosen to be one of Lydia's friends from birth.
The Big Bad
of the series. Originally a iron dragon who tyrannized dragon society with the Time Raft, he was sent hurtling through time and space by Gina when he tried to force her to fix the device. He was pulled out by Ancient Gina as a pawn in her plan to save the universe. He is currently battling her to get full control of the Infinity Engine, a device the two are building that allows control of reality.
Gothwrain IceronOnce he was the creator of the the werewolves and other lycanthropic races. But when his favorite slave, Sherisha, wanted freedom for her people, Iceron had her punished. Sherisha then killed him, but he got better. In return, Iceron then created the were-cats to hunt down the were-rats. When he discovered one breed, the were-cheetahs, could catch rats faster than any of the other types, he gave them an ability called the "Doom Gaze" that could freeze were-rats and shock them out of their hybrid forms. However, Iceron was unaware that Sherisha had infected him with lycanthropy, which didn't kick in until after he finished his project, meaning he suddenly became a target of his own creation.
As a were-rat, Gothwrain sought the destruction of the were-cheetah clan and nearly succeeded, but Theodore Diggers intervened, saving the last one.
- Badass Grandpa
- Came Back Wrong
- Came Back Strong
- The Chessmaster: He is quite possibly the most ingeniously dangerous villain in the Gold Digger universe. Pretty much every terrible thing that happened in Theodore Diggers life was set up by him.
- Demoted to Dragon
- Evil Old Folks
- Faux Affably Evil
- Hoist by His Own Petard: He created were-people and was killed by his favorite were-rat after he began to abuse his creations. He had charmed himself to come back to life and upgraded were-cats to kill were-rats, especially were-cheetahs, but the lycanthrophy he was unknowingly inflicted with turned him into a were-rat,not only making him a target of the were-cheetahs but also a slave of Sherisha and thanks to the "ageless shell" spell, the only way to gain control back is to kill himself. And after he got control back, the "paradise" he thought he was escaping to was really Dreadwing's realm.
- Really 700 Years Old: Thanks to the ageless shell, he and Sherisha's bodies only age a season every 20 years. He later made the two of them even younger with a youth spell.
- Restrained Revenge: Despite everything Sherisha did to him, Gothwrain still loved her but he still wanted revenge. So when he found a way to escape his curse and enter what he thought was paradise he offered to take her with him if she accepted his part of the pain that would occur during the obliteration needed to get there.
- Staying Alive
- Stealth Mentor: His harsh training on Lydia was to prepare her to rule Dark Home.
Sherisha, the near-immortal leader of the were-rat clan and co-founder of a giant criminal empire.
Former tyrant ruler of the Ork Republic and attempted genocidal conqueror of Jade Realm. 50 years ago, he took over the Dwarven people's land and attempted to take over Jag's Lair 30 years ago. In current day, Julia and G'nolga was able defeat him but Dreadwing freed him in to gain his assistance in his conquest of Jade Realm.
- Abusive Parent: When Julia had him chained up, his own daughter was so scared of him she would only bring him food once or twice a week.
- Demotedto Dragon
- The Dreaded
- Evil Overlord
- The Powerof Hate: Serpentus has a good reason to make everyone, even his own people, hate him. His power comes from literally ripping hate out of a person's aura and forging it into a weapon. So the more people hate him, the more powerful they become.
- Pragmatic Villainy: He knows that the best way to betray Dreadwing is to suck up to him until the time is right.
- The Starscream
- Reminiscing About Your Victims: Remembers G'nolga well enough to remember when he killed her father.
The former William Justice of the Wonder Friends. After his parents were killed battling a super villain, he took up a new name and became a villain himself.
- Alas, Poor Villain
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: He originally rescued Array because of the horrible injustice of her captivity, she was constantly by his side as he became a more and more dangerous villain, and eventually what they had paved the way for his redemption.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: Went from being a gang leader appearing as the Arc Villain of a two issue storyline to almost gaining the power to conquer Jade Realm and died as a major character.
- Face-Heel Turn / Heel-Face Turn: He started out as a superhero like the rest of his family, went bad when he became determined to escape the fate of his forebears, then proved he was a hero all along by making the ultimate sacrifice.
- Heroic Sacrifice: The entire reason Tirant became a super villain was because after his parents died, he learned that every member of his family since the 1920s died in the name of justice and that everyone expected him to do be willing to do the same.
- He would later give his life in order to save Array and their allies from T'mat. Array is currently being blackmailed into working for Dreadwing with the promise of bringing Tirant back to life.
- Rescue Romance: With Array.
- Shame If Something Happened: In order to get Crush to work for him he threatened her family and intended to do the same towards Avenger.
The girlfriend of Tirant and one of the ancient Enigmas of Merlin.
She is capable of creation ultra powerful magends. Currently working for Dreadwing in exchange for bringing Tirant back to life.
- Identity Amnesia: Array is one of the Enigmas Merlin created to give magic to dragons and allow them to rise up against their oppressive creators. At some point she lost her memories and was captured by Sherisha.
- Me's a Crowd: Everytime Array summons a new magend, it continues to exist in her mind, allowing her to summon again it whenever it's needed. There's currently over hundred magends in Array's head, all somehow working in sync with each other.
- Phlebotinum Rebel
- Rescue Romance: Sherisha when found the amnesiac Summoner, she proceeded to spend years tearing off her body parts in the hope of creating her own magends and since politics were on here side, no hero could stop her. Luckily, Tirant came across her while trying to rob Sherisha's lab and rescued her. They've been in love ever since.
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?: The reason Sherisha was allowed to continue with her experiments on Array was because Array is technically not human and therefore has no rights.