open/close all folders
Super-scientist and archeologist who embarks on bizarre adventures both within and outside of our dimensional realm, with the help of her family.
- Adorkable Constantly makes references to Star Wars, Star Trek, and various and sundry cartoons and anime. She is truly One of Us.
- Adventurer Archaeologist: She is simply speaking the Distaff Counterpart to one Henry Jones, Jr.
- Badass Bookworm: Not much of a fighter, but can use her brain very well. Once she use a pencil and post-it note to hijack the spell tattoos of a warrior.
- Berserk Button: Do not mention that you like the Star Wars prequels if you want to keep your dignity.Gina: SEIZE HER! Such blasphemy shall not be tolerated in my Sanctum Sanctorum! ... The prequel "fan fiction" is a forbidden topic within these walls!
- Catchphrase: "Jinkies!"
- Beautiful Lech: She's an eyeful for any male reader and greedily gobbles up any innocent beefcake she might happen upon in the course of her adventures and time at home, with the notable exception of some students in her Advanced Archaeology class.
- Gadgeteer Genius/Wrench Wench: She has a self-built laboratory in her Atlanta, GA home that rivals Dexter's.
- G.I.R.L.: Inverted. Gina plays a sculpted, scantily-clad dude when gaming strictly for ogling purposes.
- Hollywood Nerd
- Hot Scientist: Doubles as a Hot Teacher.
- Meganekko: Starting with the color relaunch.
- Nice Hat: She's rarely seen without her fedora when adventuring.
- Omnidisciplinary Scientist: Archaeology, Engineering, and Physics mostly, though she's said to have PHDs numbering in the double digits, most awarded before she was 20.
Britanny 'Gia (nee Diggers)
The last known full-blooded were-cheetah. She was found by Theodore and adopted into their family. On an expedition to El Dorado, she ran into Stryyp, the prince of the lost city. It was lust at first sight that developed into true love. They are currently married with a daughter.
- Action Fashionista: She can kick ass and burn through credit limits like nobody's business. She named her daughter after her two favorite stores: Tiffany "Tar'get" 'Gia
- Action Mom
- Amazonian Beauty: In her hybrid form.
- Berserk Button: Played for Laughs whenever tuna is involved, but seriously, don't fuck with her family, adopted or otherwise. If you're lucky, you might hear the sonic boom created from how fast she kicks your ass.
- Boobs of Steel: She's among the bustiest characters in her hybrid form and kicks way more ass than the slightly smaller Gina, who is the unarguable brains to Brit's brawn.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: In her human form.
- Death Glare: Werecheetahs have a "Doom Gaze" effect on wererats: any wererat that looks any werecheetah in the eye will become incapacitated by fear. Britanny's had this effect on wererats twice, but as the effect doesn't go both ways, she still doesn't understand why the victims were afraid of her.
- Genocide Backfire: Dr. Diggers tried to stop the werecheetah/werewolf war but only managed to save baby Britanny.
- Happily Adopted: Dr. Diggers did all he could to make sure Britanny had a normal childhood, and she even remembers Gina's pranks on her with fondness.
- Happily Married: To Stryyp 'Gia, the crown prince of the Kryn Dynasty.
- How Do I Shot Web?: Having been raised by humans, Britanny could only transform once per day until Jetta the werewolf became her mentor.
- Last of Her Kind: ...that is, until Raphiel enters the picture and becomes real.
- Mama Bear: Threatening her daughter is a good way invite a beating.
- Our Werebeasts Are Different: Used to be she could only change forms once per day, which led to some not-nice pranks by Gina in their younger days. Now she can switch between her human form, her were form, and her beast form on the fly.
- The "Women of Gold Digger" series reveals that, due to her upbringing (safe exercise and steady food supply, mostly), her build is more like a were-lion ancestor of hers than a typical were-cheetah build.
- Single-Target Sexuality: To Stryyp once they met.
- Sleep-Mode Size: Britanny's human form is even shorter than Gina. Consequently, she rarely uses it unless she has to.
- Super Mode: Tempest Mode
- Trademark Favorite Food: Tuna.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: In her rarely-used human mode, her hair has cheetah spots similar to her fur in were/beast mode.
An accidentally created composite clone of Gina and Britanny. Brianna is almost as smart as Gina and almost as tough as Brit' (and roughly as lecherous as them both). She really likes guns.
- BFG: Brianna loves her guns.
- Bottomless Magazines: At one point in the color series, she found out in a desperate moment that she could fire bullets made of condensed magical energy, giving her this. Doubles as a Crowning Moment of Awesome because said desperate moment saw them about to get eaten by monsters after Brianna kept talking about how much she was hoping for a fight while they explored Dreadwing's old cave. Talk about Be Careful What You Wish For.
- Cloning Blues: She inherited all of Gina and Britanny's memories, abilities and feelings up to the moment she was created, which made it terribly difficult for her to carve out her own identity and individuality. She especially had trouble coming to terms with Britanny's strong love with Stripe, since Brianna could never be with him.
- Facial Markings: A stripe over her left eye inherited from Brittany's genes.
- Gadgeteer Genius: She inherited Gina's propensity for technology and inventing things, the only difference being all her inventions are weapons, including Powered Armor, the aforementioned BFGs, and her trademark supersmart AI bitbombs, affectionately named Peebos. Some of these have even become characters themselves.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Half human, half were-cheetah.
- Happily Married: To a Wild Man named Zan.
- Shotgun Wedding: They were going in that direction already, but got accelerated when Bri forgot to recharge her high-tech contraceptive.
- Has Two Mommies: Technically, Gina and Brittany could be considered her biological parents (and she even addressed them as such at first), but they're all much happier as sisters.
- Kill and Replace: When she was born, she was driven to do this by the deadly curse Gina and Brit were trying to get rid of when they ended up making her.
- Magitech: Often works her magical abilities into her tech (unwittingly even). Her Peebos are part AI, part golem, for instance, and Peebri has been observed with an aura.
- Nice Hat: ...which is exactly like Gina's.
- Meaningful Name: Brianna is a combination of Britanny and Gina.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Inherited Brittany's love of tuna.
Jonathan Diggers / The Lich KingOnce a kind explorer (Like his son and granddaughter would become), Jonathan was caught in an explosion of magic energy that turned him into an evil lich. Banished to the realm of the Undead, he eventually took it over.
Dr. Theodore DiggersAn archmage and explorer who's Gina's father.
- The Archmage: A very powerful aura mage.
- Badass Grandpa: Now that Britanny's a mom.
- Flaming Skulls: Often used an illusion spell to do this to his daughters' dates.
- My Greatest Failure: Feels some responsibility for the genocide of the were-cheetahs (of which Brittany was the sole survivor). Theodore had attempted to thwart it by disabling Gothwrain's spell-book, not knowing that the book's pages went blank when closed and that his counter-measure had no effect.
- Papa Wolf: He comes to Britanny's rescue when she's being assaulted by Thabian and Jetta.
- Spy Catsuit: The standard costume for aura mages like Theo is a form-fitting unitard. He still fills his out rather well.
- Twerp Sweating: Most fathers polish a shotgun in front of their daughters' dates. Theo magically sets his head on fire.
A barbarian warrior from the world of Jade. She met Theodore after his well-meaning assistance cost her a tournament win. She made him help her raid a dungeon to make up for it, and the rest is history. When her daughters were young, she ended up stranded on Jade by the actions of the Lich King, unable to return to Earth except for short periods of time, until Gina and Brianna finally figured out how to break the curse.
- Action Mom
- Asskicking Equals Authority: She's one of ten Weaponmasters of her home-realm of Jade, which leads to her being sought for advice on threats to Jade-Realm's safety as well as being a sensei for her preferred style of martial arts, the Shun Leep school.
- Missing Mom: For the first volume or so, then they came and explained why.
- Older Than They Look: Julia already looked good for her age, then she accidentally refined her master's "Renewing Breath" technique and shaved thirty years off. Granted, she eventually had to give up that extra boost, but she still looks good for her age.
- Shipper on Deck: She had tried to set her student Gar up with Britanny, but he was too shy to make a move.
- Trapped in Another World: Technically, she was trapped on her homeworld, but otherwise separated from her family.
Stryyp'Gia / Stripe
The Krynn Prince of El Dorado, married to Britanny.
- Amazon Chaser: Though she chased first.
- The Apprentice: To Agent M, who is grooming Stripe to be his successor as leader of the superhero team Agency Zero.
- Lightning Bruiser: While starting out Weak, but Skilled, the Kryn Heirlooms turn him into one of these.
- Papa Wolf: He forces his artifact-weapons to consume his own being for fuel in an attempt to protect Tifanny and rescue Britanny. He half-wins.
- Playing with Fire: His primary offense post-artifacts, control and creation of flames via Flameraker
- Prince Charming: While just of a small city, Stripe's both actual royalty, and quite charming.
- Punny Name: It's pronounced the same as "stripe," and as a result that's sometimes how it's spelled.
- Supreme Chef: Very much so. He often has to keep his wife from eating everyone else's shares.
- Taken for Granite: One of his artifacts grants him both defensive abilities, and the power to turn targets to stone. He rarely uses the latter, for ethical reasons.
- Upgrade Artifact: Several, really. When needed to confront a cosmic threat facing his people, El Dorado pulled their rare and dangerous heirlooms out of storage in order to get him to a level where he could fight ASAP.
- Weak, but Skilled: Before he has the Kryn heirlooms and their powers implanted, he relied on his skill and lightning quick reflexes in combat, though he was still overshadowed by the greater strength of Brit and the like.
Tifanny 'GiaBritanny and Stryyp's daughter.
Team Gold Digger
GennA Rakshasa the Diggers sisters found in an ancient tomb. Currently married to Seance, and Brianna's best friend.
- Gender Bender: Rakshasa are so rare that they need to be able to switch gender in order to continue their magic-based species.
- If It's You, It's Okay: Kinda. Genn pretty much gives up her male transformations after falling in love with Seance.
- Life Drinker: Actually, they drink Mana
- My Beloved Smother: Madrid the genie is her mother, who doesn't care about Gennadrid except when it's blackmail time.
- Our Monsters Are Different: Rakshasa in Gold Digger are gender-neutral shapes-shifters who drink magic energy. However, they have to exhaust their "victim" physically first. They typically do this through combat or sex.
- Shapeshifting Lover: She is this to Seance.
- Sexier Alter Ego: They can shapeshift into male and female versions of their normal form, as well as disguising or mimicking individual people.
SeanceAn aura mage and student of Theodore Diggers. Ex-boyfriend of Gina. Currently married to Genn.
- Combat Clairvoyance: His ability has saved his butt on more than one occasion, as he has felt his foe's thoughts of a lethal attack moments before it occurred.
- Dirty Mind-Reading: When first introduced, he had trouble controlling his ability to read the surface thoughts of others. Both Gina and Genn's imaginations were rather "inspired", much to their embarrassment...
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": "Seance" is a title, not his birth name.
- Kung Fu Mage: Had himself turned into one, but then found out the change wasn't as permanent, nor as desirable, as he thought.
Ryan TabbotA martial artist treasure hunter, occasional rival and often ally of Gina and Penny. Gina's ex-boyfriend.
- Adventurer Archaeologist
- Ki Attacks: Through much practice, Ryan eventually learned how to huck balls of ki at his foes.
- Photographic Memory: Ryan can copy any martial arts move he sees once- though choosing the right one for the moment is up to his learned skills.
DaoA Djinn whom Gina recovered. A Djinn tends to take on characteristics of the people most liked by the person s/he likes, so he eventually went from six-armed, bronze, bald and bearded to a blend of the males who get the most positive reactions from Gina. Currently back together with his ex-wife, after her Heel/Face Turn.
- Genie in a Bottle: A literal genie in a lamp when he's first found.
- Multi-Armed Multitasking: His extra arms, and the skill in multitasking his experience with them gave, made him a fantastic lab assistant.
- Our Genies Are Different: Not beings of smoke nor, exactly, a wish granter, but Dao does have extra magic powers that kick in when helping others.
MadridOnce, she was the Djinn princess of Yl'Daljim and wanted the power of Yl'Daljim's magic sun, but in her attempts to seize it, she released invaders that enslaved the Djinn. After this, she was in a temple in India for an interminable amount of time until Fauntleroy stole her from said temple. She then came into Gina's possession where it is revealed that Genn is her Son/Daughter. She then asks Genn to make her body genetically similar to Gina's so she can take Gina's place when she goes to Yl'Daljim and finally take the power of the magic sun. In the final battle between them, Gina tricks Madrid into a trap on the dark side of the moon. She eventually made it down to Earth, where her backstabbing ways promptly got her into trouble again. Several weeks of humiliation at the claws of some cruel dragons, who just happened to be Fauntleroy's ex-minions, finally broke her spirit and drove her to turn her life around. Now, she generally explores the Astral Rifts with Dao and Subtracto.
- Break the Haughty: The result of her Chronic Backstabbing Disorder and how she made her Heel–Face Turn.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: Something she eventually realizes, and bites her in the back more than once.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: Gets a bit of a tan.
- Evil Twin: Pretty much became this for Gina for a time.
- Foil: Prefers to solve problems smaller in scale than Gina'ss large scale ones.
- Future Badass: Big Good Ancient Gina is actually a Madrid's future self, not Gina's.
- Our Genies Are Different: Madrid' original form had a shell-like covering over her head down over where her eyes would be. Her actual eyes were on her abdomen.
- That Woman Is Dead: feels her old self is dead, though some of her old personality remains.
Ayane Anno/MistressA professional martial artist and friend of Ryan Tabbot, with terrifying eyes and a mysterious past even she doesn't know about.
- Adventurer Archaeologist: A newbie one, only recently getting into it via her friends. The newest student in Gina's class.
- Blessed with Suck: Her terrifying eyes, which she regards as a curse.
- Cuteness Proximity: A frequent occurrence for her.
- Death Glare: Unfortunately an 'always on' effect for her.
- Disney Princess: When Mistress is kidnapped by the Prince Lowtor of the 'evil' Uompa-Luompas and hit with Laser-Guided Amnesia by their witch, she finds her captors cute. They, in return find her 'evil eyes' cool; this leads to Ayane spontaneously adopting a Disney Princess-esque persona, complete with songs about how Dark Is Not Evil. She's begun converting them to good before the witch aborts the plan and make everyone forget it ever happened.
- Dominatrix: Ayane's Mistress persona draws a lot from dominatrix imagery.
- Face of a Thug: Her eyes are intimidating enough in her "Mistress" personality. When she was trying to fight as "Ninja Kitty", Friend to All Children, she was terrifying.
- Friend to All Children: Desperately wants to be this; as things stand, the best she can manage is making Mistress a Good Bad Girl type of role model.
- Has Two Daddies: Was raised by two guys.
- Hidden Depths: Not so hidden really, as they tell us almost right away that she's more than just her "Mistress" persona, but she really loves everything cutesy and plush, despite being able to cow a T-Rex with her eyes alone.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Loves cats. She even adopts a kitten she names Nin-Nin, who, while initially scared by her eyes, starts to bond with her. It helps that her gaze managed to scare away some bully cats.
- Ninja: Her fighting style is a mix of ninjutsu and capoeira.
- Ship Tease: With Monty's Djinni friend, Joe.
- Victory Through Intimidation: When Mistress wants to scare someone into submission, her scary eyes can go to downright terrifying!
Aljabra GihomOne of Gina's archaeology students, who has a supernatural ability to attune and communicate with heroic artifacts. Is implied to be an aspect of Array/Summoner with no knowledge of her origins.
- Adventurer Archaeologist: A given, as she's one of Gina's students.
- Ambiguously Human: Heavily implied to be a stray Array magend/body.
- Ancient Artifact: Can communicate with and even use heroic artifacts.
- Genius Ditz: Super knowledgeable about artifacts, but can't even work a mechanic latch.
- Henshin Hero: Can get a costume change when activating artifact powers.
- Sleepyhead: Is often falling asleep, and is often mistaken for a piece of furniture by Gina when asleep.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has bright pink hair.
Vaphne BlinklyOne of Gina's students, and the avatar of an ancient Germanic fertility goddess.
- Adventurer Archaeologist: One of Gina's students.
- Bi the Way: Has had naughty fantasies about both male and female classmates.
- Covert Pervert: Vaphne presents herself as a scholarly maiden and claims to be saving herself for Mr. Right, but when she turns on her fertility goddess powers, several of her classmates find out she's been having naughty fantasies about them.
- Composite Character: The brains and glasses of Velma, the appearance of Daphne.
- Physical Goddess: The avatar of an ancient Germanic fertility goddess, like how Xane is the Nubian avatar of battle.
- Power Incontinence: Has a little trouble controlling her powers.
Shoobi RobertsOne of Gina's students. He has a panic disorder and can see dead people.
- Adventurer Archaeologist: One of Gina's students.
- Composite Character: Seems to be a combo of both Shaggy and Scooby.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Majors in mechanical engineering.
Eddie JonesOne of Gina's students and a paranormal C.S.I. expert. Has a crush on Paul.
- Adventurer Archaeologist: One of Gina's students.
- Expy: Of Fred Jones.
- Paranormal Investigation: His specialty. Has gotten at least six cryptids recognized as species.
AlenaOne of Gina's students, Alena comes from a tribe of African telekinetics, hers only works on plants.
- Adventurer Archaeologist: One of Gina's students.
- Green Thumb: Her TK allows her to control and communicate with plants.
- Mind over Matter: Has plant based telekinesis. She later finds a book of knowledge her tribe lost centuries ago that reveals to her how she can use her TK to manipulate ether (basically Earth's Background Magical Field) in order to cast some minor spells despite not having any actual magical talent.
- Ship Tease: With V'ayt.
Kylie LabranchOne of Gina's students, and the world's most prolific collector of the strange and weird.
- Adventurer Archaeologist: One of Gina's students.
- Collector of the Strange: Yes. She even wears a jacket with lots of pockets to haul some of it around with her.
- Skunk Stripe: Has a purple stripe in the front of her otherwise white hair.
- One of Gina's students, who gained the ability to control "fashion nightmare" clothing after an incident.
- Adventurer Archaeologist: One of Gina's students.
- Clothes Make the Superman: He can use his clothes to activate certain abilities.
- Living Clothes: His clothes are alive and aware.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Is obsessed with/terrified of zombies, and tends to insert them into his otherwise fine theories and observations.
Paul UlyssesOne of Gina's students, and a collector of Greek artifacts, which led him to find the Olympian Venus.
- Adventurer Archaeologist: One of Gina's students.
- Ancient Artifact: Is about as good as finding them as Aljabra is at communing with them, and that's how how he met Venus.
VenusAn Olympian Goddess, weakened and bound to the shield of Mars that Paul wields.
- Physical Goddess: Yes. She does not take the possibility that the Olympians are descended from the Gardeners well, because that would mean she's not as divine.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: With Vaphne and Alena.
- Troll: Likes messing with the students.
Anton FystOne of Gina's students, head of the campus's ghost hunting club.
- Adventurer Archaeologist: One of Gina's students.
- Let's Split Up, Gang: He says it at one point, but was just kidding.
- Paranormal Investigation: Heads the campus's ghost hunters.
V'aytOn of Gina's students, V'ayt has no memories of his past, and has a mysterious collar that cannot be removed around his neck. Is actually the dragon Fauntleroy with no memory of his past.
Penelope "Penny" Koss (nee Pincer)
A fellow explorer and former rival to Gina. (They swapped many a wedgie in the early days of the comic.)
- Hollywood Nerd
- Omnidisciplinary Scientist: She's almost as bad as Gina, which is probably one of the reasons for their earlier rivalry. (She's better in medicine, chemistry, and ballistics.)
- Parental Substitute: For her long-time partner Charlotte, a genetically engineered harpy with the mind of a child.
- Reformed, but Not Tamed: Although she's moved on from her more underhanded tactics at the start of the series, Penny's still more ruthless than Gina. (And her prank war with Gina started heating back up again for a while.)
- The Rival: She used to be Gina's for a long while, though they made up and became partners. Skippy, pushed really by Dark Bird until more recent issues, is this to her for Kevin's affections.
- Sassy Black Woman
- Single-Target Sexuality: She's only ever had eyes for Kevin "Ace" Koss, and it was only recently that they finally made it official.
- Straight Arrow: Penny's Weapon of Choice is the crossbow. They're actually Magnetic Weapons (that fire crossbow bolts), but the bow parts are all fully functional as a redundancy.
- They Do: Eventually ties the knot with Kevin.
Kevin "Ace" Koss
A pilot-for-hire, who is a close friend (and frequent transport) of Gina's, as well as Penny's new husband. Considered to be one of the best pilots on Earth.
- Ace Pilot: Has been known to give jet fighters a run for their money in a cargo plane.
- All Love Is Unrequited: He feels like this towards Skippy, an ace pilot in Dark Bird's employ, though not without some guilt since Skippy is a genuinely nice person who just happens to work for someone ruthless.
- Insistent Terminology: Very much prefers to be called "Ace" instead of his real name.
- Only Sane Man
- The Rival: To Dark Bird, or as she would say, "Dark Boid."
CharlotteA bio-engineered harpy unleashed by the villain Alfred Peachbody as a mindless attack beast. After Peachbody's defeat, she started to develop her own will and personality, and was taken in by Penny as a bodyguard (much like Brit is to Gina).
- Cheerful Child: Although this may fade, as she's begun entering the equivalent of early adolescence.
- Grew Beyond Their Programming: Was originally just a biological weapon, but has grown into a lovable person who will do her best to defend her friends.
- Lightning Bruiser: According to Penny, she is stronger and maybe even faster than Britanny. It's mostly her attitude and innocence that hold her back.
- Shipper on Deck: Has started shipping people, like Penny and Kevin, Dao and Madrid, and Tiff and Pojo, with special focus on how cute their babies would be.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Peanuts. She's just as bad as Brit is about Tuna (maybe worse).
- Winged Humanoid: She looks mostly human, except the yellow, feathered skin and wings, and talons for hands/feet.
- Younger Than They Look: Despite her adult body, Charlotte has only been in existence as a sapient being for a few years and has the mentality of a kid. She gets along very well with Tiffany, and they even go to school together.
An elite group of warriors who help keep the peace on the magical realm of Jade. Many members of the Northern Edge-Guard are werecats.
- Captain Ersatz: Most of the original members of the guard were pretty much based on the ThunderCats (1985). Indeed, their names are anagrams. The joke was that their team had an obvious opening for a Cheetah, if Brit was interested.
- Summon to Hand: And they can all do this with their respective weapons.
OnoliThe leader of the Edge-Guard.
- The Leader
- Yin-Yang Bomb: has two swords representing opposite principles, Seraphim for positive energy and Necro for negative.
- Handsome Lech
- The Lancer
- Playing with Fire: His signature weapon.
Garfield "Gar" SilvearA werejaguar who was trained by Julia Diggers.
- Can Not Spit It Out: He could never voice his feelings for Brittany, until it was too late.
- Disney Death: Gar is fatally wounded during the Black Gate arc, but Julia is able to use a version of the Renewing Breath technique to revive him. At the cost of the life of her martial arts master, Leep - freely and knowingly given.
- The Lancer: Down to wielding a lightning spear.
Garfield's younger sister and Raphael and Calandra's current superior.
- Badass Adorable: In Sheila's werejaguar form she's small, she's cute, she knows it, and is at least as badass as most of her teammates.
- The Chick: The only female member of the Edge Guard in their first few appearances.
- Glass Cannon: Her human form has all the power (and body), but her hybrid form has the regeneration and invulnerability. She stays in her hybrid form to avoid being one.
- Mundane Utility: Sheila has been known to use her ice sword to chill her drinks.
- Older Than They Look: Her hybrid form looks like a teenager. A young teenager.
- Tsundere: She has a thing for Tirga, but can't stand his womanizing ways. She promised herself not to admit her feelings to Tirga until he is ready to be monogamous with her.
- The Big Guy
- Genius Bruiser
- Hidden Depths: He's a talented musician, which no one knew for some time.
- The Smart Guy
RaphielA were-cheetah who just happened to show up the day of Brittany's wedding. Was eventually revealed to be a golem created by a romantic rival, who tried to destroy him for failing to break up Brit and her fiancé. Brianna was able to save a piece that contained his "soul" and, with some help from the villainess Array, eventually gave him a real body. He currently serves in the Northern Edge Guard.
- Clones Are People, Too: How Brianna sees him, in a Not So Different way from her own situation, and why she went to such lengths to save him.
- Sixth Ranger
- Speaks Fluent Animal: A rare talent he's discovered to have.
SilAn Amazon Breeder who was taken with Raphiel. Unfortunately, her attempts to get into his pants eventually resulted into her being cursed.
- Action Mom: Breeders are fertile Amazons whose primary duty is to seek out suitable mates and birth new members of the tribe. Before/between/after that, they're as tough as any Amazon.
- Sadly, a later GD issue revealed that uncursing Sil has also rendered her sterile.
- Baleful Polymorph: Got turned into a Were-Wabbit.
- Killer Wabbit: Wabbits look like cute little bunnies with long tails, but they're carnivorous, have Absurdly Sharp Blades on the end of those tails, and can infect people like a were-creature and turn them into Wabbits.
- Petting Zoo People: When we see Sil and Raph again, she's at least regained a humanoid (Wabbit-based) form, but apparently at the cost of her fertility.
- Team Pet: As a wabbit.
CalandraA werelioness who trains with Raph and Sheila.
- My God, What Have I Done?: After discovering that Ash Deer are Ashlanders Baleful Polymorphed at birth to suppress their Power Incontinence. She'd been hunting Ash deer for bounty.
- Plain Jane: Flat out called one by Tirga. Not so much ugly as normal and unexotic next to a number of the others in the female cast.
- Sixth Ranger
- Work Off the Debt: Owes a huge amount of money to the Ashlanders for poaching their deer. She later finds out she got off lightly.
The world's former equivalent to the Justice League or Avengers, the group quit openly superheroing after a costly final battle against their nemesis made them realize his actions (and many lesser threats) were as much vendettas against them as they were about his own ambitions. Restructuring themselves as a Men In Black-like organization, they fight supervillains as anonymously as possible to keep budding bad guys from having a target to fixate on.
Agent M / MiracleLeader of the Agency and all around heroic person. Partner of Agent Gia (Stryyp).
- Captain Ersatz: He's the local 'Superman'.
- Hope Bringer: As Miracle. After a particularly bad incident, he decided it wasn't worth the trouble it attracted and decided the heroes would be best served by going 'zero profile' instead.
- The Mentor: M's grooming Stryyp to be his successor.
- Time Stands Still: M's greatest power, he can briefly pause time allowing him to save the day 'like a miracle.' Unfortunately, it's effectively Cast from Hit Points, so repeated use can leave him looking like crap.
Debra / D'bra / Agent Star Platinum
- See Dragons
XaneThe Nubian Avatar of Battle
- Amazonian Beauty: Even by the standards of Gold Digger!
- Boisterous Bruiser
- Beautiful Lech: If you take Gina's, Brianna's, and Tirga's pervertedness and multiply that by fifty, you'd be close to Xane's level of perversion. She's ALWAYS trying to get an... unadorned look, shall we say, at all the beefcake she's surrounded by.
- Laser-Guided Karma: And the way Crush treats her is this for all those times she's tried to see the guys she works with in the buff.
- Legacy Character: One of Fred's DeviantArt sketches has her as the fourth incarnation of her line, and shows brief notes about her predecessors. "The other avatars' spirits kind of think she's an underachiever."
- Super Strength: She describes herself as "taking Hercules' milk money", and throws dragons around.
Barbara "Crush" Duncan
Former partner of Crimson Avenger. Introduced as a Boxed Cape working for Tirant; eventually joined Agency Zero.
- Amazonian Beauty
- Gay Bravado: During her first encounter with Xane, the agent forcefully refuses to let Crush help bring her fellow escaped prisoners back to jail. Barbara eventually manages to take Xane's mind off the topic with a little prison-style flirtation. "You smell nice. And up close I can see... you got a real... pretty... mouth." Crush immediately gets to work while Xane spends the next two pages recovering from the shock. When Crush is released after the storyline and partners with Xane in Agency Zero, she keeps doing this — sometimes apparently without trying.
- Genius Bruiser: Invented the chemical that gave her powers, and generally smart.
- Size Shifter: Able to go from her natural, very small size to a towering amazon.
- Super Strength: In her large form
- Must Make Amends: While being blackmailed by Tirant, she gave in to her role for long enough to brutally kill someone she thought was a vicious gangster... but was really an undercover cop. Despite having all records of her crimes erased when Crime Syndicate X was defeated, she turned herself in for whatever crimes she could be charged with, and actively resisted her former partner's efforts to grant her parole. She eventually came to terms with her mistake, and was released to join Agency Zero.
NOT a member of Agency Zero, though not for lack of job offers. Former partner of Britanny when they were both high-school superheroes ('Pink Avenger and the Cheet').
- Badass Normal
- Bash Brothers: First with Cheets, then with Crush.
- Broken Pedestal: The Agency Zero members are this to her with their zero-visibility policy.
- Building Swing
- Fangirl: Of Miracle and several of the other old-guard supers... which is why she's also disappointed they've gone the zero visibility route instead of standing up to inspire.
D'bra / Debra / Agent Star PlatinumCurrent Dragon Queen and former superhero and office manager.
- Child by Rape: Is a product of T'mat's violation by Dreadwing
- Large and in Charge: The largest of all the dragons.
- Guile Hero: Debra made her human form to be small and agile knowing some of the time a smart adventuress and not a giant dragon is what the situation calls for.
- Office Lady
- Our Dragons Are Different: Platinum dragons lack wings per se, instead having "ether vents" allowing them to channel magic like jets to hover or fly in straight lines at incredible speed.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: At 5'4", her human form isn't exactly imposing, but it still packs all the strength of her draconic form.
- Really 700 Years Old: She is thousands of years old, despite her rather demure and youthful appearance. So much so that she refers Fauntleroy as a "little boy."
- Royals Who Actually Do Something
- Wizards and Witches: The Agency Zero's former magic user. Her five-minute-amnesia spells help a lot in Agency Zero keeping to the 'zero profile' part of it's mission.
Queen T'matFormer queen of the dragons and D'bra's mother.
- Artificial Limbs: Her hand is a magical prosthetic.
- Berserk Button: Anything to do with Dreadwing. Even simply hearing about Dreadwing's actions unnerves her.
- Easily Forgiven: Britanny forgave her for trying to enslave for her powers, Master Ecko forgave her for almost killing him and Tark, Mesha and Brod forgave her for everything that happened at the Retreat.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Like her daughter, she is a platinum dragon.
- Protagonist-Centered Morality: Her kidnapping and torture of Tark and Mesha goes unmentioned and unpunished, as well as the various acts of murder, assault and terrorism that she committed trying to get them back after Brod rescued them.
- Rape as Backstory: She and Dreadwing were close companions since childhood, but Dreadwing grew to hate her after she was named Brood Queen and defeated him in combat for the right. T'mat came to hate him after he used to Time Raft kill to mutilate and rape her.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something
- God Save Us from the Queen!: Her actions at the Retreat.
- Scars Are Forever
Montgomery / PhyrogothHead of the Adventurer Society, martial arts champion, and former dragon.
- Large and in Charge: He's over seven feet tall and covered in muscle as a human.
- Golem: What his 'human' body really is, after his original body died and his spirit was transferred to an artificial one to save his life.
- Heel–Face Turn: Upon his first death.
- Hetero Life Mate: With Jotaru , the djinn
- Summon to Hand: He can do this with his shotgun. It may not be a BFS, but damn if it doesn't pack a wallop.
- The Atoner: When he was a dragon, he partnered with one of the worst in pursuit of power, betrayed an elf he fell in love with... and now he seeks to make up for what he's done and free her trapped spirit.
- National Anthem: As a fighter, he uses 'God Save the Queen' as his theme music when he enters the arena.
The Vaultron ForceFive Leprechauns who pilot robotic shoes that form one 'giant' human-sized robot. They help the Diggers sisters, especially Brianna, who helped them build their robots, on several occasions.
- Captain Ersatz: Of the Voltron Force, obviously.
- Combining Mecha
- Luck Manipulation Mechanic: Being leprechauns, some of their magical special moves are luck-based.
Leader of the Vaultron Force.
- Badass Beard: Sports a long, blond beard that looks similar to the one seen on Pai Mei in the Kill Bill series.
- Distracted by the Sexy: In one issue, he gets distracted by the curves on O'Lura's Black Sheep sister, O'Mommah. O'Lura is understandably distressed.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: He's never one to kill if he can help it.
Erwin "Pee-Wee" Talon
A super-genius at genetic engineering despite having yet to reach puberty. Was one of Gina's Rogues Gallery until he was placed in an advanced class for genius kids. He has since calmed down and befriended Jetta and Thabian's son Pojo.
- Break the Haughty: After going to the APS school, he finally learns that he doesn't know everything when it takes him several days to figure out something literally All There in the Manual (the second page of the textbook).
- Child Prodigy: As explained in his character description.
- Homeschooled Kid: During his "Lord Talon" phase, it was all but stated that his mother was teaching him; this was made explicit during the story in Tiffany and Charlotte where Erwin's mother was persuaded that it would be good for him to learn next to children his own age. Sure enough, the story revolves around Erwin being forced to learn social skills in a hurry. (Since the school is an Extranormal Institute, his minions didn't work out as a crutch.)
- Older Than They Look: He was eight years old when he was introduced which would mean he's currently around seventeen years old in universe, although his design hasn't been changed to reflect this. He looks barely older than the eight year old Pojo.
- Quirky Miniboss Squad: His first three minions were Galford/Daishi (a stoic Ninja), Zelda (a bald, Amazonian bully), and Ionis (a magic user); he later hired a Similar Squad as replacements (who each had unpleasant histories with their counterparts), but eventually decided to keep all six on the payroll after the original three finally managed to defeat Britanny for once.
- See Villains
- See Villains
Lydia Iceron McKraken
A blonde, waifish were-rat girl with a very headstrong attitude, best known for unleashing streams of profanity when under stress (or just when speaking in general). She is the de facto leader of of the "Mall Rats" and has proven herself to be effective, though at times she can be more bossy than necessary. In the Throne of Shadows special mini-series, Lydia also shows that she'd rather her friends hate her than see them die. She is later revealed to be the daughter of Gothwrain and Sherisha.
- Cluster F-Bomb
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: At times she shows willingness to sacrifice herself for her friends' safety.
A blue-haired were-rat, Romeo is the only male of the group and seemingly the lowest on the totem pole. (In fact, he's just as good a fighter and assassin as his two friends/lovers; he's simply more willing to take their punishment for the sake of group harmony.) He is overly dramatic in a quasi-Shakespearean manner. While Lydia is the best combat leader, Romeo could be seen as the group's emotional anchor, ever the demonstrative and cautious individual.
The Chick of the Mall Rats, a purple-haired were-rat. She is best known for her very large chest, having some of the most generous proportions in the comic. She speaks in Valley Girl and acts bored in most circumstances. Chosen to be one of Lydia's friends from birth.
DreadwingThe Big Bad of the series. Originally a iron dragon who tyrannized dragon society with the Time Raft, he was sent hurtling through time and space by Gina when he tried to force her to fix the device. He was pulled out by Ancient Gina as a pawn in her plan to save the universe. He is currently battling her to get full control of the Infinity Engine, a device the two are building that allows control of reality.
- Ambiguously Brown: His human form has brown skin, though what nationality or race this might be is open to debate. It might just be a case of Color-Coded for Your Convenience, as Ancient Gina's skin is very fair.
- Assimilation Backfire: Absorbing the two were-rats not only resulted in their kleptomania affecting him (in addition to their spirits hanging around), and leaving him vulnerable to the Death Glare effect were-cheetahs like Brittany have on were-rats, but his reliance on the attributes gained rendered him helpless when Benji emerged from his hiding place deep within their shared form and managed to undo the fusion.
- Bad Boss: Views all his subordinates as minions/slaves, and threatens and abuses them. This backfires on him when Array arranges his downfall with the aid of some of his other disgruntled minions.
- Big Bad
- Breakout Villain
- Card-Carrying Villain
- Cosmic Plaything: Pretty much every major event in his life up to his first defeat by Gina was this.
- Depower: His attempt to steal the Ancient One's power resulted in him being split from Benji, the wererats and Suprema. This resulted in him turning back into his original, boneless dragon form.
- The Dog Bites Back: Ancient Gina hoped that the fear of her would keep Dreadwing in line; however, Dreadwing knows that Ancient Gina needs him alive and powerful enough to help her finish the Infinity Engine, so he openly defies whats she wants him to do whenever the opportunity arises.
- The Dreaded
- Fusion Dance: Uses he "Fusion" spell to absorb several other beings to increase his powers after learning about it from Peachbody.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Dragons today, and seasoned readers, shudder to hear his name.
- Orcus on His Throne
- Out-Gambitted: Tricked by his underlings into undoing his fusion, leaving him weak, boneless and at their mercy.
- Pragmatic Villainy: While Dreadwing would rather just murder and torture everyone to get what he wants, the situation he's in requires alliances and subtlety.
- Rape Is a Special Kind of Evil: Wanting to remove any sort of love T'mat had for him, he tortured her and finally raped her. He hoped to impregnate her, so she would be reminded of him every time she looked at their child. While T'mat loathes Dreadwing to no end, she loves her daughter unconditionally.
- The Sociopath: Has no empathy at all, tends to assume the altruistic actions of others are covers for malicious purposes, and torments his slaves gleefully.
- Stripped to the Bone: How it seemed he was defeated, but it turned out to be inverted.
- Time Master: When he had the power of the Time Raft.
- Too Spicy for Yog Sothoth: After Peachbody fused with him, he eventually took over their body and forced him out.
- Or forcing dragons to ritually mutilate their own mates as a show of loyalty... On pain of murdering their entire clutch of hatchlings.
- Villain Ball: Despite the threat he poses, few of Dreadwing's plans have actually succeeded, usually due to some error or posturing on his part. And the few successes he does has usually end up getting undone or backfire on him.
- Your Size May Vary: His demi-dragon form can be anywhere from slightly larger than his human form to slightly smaller than Debra, the largest dragon.
Gothwrain IceronOnce, he was the creator of the the werewolves and other lycanthropic races, but when his favorite slave, Sherisha, wanted freedom for her people, Iceron had her punished. Sherisha then killed him, but he got better, and in return, he created the were-cats to hunt down the were-rats. When he discovered one breed, the were-cheetahs, could catch rats faster than any of the other types, he gave them an ability called the "Doom Gaze" that could freeze were-rats and shock them out of their hybrid forms. However, Iceron was unaware that Sherisha had infected him with lycanthropy, which didn't kick in until after he finished his project, meaning he suddenly became a target of his own creation. As a were-rat, Gothwrain sought the destruction of the were-cheetah clan and nearly succeeded, but Theodore Diggers intervened, saving the last one.
- Badass Grandpa
- Came Back Wrong
- Came Back Strong: With all the strength, speed, and cunning befitting a were-rat.
- The Chessmaster: He is quite possibly the most ingeniously dangerous villain in the Gold Digger universe. Pretty much every terrible thing that happened in Theodore Diggers' life was set up by him, especially making sure Jonathan Diggers became the Lich King.
- Demoted to Dragon: Once Dreadwing found him.
- Evil Old Folks
- Faux Affably Evil: He has an air of sophistication and is rarely seen without a cigar in his mouth, but this only serves to further heighten the feeling of dread that surrounds him.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: He created were-people and was killed by his favorite were-rat after he began to abuse his creations. He had charmed himself to come back to life and upgraded were-cats to kill were-rats, especially were-cheetahs, but the lycanthrophy he was unknowingly inflicted with turned him into a were-rat,not only making him a target of the were-cheetahs but also a slave of Sherisha and thanks to the "ageless shell" spell, the only way to gain control back is to kill himself. And after he got control back, the "paradise" he thought he was escaping to was really Dreadwing's realm.
- Made a Slave: By Dreadwing.
- Really 700 Years Old: Thanks to the ageless shell, he and Sherisha's bodies only age a season every 20 years. He later made the two of them even younger with a youth spell.
- Restrained Revenge: Despite everything Sherisha did to him, Gothwrain still loved her, but he still wanted revenge. So when he found a way to escape his curse and enter what he thought was paradise, he offered to take her with him if she accepted his part of the pain that would occur during the obliteration needed to get there.
- Staying Alive
- Stealth Mentor: His harsh training on Lydia and the other Mall Rats was to prepare her to rule Dark Home, the kingdom of the were-rats. Notably, the training forced the trio to overcome their culture's case of Chronic Backstabbing Disorder and become True Companions — a priceless asset for a young ruler.
SherishaSherisha, the near-immortal leader of the were-rat clan and co-founder of a giant criminal empire.
- Evil Old Folks
- Faux Affably Evil
- Never Mess with Granny
- Phlebotinum Rebel: One of Iceron's orignal generation of were-creatures, and his personal servant — until she betrayed and killed him, which led to him becoming her were-rat thrall.
- Really 700 Years Old: Sherisha may be slightly younger than Gothwrain, but is still a looker.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: Despite having full control of Gothwrain, she mostly left him alone and allowed him to carry his plans in privacy.
SerpentusFormer tyrant ruler of the Ork Republic and attempted genocidal conqueror of Jade Realm. Fifty years ago, he took over the Dwarven people's land and attempted to take over Jag's Lair thirty years ago. Julia and G'nolga were able defeat him, but Dreadwing freed him to gain his assistance in his conquest of Jade Realm.
- Abusive Parent: When Julia had him chained up, his own daughter was so scared of him that she would only bring him food once or twice a week.
- Black Magic: Reaper magic, a type of magic which uses the auras of others instead of one's own, which he is the sole known user of.
- Demotedto Dragon: Another of Dreadwing's.
- The Dreaded
- Evil Overlord
- Our Liches Are Different: Became a lich after G'nolga let go of her hate for him and his body was killed.
- The Powerof Hate: Serpentus has a good reason to make everyone, even his own people, hate him. His power comes from literally ripping hate out of a person's aura and forging it into a weapon. So, the more people hate him, the more powerful they become.
- Pragmatic Villainy: He knows that the best way to betray Dreadwing is to suck up to him until the time is right.
- The Starscream
- Reminiscing About Your Victims: Remembers G'nolga well enough to remember when he killed her father.
TirantThe former William Justice of the Wonder Friends. After his parents were killed battling a super villain, he took up a new name and became a villain himself.
- Alas, Poor Villain: He finally understood why his parents did what they did.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: He originally rescued Array because of the horrible injustice of her captivity, and she was constantly by his side as he became a more and more dangerous villain, their love for each other eventually paving the way for his redemption.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: Went from being a gang leader appearing as the Arc Villain of a two-issue storyline to almost gaining the power to conquer Jade Realm, and died as a major character.
- Face–Heel Turn / Heel–Face Turn: He started out as a superhero like the rest of his family, went bad when he became determined to escape the fate of his forebears, then proved he was a hero all along by making the ultimate sacrifice to save Array.
- Heroic Sacrifice: The entire reason Tirant became a super villain was because after his parents died, he learned that every member of his family since the 1920s died in the name of justice and that (he thought) everyone expected him to do be willing to do the same.
- He would later willingly give his life in order to save Array and their allies from T'mat. Array is currently being blackmailed into working for Dreadwing with the promise of bringing Tirant back to life.
- Rescue Romance: With Array, after he freed her from the lab where she was held captive.
- Shame If Something Happened: In order to get Crush to work for him, he threatened her family. He intended to do the same towards Avenger.
Array a.k.a. SummonerThe girlfriend of Tirant and one of the ancient Enigmas of Merlin. She has the power to materialize alternate personas at will, with almost any powers and abilities she wishes — all cooperating in fulfilling Tirant's plans. She eventually discovers each persona she creates is also an ultra-powerful magend — a living draconic spell. Currently working for Dreadwing in exchange for bringing Tirant back to life.
- Dragon Ascendant: Tricked Dreadwing into separating from those he has fused with, leaving him weak and boneless and allowing her to use both him and his resources to her own ends.
- Evil Knockoff: As a side benefit of helping Brianna restore Raphiel to life, she was able to create her "Shrike" persona, a pink-and-purple-furred were-cheetah persona suspiciously like Britanny.
- Identity Amnesia: Array is one of the Enigmas Merlin created to give magic to dragons and allow them to rise up against their oppressive creators. At some point, she lost her memories and was captured by Sherisha.
- Me's a Crowd: Every time Array summons a new persona, it continues to exist in her mind, allowing her to summon again it whenever it's needed. There's currently over one hundred personalities in Array's head, all somehow working in sync with each other.
- Morphic Resonance: All of Array's personas have pink hair; Shrike's were-cheetah forms have a mixture of pink and purple fur.
- They also tend to resemble famous figures in the department of their talenta, for example, an archaeology personality looks like Gina.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Array becomes sympathetic to Brianna and Raphiel's various flavors of Cloning Blues while her judge and sheriff personas are throwing the book at her in Jade Realm, so she breaks Brianna out and figures out how to use her ability to create a new body for Raphiel. Of course, in exchange Array receives a pair of heroes in the right place to coincidentally stop Tirant from using a giant golem to conquer Jade (and ruining all her work subverting it for both of them). Plus, this apparently also helped Array create her were-cheetah persona, Shrike.
- Phlebotinum Rebel: Freed from being a test subject for Sherisha, only to work against her (and the heroes who weren't able to go against her).
- Rescue Romance: When Sherisha found the amnesiac Summoner, she proceeded to spend years tearing off her body parts in the hope of creating her own magends. And since political connections and the law were on her side, no hero could stop her. Luckily, Tirant came across Array while trying to rob Sherisha's lab and rescued her. They've been in love ever since, and Array gained a healthy disrespect for the forces of law and order in the process.
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?: The reason Sherisha was allowed to continue with her experiments on Array was because Array is technically not human, and therefore has no rights.
FauntleroyFormerly an infamous dragon thief and criminal, now human after crossing the wrong wizard. A member of the World Explorers Society, he hopes to find a way to return his draconic powers. Thanks to his father, when he was executed for his crimes he was really reincarnated as V'ayt.
- Bold Explorer: Fauntleroy is this at his core.
- Humanity Ensues: After trying to rob a rather powerful wizard, Fauntleroy was stuck in human form, although he still had enhanced strength.
- Humans Are Special: Despite having found a way to regain his dragon form, Fauntleroy chose to stay human to see what else he could learn from being one.
- Identity Amnesia: His ultimate fate. See Raise Him Right This Time.
- Informed Attribute: He apparently has committed enough crimes to warrant the death penalty, despite his onscreen crimes not being any worse than other villains who were just sent to jail. Possibly a result of differences between the human and dragon legal systems.
- Raise Him Right This Time: Fauntleroy's father felt personally responsible for how he turned out. So at his son's execution, he used illusion magic to fake his death and proceeded to use a Reversion spell on him, purging him of all memories and evil influence and reverting him to a teenager. He left him in Gina's care to insure he turned out better.
- True Companions: He actually does cares about his wives and kept his promise about turning them into dragons. He also told them that they no longer had to follow him if they wanted, which they refused.
UmbraAn Eldritch Abomination that seeks to devour all of reality.
- Bad Boss: It creates and devours alternate realities and tricks the survivors into helping it, making them think they can save their already destroyed eras by helping it destroy the prime era.
- Create Your Own Hero: The Ginas that make up the Collective are the remains of the realities it devoured.
- Eldritch Abomination: It's an anti-quantum being so alien it can only manifest fully in reality if unobserved.
- Omnicidal Maniac: Wants to eat the universe.
- Orcus on His Throne: The Umbra is an anti-quantum entity, meaning it cannot exist in the prime era if it's being observed. Therefore, it enlists the help of alternate realities to kill those who would observe it.
- Power of the Void: It has the ability to fragment the prime era to make and devour alternate realities.
- She Knows Too Much: It devoured Evil Gina when she learned the truth about what happened to her reality.
- Spacetime Eater: Consumes existence.
- Time Abyss: Is older than the universe itself.
- Ultimate Evil: Implied to be the formless evil that Ancient Gina seeks to stop.