Characters: Flunk Punk Rumble
Characters for the Flunk Punk Rumble
/Yankee-kun to Megane-chan
manga. Under construction.
open/close all folders
"Main Characters/ Monshiro Student Council"
The female protagonist and former Student Council President
. Four years later, she abruptly reappears and enrolls in Monshiro High as a student again.
Our male protagonist and former
Student Council Co-Vice President. Four years later, he graduates from Tono University, and although he originally wanted to become a government employee, he chose to work at Monshiro High as a teacher instead.
- Badass Normal
- Chick Magnet: Complete with a Token Mini-Moe. This dude has had every named female character, save one or two, fall for him.
- Delinquent: The titular "Yankee-kun".
- The Drag-Along: Much of the fun in earlier volumes comes from Shinagawa reluctantly complying with Hana and co.'s shenaningans.
- Failed a Spot Check: Completely unable to recognize Hana as the girl he fell in love with at the entry exam and the one who gave him his scar.
- Genius Bruiser: see the Obfuscating Stupidity entry below.
- The Hero
- Idiot Hero: Subverted in his backstory. It's revealed that he was formerly one of the top two students at Japan's top Junior High.
- And the subversion continues as Shinagawa gets into Japan's top university.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Actually a nice guy underneath the rough exterior, especially towards Hana though he goes tsuntsun most times with her.
- Manly Tears: Chapter 209, his graduation speech
- Also results in everyone else crying.
- Megane: In middle school. And of the studious variety. It serves as explanation toward how he was even eligible for Monshiro High in the first place.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: It's implied that Shinagawa was actually a brilliant student in the Bonus strip. In chapters 150 and 151, these implications are more or less confirmed when his backstory is explored. Before he became a delinquent in junior high, he was one of the top students at his school, complete with natural-colored hair and glasses. And not just any junior high, but the top school in the country.
- Teacher/Student Romance: Maybe.
- Tsundere: Interesting in that he relatively quickly admits that he is fond of Hana and the Student Council.
Seiya Chiba Former
Student Council Treasurer. Used to be a major hikikomori
before Shinagawa and Adachi convinced him to come back to school to keep his grades up. Since then he stayed with them and is grateful that they consider him a friend. Although he's often thought to be a delinquent because of his eyes he's actually just a very shy young man that wants to make some ordinary friends. Four years later, he's officially going out with Makoto and studying to become a doctor.
Rinka Himeji Former
Student Council Secretary. Used to be Adachi's "right hand man" in middle school and nicknamed 'The Bloody Pantheress.' Four years later, she's working hard in order to take over her family's company one day as CEO.
- The Chick
- Chickification: She was introduced as Adachi's former right-hand-woman, who had a fairly strong reputation as a fighter. By Chapter 55, she doesn't even seem capable of taking on a couple of Mooks. She gets more and more girly; always cleaning some mess with her broom, interested in makeup and clothes and generally coming as the weakest member of the gang, even behind Chiba, since nobody is taking her seriously. Jokingly acknowledged in chapter 119 when she attempts to invoke an Expository Hairstyle Change.
- Informed Ability: Despite her position and nickname, she's never actually seen fighting.
- Large Ham: Though she quiets down after a few chapters.
- Moe: In-universe. She seems to have a Dojikko reputation. Her small size does not help either. She even got a chapter cover as a clumsy Meido.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade B
Gaku Izumi Former
Student Council Co-Vice President. Second highest grades and second strongest fighter. Four years later, he's aiming to become a lawyer.
"Previous Monshiro Student Council"
One year older than the main cast, Akita is the former president of the Student Council. He's usually an easygoing, peaceful and laid back person. Just never ever call him a girl
, or simply say the word when he's around
. Four years later, he's still dating Kairi.
- Ax-Crazy: Would attack anyone in berserk mode, save for Hana.
- Berserk Button: Being called a girl. Or believing someone called him a girl.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: You would never believe he can effortlessly curb-stomp Shinagawa and Izumi both at the same time.
- The Dreaded: For Shinagawa and Izumi. He's probably the sole person they're genuinely scared of.
- Which sucks for Izumi, who had been determined to fight the boyfriend of the girl he was crushing on, only to find out it was Akita. And it also sucks for Shinagawa, because the person Akita is dating is his sister.
- Dogged Nice Guy: To Kairi. Lucky for him, it worked.
- Eyes Always Shut: However, when you push his Berserk Button...
- Good Eyes, Evil Eyes: Evil eyes when in berserk mode.
- Groin Attack: The usual way to put him back to his normal self. Has to be performed by a girl to actually work. Hmmm...
- Iconic Item: Akita is rarely seen without a fan (he actually collects them). When he drops it, you'd better flee.
- Nice Guy: Akita is the nicest guy in the world most of the time.
- Not a Morning Person: He was so often late at school that it almost made him double his 3rd year.
- Sempai/Kohai: Akita sometimes shamelessly exploits this towards the new student council.
- Slasher Smile: When you pushed his Berserk Button.
- Student Council President: Before Hana.
- Twisting the Words: More than once, he went berserk while the conversation was really about a girl and not at all about him.
"Next Monshiro Student Council"
The next Monshiro Student Council President after Hana, he's a former biker underling of Izumi's. Four years later, he's a policeman.
- Ax-Crazy: Was depicted this way in the posters meant to slander him during the election.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: The reason why he transferred into Monshiro and decided to run for the Student Council is because he thinks they are a bozoku. To be fair, the portrayals of the Student Council he's seen so far doesn't convince people otherwise.
Monshiro Student Council Vice-President. He's also a delinquent, and lives extremely close to Monshiro.
The other Vice-President, she's a former cheerleader and the only first-year student on the Student Council.
- Comically Missing the Point: When the opposition hung up posters portraying her as a slut in order to slander her during the election, she was furious because they photoshopped her face onto a girl who only has C-cup boobs when hers are clearly D-cup.
- Trademark Favorite Food: She loves ice-cream, and visits the ice-cream parlour everyday after school.
"The Shinagawa Family"
- Badass Family: There's Shinagawa himself, his father who can kick his ass with little effort and is a world-class surgeon, his mother the international lawyer, his sister who scares the crap outta him sometimes, his sister's boyfriend Akita, one of the top three fighters in the entire series, and sorta adopted son Yoh Adachi, who is another of the top three fighters in the entire series. You really wouldn't want to mess with them.
A world-class surgeon and Shinagawa Daichi's father. He recently returned to Japan after staying abroad for three years.
- Badass: Anyone who can beat Shinagawa easily qualifies.
Shinagawa's sister, she attended a top-ranked girls' school before going to an Ivy League university. When she learns Shinagawa is aiming for Tono-U, Japan's top university,
she makes plans to transfer to the same school. Akita's girlfriend, rather surprisingly. Izumi also has a crush on her.