Characters: Fate Prototype
The characters of Fate Prototype
, the original concept of Fate/stay night
open/close all folders
The Seventh Master, with the title of Princes. The daughter of a magus, her father and older sister Manaka died in the previous Holy Grail War and she now lives by herself. Suffers from low self-esteem and low talent in her family's magic. Summons the Servant Saber after being attacked by Lancer.
- Animal Motifs: Crows; in the OVA she's seen attacking with black feathers.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: Eye variation from black to blue.
- Blood Magic: Her father had ordered her to sacrifice an animal each morning. Unable to do so, she uses her own blood as a substitute.
- Cain and Abel: The Abel.
- The Cameo: First appeared in a material book known as "Character Material", and also made an appearance in a Yonkoma Spin-Off called Fate/school life
- Expy: Although she was replaced by Shirou, her backstory is more similar to Rin's (daughter an inheritor of Magus) and Sakura's (low self-esteem).
- Feather Motif: Her crow feathers that she used for offensive spells, and that she bears a Command Seal that resembles a single feather.
- Green Thumb: Evidences some of this in the OVA.
- I Just Want to Be Special: She thinks that being average is a flaw.
- Magikarp Power: She is unskilled in her family's native magic, but on Saber's suggestion she tries Formalcraft (which she describes as "thaumaturgy for dummies"). She finds that she has a natural talent for it, though what exactly that entails is left unclear.
- Minor Living Alone: Since the rest of her family is dead, she lives by herself.
- Parental Abandonment: Her father is dead by the hands of her sister Manaka, and her mother is completely unknown (but it's implied that she's dead too).
- Shrinking Violet
- World's Most Beautiful Woman: According to Archer, who considers her more beautiful than all the women of Uruk.
The Second Master, with the title of Cherubim. She is under a curse that eventually takes her life.
Her Servant is Lancer.
The Absolute Void master, with the title of Absence. Supposedly a member of the Church's Assembly of the 8th Sacrement, he is in fact a member of an organization known as the Order of the Templars
(presumably a splinter group) and is one of their top heretic hunters. His title comes from the fact that he's actually an anomaly in the Holy Grail War, being the eighth Master out of seven. His Servant is Berserker, and he later steals Ayaka's Command Seal and gains control of Saber. Ayaka then teams up with Lancer, who has just lost his Master.
The First Master, with the title of Seraphim. The older sister of Ayaka, she had immense talent as a magus, and participated in the previous Holy Grail War eight years ago. Unfortunately, since she was connected to the Root since birth, she was also completely insane. Although she was killed by her own Servant
during the war, she was resurrected by the Grail. Her prior Servant was Saber, and her current Servant is the Beast.
- Big Bad: Presumably.
- Blondes Are Evil
- Blue and Orange Morality: Manaka is not super spiteful, hateful or vengeful. She was and still is, well... just crazy! In example, she killed her dad Hiroki as well as many local girls, and then got ready to sacrifice her "normal" and "worthless" little sister Ayaka... while smiling at them angelically, without any apparent ill will, and even telling Ayaka that she loved her.
- Cain and Abel: The Cain.
- Came Back Wrong: The twist is that she was already wrong to begin with.
- Child Prodigy: Assuming she wasn't a homunculus or something similar. It's noted that she has an innate connection to the Root, and that she had few magic circuits in her but they were absolutely unrivaled in regards to quality.
- Combat Tentacles: She can use the contents of the Greater Grail that way.
- Does Not Like Shoes: As seen in the image. Though some illustrations show her with cute pump shoes,
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: Her dress looks a LOT like a Sweet Lolita one.
- Enfant Terrible: She did all her horrible past deeds before turning 14.
- Expy: She was split into Ilya note and Dark Sakura note , and some parts of her backstory were incorporated into Kotominenote , Ryougi Shiki and Aoko Aozaki note .
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Some time before the Grail War took place, the Sajyou mother either disappeared or died. From then on, the very girlish Manaka handled most of the housework; she's certainly seen making breakfast◊ in some illustrations.
- For the Evulz: This seems to be her motivation. Manaka's bored and tired of these stories about the Grail granting wishes, and none of them are actually super true anyway, so she desires to fulfill its actual purpose: raising the Beast! Oh, and she also wants to give her beloved Saber his wish.
- Giggling Villain
- Go Out with a Smile: When Saber rebelled against Manaka's orders and stabbed her to death in the Fifth War, she couldn't properly process it, and thus died smiling sweetly at him.
- Lady and Knight: She wants to be the Black Lady to Saber's Knight in Shining Armor. Badly.
- Nightmare Fetishist: What pre-teen/teen girl would describe her love for "her prince" to what she'd feel if her intestines were pulled out of her stomach?
- Older Than They Look: She's six years older than Ayaka, but she still attains her appearance of a 14 year old since she died at that age.
- Powered by a Forsaken Child: Sacrificed girls and her own father to the Holy Grail. She would have sacrificed Ayaka if Saber hadn't stopped her.
- Psychic-Assisted Suicide: Somehow she forced all these girls to throw themselves into the Grail.
- Self-Made Orphan: Killed her own father, as said above, and sacrificed him to the Grail.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Is it Manaka or Aika? Supplementary materials seem to go for the first.
- Spot of Tea: In the OVA, she and Saber are seen having tea and discussing strategies.
- Wound That Will Not Heal: The one on her torso and back. Apparently, it still bleeds.
- Yandere: For Saber.
The Third Master, with the Title of Thrones. Isemi is the youngest of the Masters, being just 10 years old. He's already dead, having succumbed to experimentation and the strain of bringing Rider to this world. Rider's wish is to revive him.
- Ascended Extra: Was only mentioned in the author's notes of the novel, but was seen in the anime.
- Go Out with a Smile: As seen here◊.
- Ill Boy: More exactly, the victim of a "chimerization" experiment coming after the Fifth War, apparently performed by having Manaka implant a "beast" in his body. By the time he fully summoned Rider, poor Isemi was kept alive solely by medical machinery and so weakened that he suffered pain from things as normal for us as breathing and his own heartbeat; and lasted only one week before he kicked it.
- Nice Guy: That's more or less how he won over Rider's trust and respect. And maybe two Riders, if he is the gentle boy that Ramesses!Rider met in Fragments....
- No Name Given: In the OVA, but his name was revealed in the fanbook and along with some hints in the Prequel's Special Act where he's implied to have met the previous Rider.
- Posthumous Character and Too Good for This Sinful Earth: The kid was that gentle and that doomed.
- Walking Spoiler: And how.
Saber (King Arthur)
The Servant of Ayaka Sajyou. A heroic individual with a strong sense of justice. Has made it his mission to protect Ayaka. Was the Servant of Manaka Sajyou in the previous Holy Grail War.
- Bad Ass: Just like his original counterpart.
- Bodyguard Betrayal: When he realised Manaka's actual intentions in the former War, he killed her.
- Declaration of Protection: Not long after Ayaka summons him, he says he'll protect her.
- Expy: He's more like Shirou than his female counterpart - he notably smiles at Ayaka when he's first summoned, and says he's there to protect her.note He also has some traits in common with Archer and his relationship with Ayaka is even described as being similar to that of Rin and Archer - at least at first.
- The Hero
- Razor Wind: Evidences some of this in the OVA.
- Knight in Shining Armor: Particularly for Ayaka.
- Superpowered Evil Side: As some point he would be corrupted by Sancraid Phahn when he steals Ayaka's Command Seal, becoming the prototype to Saber Alter.
- Waistcoat of Style: As Manaka's Servant, he wore a black vest with his dark suit in the Spin-off Novel.
- Wave Motion Sword
- Would Hit a Girl: He actually killed Manaka, back then a Creepy Child no older than 14, after finding out she was an Omnicidal Maniac with some gruesome plans for the world.
The Servant of the Fifth Master, he is interested in proving himself the strongest and battling other heroes. Acts as a rival to Saber and is smitten with Ayaka.
- Bad Ass: From what we´ve seen, he´s perfectly capable of kicking Saber´s ass.
- He's essentially a composite of two Archers from the final work: while he eventually mutated into the Gilgamesh we all know and love, he also has elements of the primary Archer, being a dual-wielder who makes an epic stand against Berserker.
- He also has a bit in common with Fate/stay night Lancer, being a combat-lover and all.
- Friendly Enemy/The Rival/Worthy Opponent: To Saber.
- Hyperspace Arsenal: Bab-ilu: Key of the King's Law, allows him to access his endless treasury.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: While he´s still arrogant and possessive of Ayaka, he gives Saber an elixir that can cure any poison or disease so he can cure Ayaka and seems alot more sensible than his Fate/stay night counterpart.
- Love at First Sight: With Ayaka, he claims she's more beautiful than the women of his own kingdom. Unlike his Fate/stay night counterpart, he doesn't act like Ayaka is a possession.
- The Nicknamer: Calls Saber "Holy Blade Wielder".
- Readings Are Off the Scale: His Noble Phantasm, Enki: Sword of the End is an EX-ranked Noble Phantasm capable of flooding the entire world.
Lancer (Cu Chulainn)
The Servant of Misaya Reiroukan. Tracks down Ayaka at the beginning of the story, which causes her to summon Saber. Eventually teams up with Ayaka when his Master dies and Saber is stolen from Ayaka.
- Animal Motif: of a Hunting Dog much like his counterpart, but he is more closely to a Wolf (even wears a protective amulet in shape of a wolf's head with a crescent moon in its mouth).
- The Beastmaster: He has excellent compatibility with the canine familiars that Misaya creates.
- Expy: Mostly unchanged from his Fate/stay night counterpart, but he is somewhat a bit similar to Shirou, as he's not mature enough to admit the world’s injustices and the values of good and evil.
- Heel-Face Turn: Eventually contracts with Ayaka when his Master dies.
The Servant of the Third Master. A mysterious Servant who wears a mask in battle. His master was an Ill Boy who used his Command Seal to fully incarnate Rider into the world before dying.
He now hopes to win the Holy Grail to resurrect his Master.
The Servant of Manaka Sajyou. The embodiment of the sins and desires of humanity, it's materialization is apparently the true purpose of the Holy Grail.
Characters of Pale Silver Fragments
Hiroki Sajyou (Father of Manaka and Ayaka)
Tatsumi Kitano aka Master of Berserker
Isemi Shizuri aka Master of Rider
Seiji Jinga aka Master of Assassin
Mr. Reiroukan (Misaya's dad) aka Master of Caster
- Alternate History: Moses was his best friend.
- The Beast Master: He has a palace-like Reality Marble filled with Phantasmal Beasts of all kinds.
- Berserk Button: He flips his shit upon being summoned due to his catalyst being his wife Nefertari's necklace, which could have only been obtained by raiding her tomb.
- Breath Weapon: His Sphinx has this in the form of a fire tornado.
- The Power of the Sun: As "Ra's Mighty Truth", he possesses Ra's almighty solar barge as his greatest Noble Phantasm. It can supposedly reduce all of Tokyo to dust in the span of a couple of hours.
- Odd Friendship: Seems to have sort-of struck one with a boy who is strongly implied to be the Isemi who would become the next Holy War's Master of Rider. At very least the little boy managed to calm Rider down from his anger upon being summoned through Nefertari's necklace, and then he properly joined the Grail War.
- Readings Are Off the Scale: He possesses an EX-rank in the Noble Phantasm parameter.
- Red Baron: "King of Kings", a title historically attributed to Ozymandias/ Ramesses II.
- Two Guys and a Girl: Him, Moses and Nefertari◊ were this in the past.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: As seen here◊.
- Alchemy Is Magic: Though no Magus, he claims to have used a hint of alchemy in making his elixir.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: As Hyde, Berserker an appearance similar to a werewolf with black fur covering his body, a large jaw, sharp fangs, and a beast-like, humanoid form. His eyes glow upon seeing the full moon.
- Older Than They Look: He looks like a young man, but is said to be much older. The real Dr. Henry Jekyll was said to be in his 50's, and yet this one looks in his 20's tops.
- Sharp-Dressed Man
- Pretty Boy: Indeed!◊
- Split Personality Takeover: His Noble Phantasm is the elixir that allows him to pull this.
Assassin (Hassan of Serenity)
- Alchemy Is Magic: Considered the father of modern alchemy. He in turn considers all alchemists to be his children.
- Elemental Powers: Like Tohsaka Rin, He is an Average One possessing an elemental affinity for five different elements.
- Mook Maker: He can create artificial Phantasmal Beasts from the remnants of Elementals.
- Pretty Boy: Just look at him.
- The Stoic: Though smiling and seemingly kind, he never exudes any particularly strong emotions.