- Action Girl
- Adventurer Archaeologist: When she's not too busy fighting demons, she also explores temples, collects rare spells, studies other faerie cultures...
- Book Dumb: Subverted. Despite Magpie never having attended an actual school, the "archaeologist" in Adventurer Achaeologist ensures that she has more general knowledge than most of the other characters.
- Braids of Action: Although they come undone in the style of Slip Knot Ponytail.
- Dual Wielding
- The Herald: For Talon.
- The Heroine
- Little Miss Badass: She's a "slip of a girl" and kicks butt after butt after butt...
- Smitten Teenage Girl: She positively adores Dusk.
- Waif-Fu: Magic helps, but she can hold her own in a physical fight, too.
- What Beautiful Eyes!
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Talon's hands end up scarred from being badly cut while holding onto the tether around Magpie's waist.
- Handicapped Badass: Talon can't fly, which is more or less like not being able to walk. That being said, even Magpie is impressed with his acrobatics.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Talon's lack of functional wings gives him a lot of angst at times.
- The Lancer: While he and Magpie usually get along just fine, when she's putting herself in too much danger or being impatient or insensitive, Talon (and Calypso-it's a two-man job) reins her in.