open/close all folders
Eric "Cat" ChantA young boy who goes with his sister to live with Chrestomanci in Chrestomanci Castle after their parents died in a boat accident. A very timid boy who is mostly clueless to the events going on around him.
- Achilles' Heel: Cannot do magic with his right hand.
- Cats Have Nine Lives
- Child Prodigy
- Locked Out of the Loop: No one tells Cat anything because they're afraid of what he might do.
- Skilled, but Naïve
- The Southpaw
Gwendolen ChantCat's bossy, egotistical, and cruel witch older sister.
- Cain and Abel: Gwendolen is Cain.
- Cute and Psycho: a pretty girl, but completely fine with killing people.
- Killing Your Alternate Self: What Gwendolen tries to do to Janet.
- Sibling Murder: a few times, but luckily Cat has nine lives.
Janet ChantQuendolen's double from another world without magic, where she lived happily with her parents.
Chrestomanci / Christopher ChantA nine-lifed enchanter and current Chrestomanci in Charmed Life, Witch Week, The Magicians of Caprona, and The Pinhoe Egg. The Lives of Christopher Chant and Conrad's Fate depict him as a child/adolescent.
- Achilles' Heel: Each Chrestomanci has one. His is silver.
- Birds of a Feather: Christopher and the Goddess.
The Goddess: Thank you for telling me about yourself. I think you've had a rotten life, even worse than mine. People only want either of us for what use we are to them — you for your nine lives and me for my Goddess attributes. And both of us are caught and stuck and trapped in a life with a future all planned out by someone else — like a long, long tunnel with no way out!
- Former Teen Rebel: Compare Charmed Life to Conrad's Fate.
- Gentleman Snarker
- Gentleman Wizard
Julia ChantChrestomanci and Millie's daughter.
Roger ChantChrestomanci and Millie's son.
Millie Chant / The Goddess / The Living AshethA powerful enchantress. Chrestomanci's wife. As a child, she was raised as the living aspect of the Goddess Asheth in Series Ten.
- Underestimating Badassery: Cat has no idea that Millie is a powerful enchantress.
The Lives of Christopher Chant
Christopher ChantSee Charmed Life.
The GoddessSee Charmed Life.
Tacroy / Mordecai Roberts
Uncle Ralph Argent
- Cunning Like a Fox: Uncle Ralph has a cunning, sharp wit, and is compared to a fox in his introduction.
- Evil Uncle
Gabriel de Witt
The Last Governess
- Beautiful All Along - Christopher notes the Last Governess looks pretty when she smiles around Uncle Ralph.
- Astrologer: Specializes in divination and fortune telling.
- Black Sheep: In disgrace from his family
- Parental Neglect: Christopher doesn't know what his father looks like for most of his childhood.
Miranda Chant (née Argent)
The Pinhoe Egg
The Magicians of Caprona
Antonio "Tonino" Montana
The Duchess / The White Devil
Dulcinea "Nan" Pilgrim
- Evil Orphanage Lady: though not obvious at first