"You used to be fun. Now you have a baby. "STFUParents
is a blog
dedicated to mocking parents who post Too Much Information
about their children on Facebook
This blog provides examples of:
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: Once these children grow up, they will be very embarassed when their friends see the things their parents wrote on the internet about them.
- Babies Make Everything Better: Many of the parents have this mentality.
- But I Can't Be Pregnant!: There was one woman who was talking about how there's no way she could be pregnant. A few days later, a status saying "I preg".
- Daddy DNA Test: There was one mother who was having a DNA testing party for the potential fathers of her child.
- Disgusting Public Toilet: There was one where a mother was bathing her poo covered baby in a public toilet.
- Doting Parent: Most of the parents in this blog qualify, believing their children to be the most amazing things on the planet, to the point where they photograph their child's poo.
- Fail O'Suckyname: Some of the names given to children on here are hilariously terrible.
- Gag Censor
- Hands-Off Parenting: Most parents on here let their children do whatever they want, with no rules or punishment for bad behaviour
- Hippie Parents: Quite a few appear on here.
- Insane Troll Logic: What some parents use to justify themselves.
- It's All About Me: Mommyjacking-where someone replies to a friend's status, turning it about them, their pregnancy, or their children. Especially awful when the persons status is about having cancer or a relative dying.
- Jerk Ass: Several parents and children who appear on the blog.
- Lost My Appetite: Most people do when reading something particularly disgusting, such as kids covered in poo, diaper explosions and placentas.
- Mama Bear: Used by mothers as an excuse to justify the most jerkish of behaviors.
- Momma's Boy: Some of the relationships between mothers and their sons featured here, are rather creepy.
- Morning Sickness: Described in great detail of course.
- Motherhood Is Superior: There are a lot of people featured in this blog who have these views.
- Mouthy Kid: The one who called the teacher a bitch (and his mom was proud of him), and others.
- My Beloved Smother: Some parents seem to be way too overprotective of their children.
- Never My Child's Fault: The view most parents on the blog have towards their child(ren)'s transgressions.
- No Sympathy: There's loads of mommyjackers/daddyjackers who offer no support or sympathy for childless friends who lose out on sleep.
- Rouge Angles of Satin: Has its own category.
- Serious Business: Many of the moms shown on the site in regards to anything about their kids.
- Sdrawkcab Name: Nevaeh (Heaven spelled backwards) is quite a common name on here.
- Spoiled Brat: There is a whole category on the blog for spoiled children.
- Tinkle in the Eye: One parent referred to this as a golden shower, which is disturbing.
- Too Much Information: Most of this site runs on too much information, is it really necessary to go into details about your child's explosive diarrhea, or post pictures of yourself giving birth on Facebook?
- Vomit Discretion Shot: Subverted. There is one picture that someone posted on Facebook, that is of a child who had thrown up all over themself in the car.
- Who Names Their Kid "Dude"?: There are some very strange names given to children, such as Vagena, Vadgesty, Banjo and Espn.
- Xtreme Kool Letterz: Some parents think its cool to use these letters in their childrens names, for example Xili, Zayden and McKynzee
- You're Drinking Breast Milk: Unfortunately there have been stories of women putting breastmilk in food.