Blog: Ask Serious Rainbow
Ask Serious Rainbow
is an Ask a Pony
Blog staring Serious Rainbow, a version of Rainbow Dash that adopted Scootaloo and entered a relationship with Applejack. Oh, and she's also a member of the Serious Foundation, a group dedicated to the protection of the multiverse. And she's good at it.
While mostly SFW, there are mature themes and cussing is quite frequent, but nothing too
NSFW (she has another blog for that). Her Scootaloo also has a blog.
This blog contains examples of the following tropes
- Arbitrarily Large Bank Account: The Serious Foundation pays very well. Rainbow apparently singlehoofedly paid for the Dashpad (and presumably the repairs it requires).
- When the Dashpad crossed over with A Touch of Diamonds (the Rarity crossover blog), Serious brought $400,000 in cash to cover any damages Epic Dash might cause.
- Archenemy: Green Eyes, the Pinkie from Rainbow's old universe, was set up as this, but it turned out Rainbow wasn't exactly remembering it correctly.
- Badass: Serious Rainbow herself. Kind of need to be in order to be a Serious Foundation agent.
- Berserk Button: Threatening her family is a big one. Trying to steal her Tragic Keepsake hat is another, as is insulting old gen games she enjoys. Mentioning Gilda is another.
- Brain in a Jar: Thanks to Brainy Twilight, Serious Rainbow has a clone that's one of these.
- Bullying a Dragon: Serious Rainbow's profession involves traveling to alternate universes, a huge arsenal of deadly weapons, and generally being a total Badass. A Starscream blog decided threatening her adopted daughter and girlfriend was a good idea. See 'Mama Bear' for how well that turned out.
- Cosmic Retcon: The universe Serious Rainbow lives in is actually an alternate version of it she was reborn into by 'the big guy upstairs' after the original universe ended in a Kill 'em All.
- Cosplay: Serious has been known to cosplay as many different characters and people, such as Otra from Girly and Jim Sterling, among others.
- Crossover: Given Serious Rainbow's job description, this happens a lot. One of note was the crossover with Ask King Sombra.
- Death Is Cheap: Serious Foundation Agents have Resurrective Immortality, so dying isn't exactly an issue. At last count, Serious Rainbow has died 93 times. Though the first one was Played for Drama, since it was a Killed Off for Real in her original universe.
- Ethical Slut: Serious. While she's in an Official Couple with her Applejack, they have an open relationship and Serious has no qualms about exploiting it and even calls herself a slut at one point. However, she'd never cheat on Applejack and always lets her know.
- She isn't fond of actual cheaters either, as she and AJ are open and honest with each other. Apparently, Gilda cheated on Serious at some point and that's why she hates her so much.
- Face-Heel Turn: Twilight in Serious Rainbow's original universe. Originally, she'd said it was their Pinkie (Green Eyes), but it turned out her memories were just messed up to the point she confused the two until Green Eyes pointed it out.
- From the Mouths of Babes: Scootaloo's first appearance, after Serious gets asked a question about her, involves her barging in on Serious while the latter is answering that she became Scoots's legal guardian because her stepmother was a royal... something. Scoots immediately picks up the slack and unabashedly reveals that Serious was about to say "royal cunt".
- Happily Adopted: Scootaloo is adopted by Serious Rainbow, and quite happy with it.
- Heel-Face Turn: Discord ended up making one at some point in the past on the Ask Serious Rainbow blog...somehow. Apparently, the Elements turned him good, something that completely confuses Rainbow Dash.
- Impossibly Cool Weapon: Serious Rainbow has a Desert Eagle forged from her original universe's (Long story short, she's a reincarnation of another Rainbow Dash killed in a different universe than the one the blog takes place in) Elements of Harmony.
- However, after the events of the Season 4 premiere, she forced Green Eyes to take it back to her original universe. Just in case. She did get the Manticore from Metal Gear Twilight though, so it's all good.
- Killed Off for Real: Tirek. Serious apparently killed him to make sure he stayed defeated.
- Mama Bear: Serious is Scootaloo's adopted mother. Her profession is basically 'interdimensional secret agent'. An alternate Starscream decided it'd be a bright idea to threaten to kill Scootaloo and Rainbow's girlfriend Applejack (and take over the multiverse, but those two were the reasons Rainbow was out for Starscream's energon). The resulting battle (sadly composed of almost nothing but text posts, as the Starscream blog is mainly text based) ends with Serious Rainbow going on a Foe-Tossing Charge through Starscream's army on a remote controlled drone. Serious' then took her revenge. With a sledgehammer. Followed by blowing his base to kingdomcome and having her friend Soundwave throw Scream's decapitated by still functional head out the airlock.
- Mercy Kill: The real reason Green Eyes killed Serious, as Serious didn't want a lingering death after Twilight attacked her, leaving her to bleed to death.
- MST3K Mantra: Frequently Invokeds this, even quoting the song and having 'MST3K Mantra' as the tags for such posts.
- MST: Is doing one of the blog itself for the one year celebration.
- The Multiverse: Takes this to its logical extreme by having her be in an organization guarding the multiverse. In addition, both the universe she lives in and her original universe (long story short, her Pinkie Pie went crazy and killed the group (though apparently she was at least somewhat sympathetic and Rainbow's memories were screwed up and she mixed her and the real killer up) and she was reincarnated in another universe) have drastic differences from the show which are explicitly stated to be due to being an alternate universe (Rainbow refuses to join the Wonder Bolts, for example, due to her ridiculous wealth and personal friendship with Spitfire and in her original universe was named Rainbow Flash). Oh, and somehow, the Elements turned Discord good.
- No Fourth Wall: Demolished in the first update.
- Noodle Incident: Subverted on 'Ask Serious Scootaloo' when it was mentioned Sweetie Belle was kicked out of Rarity's place for the time being. Scoots wanted to keep this trope going, but Sweetie Belle just outright tells the audience about it.
- Odd Friendship: With Soundwave.
- Powerpuff Girl Hands: Referenced by name. Twice.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Serious is red, Applejack is Blue. As with many things, Serious has lampshaded it.
- Resurrective Immortality: Apparently par for course for all Serious Foundation agents, should Serious get killed, she just respawns a few seconds later.
- Retcon: Despite originally saying it was her Pinkie that killed her in her original universe, Serious Rainbow eventually reveals it was her Twilight that did it. Said Pinkie (nicknamed Green Eyes) lampshades this by saying the original story guide said she was the villain and they're not following it anymore. Also explained inuniverse in that Rainbow's memories of the event somehow confused the two and spending time with Green Eyes helped her remember what really happened.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Went on one when a Starscream blog threatened to kill Scootaloo.
- Rule of Cool: A lot of the blog runs on this, and it's very much intentional.
- Rule of Funny: A lot of the blog also runs on this, and is also very much intentional.
- Serious Business: Video games, though sometimes she has gotten annoyed at how seriously her followers take them.
- Slice of Life: Despite the premise, there's a lot of this revolving around Serious Rainbow simply interacting with her friends and family, or just playing video games.
- Shout-Out: So many it needs its own page.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: Subverted in the first post; Serious blurts one out, then promptly realizes she'd let the secret leak.
- Time Machine: Serious Rainbow has one, it's based off the one from Back to the Future and time travel runs on those rules here.
- Tragic Keepsake: Serious Rainbow's hat was a gift from her dead mother. It's notably one of the few times she's actually let something the audience say about her get to her.