Awesome Music / Star Fox
It's worth noting that Star Fox Online has a jukebox
for listening to any track in the series and even Star Fox
related tracks from the Super Smash Bros.
Star Fox 2
Star Fox 64
Star Fox Adventures
Star Fox: Assault
- There was an un-used Corneria theme done in Star Fox 2's instruments.
- Eladard's Godlike music has been criminally underutilized since Star Fox 2.
- Surprise Attack, Star Wolf's theme, which sounds much different to the one you're used to.
- The first surprise when visiting Venom was seeing how pristine it was compared to the rest of the series. The second surprise came when you heard its new theme: Venom.
Star Fox Command
- Space Battleground, which plays during the first half of Fortuna and the Orbital Gate missions.
- The Main Menu theme is so epic, it gets you totally revved up to destroy the Aparoids or demolish your friends in Versus mode...
- And then we have the second half of Fortuna.
- Assault had many epic themes, including the jaw-droppingly epic Aparoid Queen (Phase 1) theme, as well as the breath taking Aparoid Queen (Phase 2).
- Sauria features a textbook John Williams-style soundtrack.
- This game's version of Star Wolf's theme ups the ante by adding a fantastic trumpet to the mix.
- The epic song that plays when Team Star Fox go through the Oribital Gate and when Peppy crashes the Great Fox into the Aparoid shield. Sadly, no one's been able to rip the song, but it did get a remix (Heroes of Old, Peppy Hare and James McCloud) in Command.
- It's interesting to note that the main story of the game features mainly orchestral versions of Star Fox 64 tracks, some of which are original pieces, while the multiplayer mode plays techno music in place. Special mention could go to Zoness and Katina.
- Vs. Gamepoint. When a player's next point wins, a player is on their last life or there's one minute left, that's when shit starts to get real and the player in last gets the BFG of a Demon Launcher.
Star Fox Zero
- Say what you will about Star Fox Command, but it has some incredible music. Leon Powalski, of all people, gets perhaps the game's best Leitmotif...but the theme used for the game's two secret unlockable characters (Heroes of Old, Peppy Hare and James McCloud), which emphasizes just how awesome it is that you get to use them, is a very close second.
- The True Final Boss music, Battle With Emperor Anglar 2. Though the standard Final Boss music isn't bad itself.
- Krystal's theme, Fox's Forgotten Love, is filled with emotion and passion that make it truly epic.
- Cornerian Fighter, Bill Grey is an extended remake of his heroic lemotif from Star Fox 64, and sounds like something right out of Independence Day.
- The end credits is a remix of Area 6 and contains certain amounts of Mood Whiplash. It emphasizes that in spite of all the Tear Jerker events and other hardships, everything will turn out alright in the end while also serving as a fitting fanfare for what is seemingly the final entry in the first Continuity Reboot.
- Many fans agree that Zero's soundtrack is one of the best, if not the best, in the whole series. The theme for Corneria, the first level in the game, gets you in the mood for some high-flying space-furry dogfighting action with an awesome orchestra/electronic mix.
- The Map theme. Includes a snippet of the original Star Fox map theme.
- The new remix of Star Wolf's Leitmotif is widely considered one of the best versions of the song. The bombastic orchestra and intimidating choir certainly set the mood for the amazing battles against Star Wolf.
- The theme for Andross himself. The Ominous Latin Chanting played throughout this charged, epic theme drives home that this time, Andross is holding nothing back.
- The theme for Sector Alpha. Nothing like mixing high-tension space battle music with a little bit of One-Woman Wail to emphasize the epicness.
- The Sector Omega boss theme. Titled "Interplanetary Combat Ship, Attack Carrier", the song is an amazing remix of Boss B from 64 that plays during this game's version of the Attack Carrier. It also plays for the Great Fox boss Cosmic Dodora and during Andross's attempt at Taking You with Me.
- Godspeed, the OCRemix version of the Corneria theme, is five minutes of pure unadulterated awesome.
- This pseudo-Genesis take on the Corneria theme has a nice ring to it.
- This quote remix is pretty dang great too, incorporating Space Battleground and the Main Star Fox Theme in glorious techno.
- 2 Pilots 1 Arwing by Xarlable starts off with the original game's control screen music, but before long it segues into "Lover's Theme" by Hervé Roynote , done in the style of the game's score.
- "StarFox Anthology", a short fan soundtrack that remixes six songs of the original game's soundtrack: Opening Title, Corneria, Asteroid, Space Armada, Venom, and the Main Theme.
- A version in the style of Star Fox 64 was made by GiIvaSunner, and it sounds suitably awesome.