Awesome / The Man with the Golden Gun
Just ignore the slide whistle.
- The car stunt over the river in Thailand, one of the best in the series especially that no computer effects were involved. The slide whistle, on the other hand, either renders it Narm or doubles as a Crowning Moment of Funny.
- No computer effects, but the stunt itself was the first in the world to be entirely planned and calculated by computers beforehand. Not only was this the reason they got the stunt on the very first try, but programmer Raymond McHenry's work with simulations was the direct predecessor to modern video game physics engines. Let me repeat that - we wouldn't have Wreaking Havok without this stunt.
- The stunt driver who'd trained extensively to do the jump suddenly wasn't available. Another driver, "Bumps" Willard, happened to be on set simply volunteered to perform the stunt and did it flawlessly on the first take. As soon as the shot was completed, Cubby Broccoli rushed up to the driver and slapped a roll of hundred dollar bills into his hand out gratitude and Willard asked if he could try again!
- The shoot-out in Scaramanga's funhouse during the pre-credits sequence is a very good showcase of Scaramanga's skills and intelligence as an assassin, particularly:
- The moment were he picks up a bottle and throws it to distract the gangster sent to kill him. During the distraction, Scaramanga jumps towards a cabinet filled with pistols, but Nick Nack says over the intercom that the door is locked to prevent the kill from being too easy, so he has to look elsewhere.
- Pushing a button so he could slide down the staircase leading to the pedestal holding his Golden Gun, do an evasive combat roll, grabbing the Golden Gun and perfectly fire a lethal shot into the gangster.
- Bond managing to hide from the funhouse cameras and get disguised as a figure of himself to shoot Scaramanga.
- Bond coldly gives his moral viewpoint on killing to Scaramanga: "When I kill it's on the express orders of my government, and those I kill are, themselves, killers."
- Earlier, when Scaramanga offered a toast:
Scaramanga: To us, Mr. Bond. We are the best.
- The two little girls kicking an entire karate school's ass.
- Cold and cruel as it was, Scaramanga's shooting Andrea in the middle of a crowded arena without anyone being the wiser is a serious show of skill.
- Scaramanga's Pre-Mortem One-Liner AND Bond One-Liner when he kills Hai Fat. Seeing as how he's an Evil Counterpart to Bond, this is to be expected.
Hai Fat: "Bond doesn't know you're in Bangkok. He's never seen you. But he knows me. That's the problem."
Scaramanga (smiling): "There's no problem."
- And after the deed is done.
Assistant: "What happened?"
Scaramanga: "Mr Fat has just resigned. I'm the new chairman of the board."
- After leaving Hai Fat's office.
Scaramanga: He always did like that mausoleum. Put him in it!