- The real life inspiration behind Rocky: Chuck Wepner. He was an ex-Marine and liquor salesman from New Jersey. No one thought he had a hope in hell of fighting Muhammad Ali. He almost made it all the way to the last bell. Everyone thought he'd go down in the second round but he stayed up and fought to the end, even knocking Ali down, even if it wasn't exactly a clean knockdown according to boxing rules and could have been ruled a slip. He wasn't a very skilled fighter, but certainly is a true badass.
- The first movie's Training Montage. Just the training montage.
- The final shot of the montage, with Rocky leaping up the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art that he previously couldn't run, and raising his arms towards the city in triumph. It's one of the most memorable shots in film history.
- Adrian's Shut Up, Hannibal! speech against Paulie's It's All About Me speech.
Paulie: YOU OWE ME!!!Adrian: WHAT DO I OWE YOU!!?Paulie: You're supposed to be good to me!!Adrian: WHAT DO I OWE YOU PAULIE!!!? WHAT DO I OWE YOU!? I COOK FOR YOU, I CLEAN FOR YOU, I PICK UP YOUR DIRTY CLOTHES!!!! I TAKE CARE OF YOU GOOD PAULIE I OWE YOU NOTHING!!!! AND YOU MAKE ME FEEL LIKE A LOSER!!! I'M!!! NOT!!! A LOSER!!!
- And of course the fight at the end of the first film, where Rocky achieves his real goal of going a full fifteen rounds against Apollo, even though Apollo did win since A title holder pretty much successfully defends if they avoid being KOed. Rocky would have had to utterly dominate the fight to win without being KOed and that would have detracted from the awesome.
- It was so awesome, in Rocky II, a handful of people, including Mickey, are convinced that Rocky was the real winner of the fight.