Awesome / Megamind
"You dare challenge Megamind?!"
- His first escape from prison: He makes a tricycle and a death ray out of license plates and his binkie.
- His second escape from prison that we get to see: He gets his henchman to send a special watch into prison. He knows that the warden will take the watch for himself. The watch is an image inducer, and it makes the warden look like Megamind. The guards drag him back to Megamind's cell, and Megamind takes the watch, locks them up, and dances out of prison disguised as the warden.
- Megamind's Killsat. That was one hell of a kaboom.
- After he defeats Metro Man, he takes over city hall. He just walks up to it and takes it. It is surrounded by armed police officers, barricades, helicopters. They all but put up a big neon sign saying; Megamind will most definitely kill us, but we'll do our duty staunchly. He just walks up to them and orders the officers to drop their guns. And they do!
Megamind: DROP 'EM!!!
- "You, robot! Yes, you! Bring out... The Black Mamba!
- You know what the difference is between a villain and a super villain? PRESENTATION!
- And pretty much the entire ending in general. Special mention goes to Megamind transforming into Metro Man in an attempt to stop Titan.
- Everything between, "This is the real world, and you need to wake up!" and, "The thing about bad guys? They always lose!" is one long moment of awesome.
- It should be mentioned that Megamind shows up for the battle with the ominous appearance of a giant Cloud of Doom, with a bloody laser light show shining over the entire city, while Welcome to the Jungle plays loud enough to be heard from the outskirts of said city...and then he emerges from the Cloud of Doom riding a gigantic robotic version of his own head! Can this get any more awesome!?
- Lets face it, Titan is scary. The very fact that he is an idiot makes him even scarier than a smart evil superman. When Megamind first challenges him, he taunts Titan and goads him into a fight. Which Megamind then proceeds to hand a Curb-Stomp Battle, apparently only losing because he wanted to. And when he realizes Titan has no sense of justice, he makes his escape and he makes it fast. But that's not all. In full knowledge of how incredibly dangerous Titan was, he accepts his challenge again, culminating in the above grand entrance. Then, Megamind (well, Minion pretending to be Megamind) rescues Roxanne on what is possibly the coolest rocket bike ever. Then Megamind pretends to be Metro Man to scare him off. Of course, Titan comes back with a vengeance, not having fallen for the disguise of Metro Man as Megamind slipped up by pronouncing Metro City 'Metrocity', and this is when Megamind really shines; without planning anything ahead, he stays one step ahead of Titan all the way, taunting him into throwing him behind his invisible car, then diving into it, then when he rips the door off its handle, but Megamind keeps a hold of the door, laughs sheepishly, locks the door and hides behind it. Then, when he's falling from the sky he comes up with a last minute plan to save the day! This is what it means when a supervillain has super intelligence!
- Special mention to the fact that, until he turns his back it looks like Megamind is effortlessly dodging all of Titan's attacks. He even carries out a conversation with Roxanne while the incredibly dangerous monster tries to destroy him!
- Titan has the power, but Metro Man and Megamind have been fighting their whole lives. And his experience shows. Especially during his first fight with Titan, where he backhands him, takes him out with a "Hey, You!" Haymaker, ("You fell for the oldest evil trick in the book!") and then proceeds to duel him with street lights. Pretty much the only reason Titan beat him that time was because Megamind wanted to lose.
- The moment when Titan actually has Megamind IN HIS HANDS! Megamind takes a calculated risk, AND TAUNTS HIM! Not knowing whether Titan will crush him like a grape or fry his head with his heat vision, he decides to take the chance that he'll just punch him into a stone wall, landing him right where he needs to be, and HE TAUNTS TITAN!
- "Ollo." *KCHACK*
- Megamind is falling to his death several hundred feet above the city.
Megamind: "So... this is how it ends... normally, I'd chalk this up as my last glorious failure..." *Notices large fountain underneath him, gets an idea* "But not TODAY! What could I say? Old habits die hard!" *shoots self with the Dehydrator Ray*.
- After Megamind strips Titan of his powers:
Megamind: "The thing about bad guys... They always LOSE!!!!"
- Roxie gets a few as well, most notably:
- Megamind always seems able to come up with the perfect comeback to anything Titan throws at him:
Titan: This is the last time you make a fool out of me.
Megamind: I made you a hero. You did the fool thing all by yourself.
Titan: No matter what side you're on, you're always the loser.
Megamind: There's a benefit to losing. You get to learn from your mistakes.
- Not always though:
Titan: (repeatedly bashing Megamind's machine with a streetlight) AAAAHHHHH!
Megamind: Look, I'm really not sure where to go with that!
- The first snappy comeback deserves special mention. Megamind deliberately taunts Titan into throwing him in order to get closer to his car.
- The day that Megamind scheduled to be his confrontation with Titan, Titan never shows up. He then breaks into Hal's apartment, demanding an answer. Hal shows Megamind all the stuff he stole with his new powers, which causes Megamind to berate him for screwing up the hero-villain dynamic. Hal complains that now that Roxanne, his co-worker that he had a crush on, dumped him to go out with "some intellectual dweeb" that there's no point in heroics. He also says that he doesn't care what "space dad" says about how he should live his life. Megamind then shows Hal that, through the use of his disguise watch, he is both space dad and the intellectual dweeb. Ouch!
- Metro Man's super speed scene. It's made perfectly clear that every confrontation he ever had with Megamind was just acting and if he took those things seriously Megamind could be behind bars within a literal second.
Once your death ray hit, I've never felt so alive.