- Kate Beaton managed to do a guest strip for Penny Arcade. With much Ho Yay.
- She also brings babies back from the dead.
- Laura Secord vs. Paul Revere: Fight of the Century!
- And the wingspan of an ALBATROSS!note
- Chiune Sugihara: Badass.
- Katherine Sui Fun Cheung. Who is Top Gun? She is.
- The Ida B. Wells comic. The entire thing. Even more so when you find out that this is only a fraction of the awesome things this Badass lady did in her life.
Ida's husband: I can't believe our friends have been murdered. I can't believe we need three coffins.Ida: I'm going to write about it.Ida's husband: I can't believe we need four coffins?Ida: Find a pen.
- Probably best summed up in this strip:
Conductor: Ma'am, you'll have to leave the white car.Ida: It's a lady's car and I'm a lady.Conductor: (struggling to physically force Ida off the train) Ma'am get off!Ida: You get off!Passenger: Well I don't know what anyone thinks they're going to prove by making a fuss about giving up seats on public transit.Conductor: She bit me!
- And of course, the first one:
- The first strip of her comic about Karl Henrich Ulrichs, about to address an assembly on striking down anti-LGBT laws... in 1867.
Ulrich: [thinking] There is still time not to do this. You can still just not do this and be silent. Then the palpitations of your heart would cease.
Ulrich: [out loud] Gentlemen