YMMV: Hark! A Vagrant
- Crazy Awesome: "... And the wingspan of an ALBATROSS!"
- Crosses the Line Twice:
Peasant: (waggling a head on a pike) Does this pike make my head look fat?
Cue WTF face.
Peasant: Someone ask if she's laughing.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Fat Pony, who has become the most requested character. Also, the Mystery Solving Teens.
- Genius Bonus: The entire comic is basically built upon this. What xkcd is to science and computer humor, Hark! A Vagrant is to history and literature.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- Memetic Mutation:
- Pissed-off Poe has become a relatively popular reaction image for them Image Boards.
- Also, "Jam!" within Sherlock Holmes fandom.
- The Joyce comic bobbles up and down in popularity as /lit/'s mascot.
- There are countless "Oooh Mr/Mrs X: A Fanfiction" edits.
- Some enterprising individual did a WatsonxJam "Ooh, Mr. X: A Fanfiction".
- "Aw yiss. Motha. Fuckin. Bread crumbs."
- "What Baby?" comes up in some sections of Doctor Who fandom after some developments in series 6.T
- I had fun once and it was awful
- "Then I will sit here consumed with lust for the rest of the evening."
- "Old as balls" has been adopted as a punchline for many jokes.
- Tear Jerker:
- This interaction between Kate Beaton and her younger self.
- The strip with Marat can be seen as this for his innocence.
- The strip about Henry II and Thomas Becket. To put it in Beaton's own words, it might be the saddest thing ever.
- This strip◊ about the death of a young man in Beaton's home town is very poignant.
- Kate's mother's day comic◊ about her mother taking her to a local artist in attempt to get a sponsorship for art school, only for the artist to be an elitist twat who has a low opinion of "comics". Her mother's heartwarming affirmation after and her dad's sage advice add to it.