Awesome: Dr. Strangelove
- The much-parodied bomb drop scene is almost an icon of American cinema because it's totally awesome.
- And that's not the only Crowning Moment of Awesome in the film, either. "Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!" and so on, for instance. Not to mention the famous lost pie-fight scene...
- The Quest For Small Change. 'Nuff said.
Mandrake: The court of inquiry on this will give you such a pranging, you'll be lucky to be wearing the uniform of a bloody toilet attendant!Bat Guano: Alright, but do you know what you'll have to do if you don't get the President of the United States on the phone?Mandrake: What!?
- Just about everything that Major Kong says:
"Well, boys, I reckon this is it — nuclear combat toe to toe with the Roosskies. Now look, boys, I ain't much of a hand at makin' speeches, but I got a pretty fair idea that something doggone important is goin' on back there. And I got a fair idea the kinda personal emotions that some of you fellas may be thinkin'. Heck, I reckon you wouldn't even be human bein's if you didn't have some pretty strong personal feelin's about nuclear combat. I want you to remember one thing, the folks back home is a-countin' on you and by golly, we ain't about to let 'em down. I tell you something else, if this thing turns out to be half as important as I figure it just might be, I'd say that you're all in line for some important promotions and personal citations when this thing's over with. That goes for ever' last one of you regardless of your race, color or your creed. Now let's get this thing on the hump - we got some flyin' to do."
- The Crazy Awesome of General Ripper. The man keeps a machine gun in his golf bag!
- The fact that Peter Sellers got to ad-lib in a film directed by noted perfectionist Stanley Kubrick.
- Another meta-example in George C. Scott's interpretation; in a genius move he was tricked by Kubrick to deliever one of the largest and funniest hams ever... meant for outtakes, for practice and amusement of the crew. It works perfectly as a foil to the meek President but also to the crazy but soft-spoken and collected Ripper.
- George C. Scott even admitted was a genius move on Kubrick's part and liked the outcome.
- Mandrake being able to find the code that (almost) saves the world.