- While Cloverfield is about people who aren't super heroic, it manages quite a few of these, not the least of which is Rob getting a dog-sized insect-like creature away from his sister-in-law by running up and kicking it in the face.
- The scene where they look upon Clover destroying the city and the military feebly fighting back in the helicopter
- Marlena smacking the hell out of a parasite with a pipe.
- DVD supplemental materials say that Hud received a posthumous Medal of Valor for his video.
- The first teaser trailer. No big-name stars. It's just some found footage from a totally random party. It doesn't show the monster. It doesn't even show the title. And yet, it is incredibly creepy and it grabs your attention instantly. They played it before Transformers with the intent of just getting people's attention. By the end of that weekend, no one cared about that movie and just wanted to know what the trailer was advertising because they were so amazed. That's one of the most awesome uses of marketing ever.