Anime: Tekken: The Motion Picture
An anime based on the fighting game franchise Tekken, specifically the first two games. Originally released as a two-part OVA, the parts were edited together for the western release as a movie.Multi-billionaire Heihachi Mishima is having a fighting tournament on the island which is the base of his operations. This attracts many fighters, including Jun Kazama who has come investigate Heihachi's suspected illegal activities and Heihachi's son Kazuya, who wants revenge for being left for dead in the past by him.
This anime has examples of:
- An Axe to Grind: Michelle tries to kill Heihachi by throwing an axe at him. He catches it with his teeth and bites it apart.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Members of the Mishima family have some ridiculously huge eyebrows.
- Bloodier and Gorier: Than the games, which tend not to have Mortal Kombat-style copious amounts of blood. This anime has it aplenty.
- Convection Schmonvection: Lava flows that are setting the whole island on fire? Just a minor inconvenience to those of martial arts!
- Deal with the Devil: How Kazuya survived his fall sixteen years ago.
- Death by Adaptation: Anna gets eaten by one of the dinosaurs, and Jack performs a Heroic Sacrifice so that Lei, Jane and Dr. Boskonovitch can escape the doomed island.
- Demoted to Extra: Plenty of fighters from the game, like Paul and King, have only stationary appearances in the background.
- Depending on the Writer\Canon Foreigner: Jun in this movie is decidedly less pleasant than Tekken 2 might have you believe. Tag 2 however shows signs of her portrayal in the movie.
- Designated Girl Fight: Nina and Anna, unsurprisingly.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs: The invisible dinosaur bio-weapons.
- A Minor Kidroduction: The film opens with Kazuya and Jun as kids, just before Heihachi throws Kazuya down from a cliff.
- Self-Destruct Mechanism: When Lee realizes that he will never inherit Mishima Conglomerate, he starts up one.
- Shower Scene: Provided by Anna Williams.
- Speed Stripes: Used on many fight scenes.
- Title: The Adaptation: Even used by the alternate title Tekken: The Animation.
- Use Your Head: Kazuya and Heihachi butt their heads together during the climactic fight.
- Visible Invisibility: Used to show the experimental dinosaur bio-weapons.