Sci-Fi HARRY is a 2000 psychological-horror anime series adapted from a 1995 manga series written by George Idia and Asami Tohjoh. The series is about Ordinary High-School Student Harry MacQuinn, who due to social awkwardness has always been labeled an outcast and a loser at his school. One day however, with the help of the star basketball player's girlfriend, Catherine, Harry manages to unlock his unique telekinetic psychic powers. Recently, however, there's been a series of strange deaths in which the victims were killed the same way, which Harry's new found psychic powers may be connected to...While the series was popular enough to warrant an anime, it is unfortunately rather obscure.
Sci-Fi HARRY provides examples of:
- Alone with the Psycho: Pretty much anyone who's unfortunate enough to be left alone with Ginori
- Bare Your Midriff: Catherine, in spades.
- Conveniently an Orphan: It's safe to say Harry is this. There's never even a reference to his parents.
- Creepy Child: Ginori.
- Immortality Seeker: The organization that captured Harry.
- Also, Mother.
- And Ginori.
- Loners Are Freaks: What most people think of Harry.
- Mr. Exposition: The Fatman
- Psychic Powers: Harry's telekinetic abilities.
- Unskilled, but Strong: Harry's just got his powers, and as such, he spends a large chunk of the show trying to get used to them. While he may not have that much control over them, when he manages to use them, someone or something is about to get wrecked.