Administrivia / Not a Trope
is about tropes
, which are conventions and tools
in storytelling. But not everything we record are tropes, nor is everything in storytelling tropes. As mentioned below, things that aren't tropes may still be notable enough to get their own pages.
Compare Not a Subversion
. Contrast Omnipresent Tropes
, Missing Supertrope
, No Trope Is Too Common
Not tropes and not page worthy
These items have no reason to be given their own pages here:
Not worth their own tropes
These items do not have to be split off of already-existing tropes.
Not tropes, but still notable
These items, while not tropes (unless they are In-Universe
examples), are still interesting facets of storytelling, and worth noting here:
- Audience Reactions: Emotional and subjective reactions of audiences are on the receiving end of storytelling, and often aimed at by creators.
- Fan Speak: Definitions of storytelling and fan terminology.
- Gushing About Shows You Like: Unlike complaining, it is usually aimed at by creators, and thus notable (and less troublesome), but please keep it to Sugar Wiki.
- Trivia: These are interesting little facts about stories, or common behind-the-scenes conventions, that don't show up in the story itself.
- Useful Notes: What you need to know about things in a story, also to debunk common media misconceptions.