Single Proposition: Two Plus Two Makes Five
Vote up for yes, down for no.
This issue has been resolved and voting is closed.
+9 (yeas:24 nays:15)
Should we rename Two Plus Two Makes Five
? Discussion topic
- The name is not immediately evocative of 1984, the fact that the work is widely known doesn't mean that the trope name isn't obscure.
- The name is not immediately clear that it's about psychological torture.
- It has been misused to refer to bad math, or odd mathematical proofs that show how two plus two equal five.
- The rate of misuse is small and not worth renaming the trope over.
- It is an established term, used elsewhere.
- 1984 is widely known, and thus this title isn't an obscure name.
- A line saying that the page is not about math was added a few days ago; the bad examples haven't been readded since then, so it's possible the problem has already been fixed.
-5 (yeas:0 nays:5) Total number: 2. Number shown: 2.
Total number of votes: 44