Single Proposition: Rename Rid Me Of This Priest Take 2
Vote up for yes, down for no.
+28 (yeas:58 nays:30)
Rename Rid Me Of This Priest
Vote UP if you are in favor of renaming,
Vote DOWN if you oppose renaming.
Reasons to rename:
- Anecdotal evidence indicates that the quote which is the source of the name is not nearly as widely known as the people who do know it believe/expect it to be.
- The name sounds like a command; both the Trope Namer quote and the trope are about an exclamation or rhetorical question being mistaken for a command.
- The trope isn't about priests specifically, the name can be taken to be if the quote isn't familiar.
- The trope doesn't seem to be attracting much use; it has 15 wicks: 3 are indexes, 1 is a redirect, 2 are mentions that it's a subtrope, 2 are mentions that it's a related trope, 5 are potholes (of varying degrees of relevance) and 2 are works pages.
- It was launched on the 14th of July. In 53 days it's accumulated 5 inbound links. That's decent but not great.
- That 15 wicks is 8 more than it had on July 19th, when it had 7 (by count): 1 redirect and 6 indexes or notations that it was a subtrope or related trope
Reasons to not rename:
- The Trope Namer is a perfectly literal example of the trope.
- The original quote is snowcloned into "Who will rid me of this <adjective> <noun>?" in modern usage.
Total number: 1. Number shown: 1.
Total number of votes: 88