Single Proposition: Older Than Dirt
Vote up for yes, down for no.
This issue has been resolved and voting is closed.
-7 (yeas:7 nays:14)
With the previous definition (tropes before 500 BC) there was a lot of misuse for much more recent things, in both examples and wicks. Older Than Dirt
is now defined as tropes from before 800 BC. Do we also rename?
- The current name, as used outside of the wiki, does not match the page definition at all. It is consistently used for "old geezer over 60."
- Current name does not suggest any historical period, does not match related indexes within The Oldest Ones in the Book, and does not suggest an index.
- Changing the definition addressed only 1/5 of the total misuse.
- Name matches the definition, and common usage: "very, very old."
- Moving the time frame to before 800 BC should alleviate problems with misuse. The category is now much smaller and its easier to recognize works as being before 800 BC.
- A check found 8% of wicks and 11% of examples were misuse caused by the old cutoff date, while 38% and 34% respectively were misuse caused by some other problem.
A vote Up
, rename it.
A vote Down
, don't rename.
Total number: 1. Number shown: 1.
Total number of votes: 21