Soul Series: Best Music (Soulcalibur IV)
I'll spare you all the punny wordplay for this crowner. That'll be saved for a later date.
was originally meant to be the Grand Finale
of the series. While a lot of series mainstays in terms of game modes were unfortunately missing this time around and the story wasn't perhaps up to par with what we had come to expect from previous iterations, the production values with the cinematics and music did try to hammer that feeling of closure home. This was also the entry where the fanservice levels rocketed almost universally for the females
: skimpier clothes, the late-16th century equivalent of plastic surgery, Clothing Damage
... (That last one was
tied to a gameplay mechanic, the Soul Gauge and Critical Finishes
, but still.) Also, there were Star Wars
characters or something...? I didn't quite get the memo.
Like before, the gods have granted you a mouse to click your own path. (Hey, I did
say the wordplay would come later, didn't I?)
Vote up those that you like, vote down the ones you don't. If you're neutral on any choice, it's best NOT
to vote at all, as votes can't be taken back, only reversed.
Here's the wiki
if you want to brush up on anything you're not familiar with.
Crowner Glitch Warning:
Sometimes there is a bug on crowners where it says you voted in a certain direction, whether or not you did. To the best of our knowledge, that doesn't affect the actual math, and you can still vote. If you are prohibited from voting, notify the thread, and we will decide whether or not to suspend the crowner.
Crowner Week polls are as follows:
(Note that only the 3 with the most positive votes will be displayed; however, that may not reflect choices with fewer positive and no negative votes.)
- Best character (story, overall design & personality)
- WINNERS: Talim (12:3), Seong Mi-na (8:0), Yoshimitsu (9:1), Kilik (9:1)
- Best guest/bonus character
- WINNERS: Ezio (9:0), Ashlotte (6:0), Link (7:2)
- Best weapon play style
- WINNERS: Zasalamel's Scythe (9:1), Raphael's Rapier (8:1), Talim's Tonfa (9:2)
- Best game feature (Weapon Master, COTS, Survival, breakable armor, create-a-character, etc.)
- WINNERS: Create-A-Soul/Character Creation (SCIII, SCIV,SCV) (14:0), Weapon Master (SE, SCII) (9:1), Weapon Gallery (SCII) (7:0), Extra Weapons (SC, SCII, SCIII, SCIV, SCV) (7:0)
- Best Game
- WINNERS: Soulcalibur II (13:1), Soulcalibur III (8:2), Soulcalibur (4:0)
- Best Music (Soul Edge OST/AST)
- WINNERS: "Bravely Folk Song" (Cervantes) (5:0), "Horangi Arirang" (Hwang) (4:0), "Dragon's Call" (Li Long) (3:0), "Khaduri" (Mi-na) (3:0), "Recollect Continent" (Rock) (4:1)
- Best Music (Soul Edge/Soul Blade - Khan Super Session)
- WINNERS: "The Edge of Soul" (Intro BGM) (4:0), "Castaway into Darkness" (Cervantes) (3:0), "Doubtful Judgement" (Soul Edge) (2:0), "An Oath of the Sword" (Character Select) (2:0), "Hagakure" (Mitsurugi) (2:0), "A Haunting Wind" (Taki) (2:0), "Another Fanatic" (Voldo) (2:0), "Darkness of Fate" (Siegfried) (2:0)
- Best Music (Soulcalibur OST)
- WINNERS: "Sail Over the Storm" (Maxi) (4:0), "Light & Darkness" (Opening) (3:0), "In the Name of Father" (Nightmare) (3:0), "Bred from the Gap" (Astaroth/Lizardman) (3:0), "Unblessed Soul" (Ivy) (3:0), "Beyond the Horizon" (Hwang) (3:0) note
- Best Music (Soulcalibur II OST)
- WINNERS: "No Turning Back" (Raphael) (4:0), "Sword of the Patriot" (Mi-na) (4:0), "Under the Star of Destiny" (Opening) (3:0), "History Unfolds" (Character Select) (3:0), "Unwavering Resolve" (Sophitia/Cassandra) (3:0), "Guided by Wind" (Talim) (3:0), "Raise Thy Sword" (Nightmare) (3:0), "Eternal Struggle" (Cervantes/Maxi) (3:0), "Hubris" (Mitsurugi/Xianghua) (3:0), "Hellfire" (Inferno) (3:0), "Healing Winds" (Art Gallery) (3:0) note
- Best Music (Soulcalibur III OST)
- WINNERS: "Water Dance" (Xianghua) (6:0), "Forsaken Sanctuary" (Siegfried) (5:0), "The New Legend" (Kilik) (5:1), "Fearless Eyes" (Sophitia) (4:0), "Time Marches On" (Zasalamel) (4:0), "Sail Over the Storm" (Maxi) (4:0), "Ephemeral Dream" (Setsuka) (4:0)
- Best Music (Soulcalibur IV OST)
- WINNERS: "Immaculate Pledge" (Sophitia/Cassandra) (3:0), "Distant Thunder" (Title Screen) (2:0), "Phantasmagoria" (Voldo) (2:0), "Tempered Soul" (Kilik/Xianghua) (2:0), "Indomitable Warrior" (Yun-seong) (2:0), "Twilight Dwellers" (Ostrheinsburg Castle - Twilight/Taki) (2:0), "Innocent Vision" (Setsuka/Mitsurugi/Yoshimitsu) (2:0), "Halcyon Harbor" (Maxi/Mi-na) (2:0), "Gigantesque" (Tower of Remembrance - Ancient Gate/Bonus Characters) (2:0), "Destiny Will Tell" (Siegfried/Nightmare) (2:0), "Raging Blood" (Final Round BGM - Arcade/Vs.) (2:0), "Thanatos" (Tower of Lost Souls - 60F [vs. Algol]) (2:0)
As I'm taking over from wander with this batch, the polls will be operating on a slightly different time zone (Eastern Daylight Time/UTC-4 as opposed to Central/UTC-5). Each poll will last for 24 hours, starting and ending midnight. As always, if the crowner doesn't happen to get hooked, please make the page topper link to the active crowner.