Soul Series: Best Music (Soulcalibur III)
Welcome to the new stage of music history. (All of this wordplay is really starting to lose its charm, eh?)
marked the point where the series started to eschew arcade releases, as well as reverting to being a single platform exclusive (sorry, GameCube and Xbox owners). While not as
critically acclaimed as its direct predecessor, SCIII
's strengths in the gameplay and, more importantly, musical department should not be overlooked. As usual, it's up to you to decide which track(s) will take first.
Vote up those that you like, vote down the ones you don't. If you're neutral on any choice, it's best NOT
to vote at all, as votes can't be taken back, only reversed.
Here's the wiki
if you want to brush up on anything you're not familiar with.
Crowner Glitch Warning:
Sometimes there is a bug on crowners where it says you voted in a certain direction, whether or not you did. To the best of our knowledge, that doesn't affect the actual math, and you can still vote. If you are prohibited from voting, notify the thread, and we will decide whether or not to suspend the crowner.
Crowner Week polls are as follows:
(Note that only the 3 with the most positive votes will be displayed; however, that may not reflect choices with fewer positive and no negative votes.)
- Best character (story, overall design & personality)
- WINNERS: Talim (12:3), Seong Mi-na (8:0), Yoshimitsu (9:1), Kilik (9:1)
- Best guest/bonus character
- WINNERS: Ezio (9:0), Ashlotte (6:0), Link (7:2)
- Best weapon play style
- WINNERS: Zasalamel's Scythe (9:1), Raphael's Rapier (8:1), Talim's Tonfa (9:2)
- Best game feature (Weapon Master, COTS, Survival, breakable armor, create-a-character, etc.)
- WINNERS: Create-A-Soul/Character Creation (SCIII, SCIV,SCV) (14:0), Weapon Master (SE, SCII) (9:1), Weapon Gallery (SCII) (7:0), Extra Weapons (SC, SCII, SCIII, SCIV, SCV) (7:0)
- Best Game
- WINNERS: Soulcalibur II (13:1), Soulcalibur III (8:2), Soulcalibur (4:0)
- Best Music (Soul Edge OST/AST)
- WINNERS: "Bravely Folk Song" (Cervantes) (5:0), "Horangi Arirang" (Hwang) (4:0), "Dragon's Call" (Li Long) (3:0), "Khaduri" (Mi-na) (3:0), "Recollect Continent" (Rock) (4:1)
- Best Music (Soul Edge/Soul Blade - Khan Super Session)
- WINNERS: "The Edge of Soul" (Intro BGM) (4:0), "Castaway into Darkness" (Cervantes) (3:0), "Doubtful Judgement" (Soul Edge) (2:0), "An Oath of the Sword" (Character Select) (2:0), "Hagakure" (Mitsurugi) (2:0), "A Haunting Wind" (Taki) (2:0), "Another Fanatic" (Voldo) (2:0), "Darkness of Fate" (Siegfried) (2:0)
- Best Music (Soulcalibur OST)
- WINNERS: "Sail Over the Storm" (Maxi) (4:0), "Light & Darkness" (Opening) (3:0), "In the Name of Father" (Nightmare) (3:0), "Bred from the Gap" (Astaroth/Lizardman) (3:0), "Unblessed Soul" (Ivy) (3:0), "Beyond the Horizon" (Hwang) (3:0) note
- Best Music (Soulcalibur II OST)
- WINNERS: "No Turning Back" (Raphael) (4:0), "Sword of the Patriot" (Mi-na) (4:0), "Under the Star of Destiny" (Opening) (3:0), "History Unfolds" (Character Select) (3:0), "Unwavering Resolve" (Sophitia/Cassandra) (3:0), "Guided by Wind" (Talim) (3:0), "Raise Thy Sword" (Nightmare) (3:0), "Eternal Struggle" (Cervantes/Maxi) (3:0), "Hubris" (Mitsurugi/Xianghua) (3:0), "Hellfire" (Inferno) (3:0), "Healing Winds" (Art Gallery) (3:0) note
- Best Music (Soulcalibur III OST)
- WINNERS: "Water Dance" (Xianghua) (6:0), "Forsaken Sanctuary" (Siegfried) (5:0), "The New Legend" (Kilik) (5:1), "Fearless Eyes" (Sophitia) (4:0), "Time Marches On" (Zasalamel) (4:0), "Sail Over the Storm" (Maxi) (4:0), "Ephemeral Dream" (Setsuka) (4:0)
As I'm taking over from wander with this batch, the polls will be operating on a slightly different time zone (Eastern Daylight Time/UTC-4 as opposed to Central/UTC-5). Each poll will last for 24 hours, starting and ending midnight. As always, if the crowner doesn't happen to get hooked, please make the page topper link to the active crowner.