Page Action: World Map
What would be the best way to fix the page?
" is currently defined as "any depiction of a videogame regional map that provides free exploration between discrete levels/areas" (a la Final Fantasy
). It is, however, used for videogame World Maps in general, such as "map select screen
" style maps (a la Super Mario Bros 3
This issue has been resolved and voting is closed.
+9 (yeas:11 nays:2)
- Expand "World Map" into a Super Trope for the World Map mechanic in video games, regardless of its technical implementation.
- Move the current definition (e.g. Final Fantasy-style world maps) to a separate name.
- Update/split wikilinks between free-roaming and Point-and-Click Map types.
- Pro: New definition is consistent with virtually all in-wiki usage of the term (nobody is using outside of videogames).
- Con: Pre-existing term is still broader than the definition.
-1 (yeas:3 nays:4)
- Pro: Pre-established term for, well, "maps of the world" in general.
- Con: Tropability concerns; found no in-wiki usage of the term outside of videogames.
-6 (yeas:0 nays:6)
- Con: May not stop future misuse.
Total number: 3. Number shown: 3.
Total number of votes: 26