Alternative Titles: Petting Zoo People
Vote up names you like, vote down names you don't. Whether or not the title will actually be changed is determined with a different kind of crowner (the Single Proposition crowner). This one just collects and ranks alternative titles.
+6 (yeas:6 nays:0)
[Information only - keep this pinned]
Discussion in the Trope Repair Shop
indicates there are actually two visual tropes covered by Petting Zoo People
- The first is Kemonomimi, characters that appear entirely human aside from the addition of an animal's tail and/or Unusual Ears.
- The second covers characters who have a recognizably human build and proportions, but still retain the full head, tail, and body pelage (e.g. "fur") of the animal. It is a middle ground between Kemonomimi and Funny Animal that comprises the majority of work within the Furry Fandom. Other works, like Star Fox or SWAT Kats, also provide clear examples of the type. There is currently a YKTTW to iron out the definition of this trope.
If we are going to hard-split these two tropes (see the Page Action Crowner
), at least one of them will need a new name so we can tell them apart.
If you can think up a concise "pro" or "con" point for an option that doesn't have one, feel free to edit it in.
+5 (yeas:6 nays:1) +1 (yeas:5 nays:4) 0 (yeas:3 nays:3) Anthropomorphic Animal Person
- Pro: Uses the pre-established term. No confusion over whether they have the psyche of an "animal" or a "human" — that's a narrative distinction and irrelevant to this trope.
- Con: Longer and equally broad as the pre-existing term (Anthropomorphic Animal).
-1 (yeas:2 nays:3) -1 (yeas:3 nays:4) Humanoid Animal
- Confusion with Funny Animal.
- Does not cover the more human portions of the middle ground group it's labelling.
-1 (yeas:1 nays:2) -2 (yeas:1 nays:3) Animalistic Human
(or Animalistic Person
- Pro: Emphasis on the human base with added animal features.
- Con: Ambiguity between a character's visual depiction (the trope) and their narrative depiction (not the trope).
-2 (yeas:1 nays:3) -2 (yeas:1 nays:3) -2 (yeas:1 nays:3) Anthropomorphic Person Animal
- Pro: Derived from the pre-established term.
- Con: Misusing the pre-established term; "anthropomorphic person" is redundant.
-3 (yeas:1 nays:4) -4 (yeas:1 nays:5) -4 (yeas:1 nays:5) -5 (yeas:0 nays:5) Total number: 15. Number shown: 15.
Total number of votes: 81