Why, hello there. If you're looking for my wall, click right here.
You can call me Fury for short. I don't really like to share information through the net, but here's a list of things that I'd like to.
- I'm a guy.
- I'm a young adult.
- I hail from the East Indies.
Note: This previous version of this list was very outdated. Will come around to update it. Eventually.
GunturA private defense contractor from South East Asia. Usually wears loose clothing and hides his face with masks or a balaclava. For a guy who hides his face 24/7, he's quite friendly and open about himself. Proficient with firearms and martial arts, and taught himself to handle explosives. Though he lacks experience, his unnatural strength and endurance makes him an incredibly effective fighter. He lives in a flat somewhere in South Jakarta.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: Downplayed. He knows that he's stronger than other people and isn't shy to let them know, but he's not above complimenting his opponents for their skills.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: He's trained in Silat. Even without his Super Strength, his technique is good enough to kill a man with a single blow.
- Because I'm Good At It: He knows that his job is morally grey at best, and he doesn't necessarily derive pleasure from killing (fighting is A-OK, though). He tried to get out of mercenary job a couple of times, but it turns out having no education outside of martial arts hampers his ability to switch careers.
- Beware the Nice Ones: He can be very brutal if he needs to. Not that you know just from talking to him.
- Blood Knight: One of the reasons he become a mercenary is that he likes fighting that much. So much, in fact, it's not wrong that he's addicted to violence.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: Claims that his strength comes from training, strict diet, and massages.
- Close-Range Combatant: Between his incredible strength, martial arts training, and near-superhuman reflexes, Guntur is an absolute monster to fight in melee. That said, he's not a very good shot with guns and often too impatient to aim properly. This is why his choice of firearms tend to be on the short-ranged side.
- Combat Pragmatist: Has no problems with blinding opponents with flashbangs. Or drawing a pistol in melee. Or throwing spent magazines as a distraction while he reloads said gun.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Whatever happened between the time he left his homestead and his arrival in Jakarta is not clear. What is known is that the event(s) caused him to conceal his face from everyone else.
- Face of a Thug: The fact that he never shows his face means that most people won't trust him on sight. Despite this, he's a pretty decent fellow once you know him.
- Farm Boy: He was raised in his mentor's farm somewhere in Sumatra. Many of his training regimen involved him working on the fields or the surrounding jungles.
- Gas Mask, Longcoat: His usual combat attire. While the gas mask is justified because it protects him from tear gas and flashbangs he often uses, he just thinks the coat looks cool.
- Gun Kata: Because his martial arts school doesn't teach how to use guns, he created a short-range style which he can mix with his regular silat moves. He's still refining this style, however, and on the current state it's questionably effective.
- In Harm's Way: Even when he feels guilt from his actions from time-to-time, he won't deny if he enjoys his job. To him, nothing beats the thrill of putting his one's own life in danger.
- Knife Nut: Downplayed. He has a fairly small knife collection, but he mostly use knives when toying with his opponents or for field utility.
- Mysterious Past: He has no memories before he started training under his mentor. He just showed up one day on his doorstep, wounded and malnourished.
- Psychopathic Manchild: Downplayed. He's no less reasonable than your average adult, but his mercenary career started simply because he wanted to live out his childhood power fantasies.
- Skilled, but Naive: Started out as this, but he gets better over time. Still, he can be too trusting at times, and prone to be manipulated by others.
- Supernatural Martial Arts: Averted. While his mentor is able to use Ki Attacks and wanted to teach it, it turns out that G's ability to channel Ki is unusually low. At most, he can emit light from his palms or analyze a person's body with a touch, but nothing more than that.
- Super Strength: His strikes are strong enough to shatter bedrock even without Ki, and he has zero problems with having super-dense armor plating strapped to his forearms.
- The Faceless: He always wears some sort of face covering when going out. The only ones who know his real face are his adoptive sister and mentor, and even then they don't know why he never reveal his face.
- Willfully Weak: Basically when he pulls out any kind of weapon. Most weapons like knives or machetes limit the amount of power he can put behind a strike or else he'll risk breaking it. If he wants to use his full power, he'll fight bare handed.
AwanG's adoptive sister. A haughty and short-tempered individual that also happens to be a magical prodigy. Has a silvery-white hair that she keeps at shoulder-length. Under the guidance of her current teacher, she came to Jakarta to search for a mysterious artifact.
- Kung-Fu Wizard: He trained under the same martial artist as her brother, and as such share the same proficiency in Silat. Unlike him, though, she backs her moves with magic spells.
- Master of None: Being gifted with incredible magical prowess, she can learn new spells and rituals in a fraction of time that it took an average mage. Unfortunately, she tends to learn too many things at once, leading to her knowing numerous spells but only good with some of them.
- Mystical White Hair: Both of her teachers theorize that her hair color is somehow related to her powers, something that she agrees with.
AvelynA blue-haired swordswoman with incredible magical potential. She comes from a family of disgraced nobles and seeks to eventually restore her family's honor.
She doesn't share the same setting as the characters above. Her world is a joint project between me and my sister.
- BFS: Her weapon of choice. Unlike most fictional giant swords, hers are actually quite light (weighing ~3.5 kg at most), meaning she can swing it much faster than she looks like.
- Functional Magic: Under the Rule Magic variety. Most of Avelyn's spells require kinetic (gestures) and vocal (Magical Incantation) components to cast. Eventually, she learns to tweak the kinetic requirements, allowing her to cast spells simply by swinging her sword.
- Genki Girl: She's always upbeat no matter what the situation is.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: But of course. Besides her two-hander, she also carries a messer (which is technically a knife, though it's long enough to pass as a shortsword) as a secondary weapon.
- Helmets Are Hardly Heroic: Even though she wears a pretty sensible set of armor, she opts to not wear a helmet. This is because she finds it hard to concentrate while wearing something heavy on her head, which hampers her spellcasting.
- Improbable Use of a Weapon: Other than mundane cuts and thrusts, her moves include half-swording (grabbing the central part of the blade, like how one would wield a polearm) and mordhau (in which she wields her sword upside-down, with her hands on the blade and striking with the grip).
- Magic Knight: Avelyn uses force/wind magic to supplement her swordfighting skills in combat. This ranges from speeding up her actions, creating gusts of wind to control enemy movement, to generate razor-sharp, nigh-invisible Sword Beam.
- Statuesque Stunner: She's slightly over 1.8 meters tall.
- Unskilled, but Strong: Magic-wise, at least. Because she focused on swordfighting rather than magical training, she is far less skilled than common mages. She makes up for this by learning new spells at a very rapid rate and being able to put more energy behind her spells. If she had focused her training on improving her magical skills, she could potentially be one of the strongest wizards of her generation.
- Wrestler in All of Us: Part of her combat skillset are various grapples, holds, and joint locks. Not only these techniques are useful in unarmed combat, she can also apply them using her sword.
Andrzej CzermackA Tactical Commander of Griffin & Kryuger Security Firm. Ruthless and calculating, though not without gentler qualities of his own.
- The Ace: Had G&K employ human soldiers instead of T-Dolls, Andrzej's sheer skills, wits, and loyalty would have carried him to the top in short order.
- Broken Ace: All that expertise comes at the cost of being treated as nothing more than a disposable pawn for most of his life, which led him to place little to no value on his own being.
- Death Seeker: Downplayed. Many of his plans tend to expose himself to more danger than it need to be, which he justifies as maximizing the odds of victory. This sort of behavior earned him numerous calling-out and penalties from his superiors.
- Extreme Doormat: One of his most defining characteristics is his near-total lack of drive and ambition. His existence almost entirely revolves around doing whatever his superiors want him to do. Being put in the position of a Commander forced him to take more initiatives and think for himself, subverting this trope along the way.
- Friend in the Black Market: He maintains connections to certain underground arms dealer, who supplies him with (often illegal) devices and weaponry.
- Frontline General: His preferred style of command. "Frontline" may be a stretch, however, as he is often behind enemy lines or just behind the frontline while directing his troops. If he gets caught in a firefight, then something has gone terribly wrong.
- Nerves of Steel: It doesn't matter if his plans fall apart, his soldiers are dying left and right, and he's only inches away from death's door. He will rationally plan his next move and execute it without the slightest hint of panic.
- Perpetual Frowner: Andrzej has the emotional range of a marble statue. Any change in feelings he has is shown with very slight movements of his facial muscles.
- Reassigned to Antarctica: His status as a former convict (and a suspected terrorist at that) puts him at odds with his superiors, who saw fit to assign him a tiny base with few personnel in case he tried to do anything.
I'm mostly a Lurker, though I edit a few pages once in a while.
I usually hang around the Forum Games section, though I've been occasionally spotted in other subforums.
No relation to a certain Battlefield 2 expansion pack, other than I took my screen name from it.
... That's all of it (for now, anyway).