Basic Trope: After two characters hook up, the other interested parties announce reasons to stop pursuing them.
- Straight: Bob and Charlie both pine for Alice. When Alice chooses Bob, Charlie reveals he wasn't that into her.
- Exaggerated: And Dave just wants Alice to be happy, Edgar starts dating Betty - who liked Bob, Frank dies, and so on.
- Downplayed: Charlie doesn't actually say that he's not interested anymore, but dials the flirting way back.
- Justified: Charlie reveals that he was already chasing two other girls anyway.
- Inverted: Bob and Alice break up, and all the previously uninterested suitors announce their intent to date Alice.
- Subverted: Bob and Alice hook up, and Charlie reveals that he wasn't that into her - but he was lying.
- Double Subverted: ...Turns out he's just acting that way to make Bob nervous.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: Charlie reveals he wasn't really into Alice, but he reveals he was lying when he said that. He was actually into Bob.
- Averted: ???
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: "Alice, I know you're dating Bob now, but I want you to know that I'll always love you and you alone."
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Cleaning Up Romantic Loose Ends.