- In the first novel, Liu Han and Yi Min are taken from a prison camp and brought on a starship in orbit. They are terrified by the travel and the location, wondering why they have been taken and what they've done wrong, when they are given a single order: "You go screw now". Turns out, Lizards are rather curious about Humanity's ability to copulate whenever they want...
- A group of prisoners singing a song about the Race and the Gingerbread Man.
- The early part of the scene with the Dora gun, before it is inevitably destroyed, is hilarious. From the perspective of The Race, the primitive humans have managed to create missiles that can go right through their missile defenses. Their reactions at watching the radar screen, thinking the heavily-armored shell is some kind of invincible missile, are hilarious.
- Ttomalass and anything he does in Upsetting the Balance. It's funnier if one remembers these actions begin after he crosses the Moral Event Horizon.
- Made funnier with a similar discussion relating to human infants in the same book.Straha: I feel that I should tell you that your hatchling kept several males awake last night with his howling. How long is this going to continue?Sam Yeager: He'll stop in six mon-one of your years. In the meantime, I'll be going to Missouri.Sam leaves. Straha is unable to make anything but a shocked expression.
- Made funnier with a similar discussion relating to human infants in the same book.
- Atvar, of course, had no idea what an outfielder was. In fact, he wondered if Cincinnati had Blues and Yellows to go with its Reds.
- Atvar's comments about the time difference between the probe and the arrival of the invasion fleet.
Funny / Worldwar