ryanasaurus0077 on Aug 9th 2018 at 1:51:17 PM
Last Edited By:
ryanasaurus0077 on yesterday
Page Type: trope
Someone runs a straight line at a high speed. There are people standing nearby—right on the runner's path, even! Anyone caught in the runner's path as he zips right past them will spin out instantly upon contact.
- In Mary Poppins, Bert is riding a merry-go-round horse when he wanders into a racing track; as the riders run past him, his horse spins around.
- In one episode of The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, there's a scene where, after Private Ear Tigger gives Pooh a pot of honey (which he'd been short on for a while), Rabbit, having discovered he was one honey pot short, runs in screaming, "HELP! POLICE! ROBBED!" He runs into Pooh, who spins out and lets go of the honey pot he was holding.
- In one The Pink Panther short, the Panther gets a car that was previously owned by a Mad Scientist, who added a Jekyll & Hyde potion to its fuel tank, causing it to randomly become sentient and evil. When the car was in its "evil" mode, any vehicle it passed would go into a spin and then fall apart.
- The Fat Controller does a more mundane one in the Thomas the Tank Engine episode "The Fastest Red Engine On Sodor" after a runaway James speeds through Knapford Station.
- This happens a lot in The Tortoise and the Hare whenever Max Hare runs past someone.
Feedback: 4 replies