04:12:15 AM Jan 10th 2012
Is this example with the Justifying Edits still valid?
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot:
- The setup MMPR and the pre-Earth scenes of the Masked Rider premiere left them was a doozy: Dex is a resistance fighter, battling his own uncle (and therefore the son of The Obi-Wan, King Lexian.) The Dex of Power Rangers was battle-hardened and paranoid. His world is said to be dying, already beyond saving, by Lexian. The Rangers come to Edenoi and win one battle, too little, too late. The villains follow them back, Dex follows them back... the ingredients for a truly awesome and epic story taking place on two worlds (with occasional Ranger involvement, perhaps) were right there. What did The Powers That Be say? "Screw that, let's make a sitcom with the odd monster fight."
- Your Mileage May Vary, that's been the plot to the Fantastic Four for nearly forty years, and it's what makes it awesome. Of course, there's a way to do it, and there's... the way Masked Rider did it.
- Also, Fantastic Four does epic things too.
- The idea of Edenoi likely came from Kaimakai ("Strange Demon World"), an alternate dimension visited by Kotaro Minami in Kamen Rider Black RX which was taken over by the Crisis Empire and was turned into a desert world.